+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Report Claims Apple Will Launch $200 to $250 iPad Mini in October

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default New Report Claims Apple Will Launch $200 to $250 iPad Mini in October

Rumors of a smaller iPad priced to compete with the Kindle Fire resurfaced today with an iMore report claiming that Apple is targeting an October release date for a 7-inch iPad.

The report claims that Apple will price the new 7-inch iPad in the $200-$250 range and the device will “be identical in every way” to the current iPad except for the display size. If the smaller iPad retains the Retina Display of the new iPad its pixel density will come close to that of the iPhone 4 and 4S.

"According to our source, which has proven reliable in the past, the reason for such aggressive pricing is to do to the tablet market what Apple did to the MP3 market in 2004 with the expansion of the iPod product line -- leave absolutely no space for competitors." — iMore
    If the specs are identical the new iPad reaching the $200-$250 price point could spell problems for Apple's traditionally high margins unless they’ve managed to negotiate some insane component prices in their supply chain. Also, if the price point is to be believed Apple would likely cannibalize sales of their iPod touch line which starts at $199, unless of course they lower the price (not likely).

Even if the claims seem grandiose and improbable, iMore does have an accurate rumor history which gives a little more credence to their claims. Still, calling the third-generation iPad launch event date back in February, and supporting claims of the new iPad’s LTE functionality aren’t quite as sensational as an entirely new iPad “mini” claim.

Source: iMore [via MacRumors]

Gainesville, FL (The Swamp, only Gators get out ALIVE!!)
    Thanks

yup just like i mentioned before in the other article ..... Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi - Report: Major iPad, iPhone Plans for August and September....
    .... with the launch of this smaller ipad..... it would seriously bring into question, ipod touch or small ipad??? i myself would go for the small ipad without blinking unless a new ipod touch (even with retina display barely appreciated on ipod touch screen) would be brought out for half the price.... this could be the beginning of the end of the ipod touch....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Again with these rumors? I wish they would come true already so these rumors would stop circulating yearly. So many people are going to bash on this though...the typical "isn't the iPad mini just an iPod Touch/iPhone" jokes won't stop now lol.

Being totally honest though, for $250 I would buy it. It's a good price for what it is. I had the Kindle Fire, didn't like it the device but loved the price, so if this came true it'd be awesome for me. The screen size on the Fire was adequate for the way I would use it, so this would be perfect.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 05-10-2012 at 05:19 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Oh how I love my Galaxy Note.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colin9001's Avatar
    Thanks

*sigh*

I just want an iPod Touch with upgraded specs.
    Is that too much to ask? 512MB of RAM and that sexy processor?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Striknine's Avatar
    Thanks

If this does happen, say bye bye to tablet competition. A 7" screen is the ony size device Apple doesn't produce.
    I own a 7" Blackberry Playbook and I have to say the size is perfect for me. I use the 7" tablet more than the iPad around the house.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    Oh how I love my Galaxy Note.
    +1 to you sir..
    Rampage
    Back To The Basics

Thanks

well if i did not already own an ipad nor a iphone and something like this came out from apple i would buy it in a heartbeat.

Green Apple
    Thanks

id hit it...

Thanks

Mini iPad is a no brainer if you have a choice..in my opinion. If they do hit the 200-250 price point, Kindle Fire will be used for starting fires haha! I like the iTouch..I just have no use for it when I own a 4G and 4S. I would rather have the screen real estate of the mini iPad if it make its way to the store shelves. Time will tell..it makes sense considering Apples past on dominating a market.

iPhone? More like MyPhone joshlogic's Avatar
    Thanks

Remember, Apple makes far more on apps/music/game purchases than hardware sales. Even if they broke even on the device cost, software sales are highly profitable!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I kinda doubt it'll sell for that little since iPod Touchs sell for about the same. I was thinking $300-350 but we shall see!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

New report claims MMi will continue to rehash old rumours every few months no matter how many times a report is wrong

Green Apple
    Thanks
    This just in: MMI has no real Apple news so instead of saying nothing or reviewing another Cydia Tweak they will print this utter nonsense

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

So I should be expecting a way bigger iPhone soon.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think there would still be a niche for ipod touch users who want the same functionality in a pocket sized package. Agreed though that they would need to do something about the price.

iPhone? More like MyPhone PlatoTheForms's Avatar
    Thanks

this, will sell like hotcakes. It definitely is a size that is logical for many situations and I wouldn't mind buying one.

Thanks

iphone combined with ipad transformation?? = galaxy note

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Nooooooo

*T*
    Thanks

"New Report!"