+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 25% of New iPad Purchases Are From Newbie Apple Product Owners

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default 25% of New iPad Purchases Are From Newbie Apple Product Owners

Apple's third-generation iPad has done wonders to bring previous non-Apple customers out of the woodwork.

On Thursday, leading research outfit NPD Group reported that an impressive 25% of all new iPad purchases are made by individuals who have never before owned an Apple product - no iPhones, iPods, or Macs.

Although just 33 percent of U.S. homes now own Apple products, that number is growing exponentially with each passing year. And while 69 percent of this consumer base owns iPods, ownership of iPads is ballooning tremendously - especially this year.

"iPad sales are growing much faster than any other Apple product has this soon after launch," writes NPD analysis director Ben Arnold. "In fact, one-in-five Apple owner households has one— nearly equivalent to the number that own an Apple computer. This demonstrates the appeal of both the new form factor and Apple’s app ecosystem."

Apple's overall product ecosystem, however, has renewed meaning for many Apple fans today. In the past, being a part of the Apple community simply meant owning one Apple product. Today, the iDevice line alone has prompted many Apple loyalists to expand their reach into iOS-powered devices - a trend that will continue and spread to other Apple products and services.

"Apple’s OS X, iOS, and App Store are platforms specially tailored for their products," Arnold asserts. "Should more households become multiple Apple product homes, these platforms will become even more important in the acquisition and sharing of content between devices."

Source: NPD Group

iPhone? More like MyPhone Xenthis's Avatar
    Thanks

1/3 of homes owns Apple products... That sounds like more than JUST 33%... 1 company with a device in 1 in 3 peoples lives.

Green Apple
    Thanks

The problems is, the other 2 thirds have android and windows. People think the products that more people own means they are better, but it actually means they are cheaper or even free, which is directly proportionate the the lack of quality in Android devices and Windows PCs, thus the dominance in the market.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jbardi View Post
    The problems is, the other 2 thirds have android and windows. People think the products that more people own means they are better, but it actually means they are cheaper or even free, which is directly proportionate the the lack of quality in Android devices and Windows PCs, thus the dominance in the market.
    You get what you paid for.

iPhone? More like MyPhone spooneditr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jbardi View Post
    You remind me of Sheldon from the The Big Bang Theory. Lol

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

Banned
    Thanks

How many Android buyers are previous Apple users. I guess about 95% of them. They all left Apple for a better device.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    How many Android buyers are previous Apple users. I guess about 95% of them. They all left Apple for a better device.
    Good thing this world doesn't operate on guesses.

Thanks

its hilarious how stupid some of the newbies are too.