+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Jailbreak Tweak Allows Window Management for iPad

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Also purchased this lovely tweak but it won't install!! THIS SUCKS!! Is there a fix for this or what???
    iPhone? More like MyPhone louee6's Avatar
    Thanks

Also purchased this lovely tweak but it won't install!! THIS SUCKS!! Is there a fix for this or what???

Thanks

So, I tried replying to this thread twice on my iPad, but it froze due to Quasar; multiple hard-resets, lost work, frustration. Great idea, not quite ready yet. I will forego a refund in hopes the bugs are ironed out soon. The first issue I encountered was that the accelerometer didn't work. Next, the cursor would jump around randomly while entering text, and the browser would intermittently scroll to the top of the page. Sadly, I had to uninstall. How about some beta testing first?

Thanks

I purchased this tweak and I too was disappointed. Very buggy. For me it's unusable. Uninstalled until they get some of the bigger bugs worked out. Great idea though.

Banned
    Thanks

looks like the iPad has finally got true multitasking. Cant wait to try it out.

Thanks

Well, you're gonna be waiting...it's not ready yet. Nice avatar! Need a boyfriend?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KihOshk View Post
    So, I tried replying to this thread twice on my iPad, but it froze due to Quasar; multiple hard-resets, lost work, frustration. Great idea, not quite ready yet. I will forego a refund in hopes the bugs are ironed out soon. The first issue I encountered was that the accelerometer didn't work. Next, the cursor would jump around randomly while entering text, and the browser would intermittently scroll to the top of the page. Sadly, I had to uninstall. How about some beta testing first?
    I'm typing this, with Plex running next to safari, watching mythbusters. Do you have an iPad 1 or 2? How many dylibs are you running?
    My iPhone 4 Mod Flickr Stream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/54754025@N07/

Thanks

This looks really incredible. I run SwitcherCleaner and Backgrounder. Anyone have thoughts on how these might interact? Should I uninstall these two before trying Quasar?

Thanks

wow

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks amazing, don't have an iPad, so unfortunately can't try it out.

As for the "apple should have done this, beaten to the punch by jailbreakers again" type comments, it's my opinion that Apple hasn't added this type of functionality yet for a reason. Does anyone really believe Apple hasn't thought of or created this yet?

Apple is all about iOS being universal, as simple as pie. This allows people who own a iPhone, to buy an iPad (and vice-versa), and know exactly how it functions, how it works, which button does what, etc, before they have ever even touched the device.

Adding this big of a change to the iPads iOS would destroy the seamless transition Apple has created for customers when going from the iPhone to the iPad, and vice-versa.

I know for us techies, we hate the limitations that this universal strategy puts on our devices, and it's hard for us to understand why Apple wouldn't want to just release the most kickass, versatile, powerful, customizable, cutting edge, feature packed iOS possible. I would love that, you would love that.

Yet sadly for us, the majority of iOS users wouldn't love that. They just want their idevice to work, and not have to learn anymore "difficult" tasks such as learning how to save a picture to their picture roll, or how to enable and disable wifi. Using the task manager..... simply out of the question for many.

Although I do wish Apple would unleash iOS, it's not going to, and it shouldn't. This strategy is brilliant, and it's only a part of their grand scheme. With Lion, we are seeing OSX slowly evolving into a iOS/OSX hybrid. It's genius...All of these millions and millions of new iPhone users, if they have the option to buy a computer (and TV) that works exactly how their amazing iPhone does, my guess is that they will.

We see Apple adding iOS features to OSX, so I guess the big question is, when will we see more OSX features being added to iOS? It will happen....but slowly....very slowly. So i guess the moral of the story is.....Thank god for the jailbreak community!!!!!
    El Zurdo

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

For someone that can't even use this jailbreak
    ie iLoveWindows&iPhone
    nice rant Facepalm

iPhone? More like MyPhone Spaceman1701's Avatar
    Thanks

Great idea but doesnt work properly for me. What a waste ofmoney. I am glad it works for others. It works for me but every window is upside down and rotate doesnt help. I personally use my ipad with thehome button onthe left, this app makes me flip the ipad around and then my case is backwards. Also, when viewing a webpage via this, it is all choppy and slow.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

After having nothing but issues with it I uninstalled this tweak. I did notice today that the version is 1.0.1. Does anyone know if it was updated overnight. I would love for it to work. Especially after the 10 bucks I paid.

iPhone? More like MyPhone fabbuloso's Avatar
    Thanks

Great tweak.i always wanted this but.it doesnt work properly.fullscreen mode sucks.rotation sucks.if all works well.its worth ten bucks.but for this versio now i wouldnt pay a dime.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Who wants to make a wager and bet that this developer will get a job at Apple??

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

This is something I wished the iPad could do ever since it came out! Had I known something like this was coming out in Cydia I would have kept my jailbroken iPad 2 a little longer. Now I have to wait for a iPad 3 JB which may not come for months..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JesseDegenerate View Post
    I'm typing this, with Plex running next to safari, watching mythbusters. Do you have an iPad 1 or 2? How many dylibs are you running?
    Although Mother says "Don't associate with degenerates.", I will answer this:

I gotta buncha crap running on an iPad2 5.0.1, but never had these issues before. I read that a ver. 1.0.1 came out; I'll have a lookie.

Quote Originally Posted by KihOshk View Post
    Although Mother says "Don't associate with degenerates.", I will answer this:

I gotta buncha crap running on an iPad2 5.0.1, but never had these issues before. I read that a ver. 1.0.1 came out; I'll have a lookie.
    Testing...testing...

The quick lazy dog jumps over a fox or something.

New version installed, although the update notes do not address my issues, all seems well thus far. Will report back later.
    Last edited by KihOshk; 04-30-2012 at 08:23 AM.

Thanks

For those of you suggesting Apple should hire this developer I'm pretty sure they already know how to make this work. they just choose not to.

Just like the original multitasking. They could have released the first iPhone with the ability to multitask, copy & paste, etc., but simply chose not to.

I seriously doubt the reason Apple hasn't included this is that they can't figure out how.

iPhone? More like MyPhone spooneditr's Avatar
    Thanks

This is why 5.1 jailbreak for new iPad should come out. I so want this!

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Purchased this amazing little (only 32k!) a couple of days ago and as such, there are a few notable bugs and annoyances...
    - FaceTime is refusing to startup when Quasar is installed.
    - Some iPhone apps are cutoff from the top by about 10px. (i.e. Zombie Booth, etc.)
    - Using iPhone only apps (apps that have no iPad equivalent) has been rather annoying, especially games that are landscape only. For example, if the iPad is portrait mode, naturally a landscape only iPhone game will appear sideways. Changing the iPad orientation to landscape causes the iPhone app to rotate as well.
    - No way to "zoom-in" on iPhone only apps, like iOS natively handles. This renders tweaks like RetinaPad, useless, since there's no reason display the hi-res graphics. (yet in one of the updates, it specifically mentions Retinapad support)

My wish list:
    1) iPhone only apps have a "rotate", "resize", and "fullscreen" buttons.
    2) Perhaps a "default zoom" feature, where the user can specify which apps (like Safari), natively open in full screen. Then when home button is pressed it minimizes to a window.

With all that said, people should still check Quasar out. The author is obviously hard at work, with what seems to be daily updates.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12