+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New iPad Shipping Times Dramatically Improve

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Shipping times for the new iPad have improved markedly in recent days. Shortly after the third-generation Apple tablet was unveiled and launched last month, lagging shipping times began to reflect
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default New iPad Shipping Times Dramatically Improve

Shipping times for the new iPad have improved markedly in recent days.

Shortly after the third-generation Apple tablet was unveiled and launched last month, lagging shipping times began to reflect the crushing consumer demand placed on the device. By the end of March, typical online orders were coming with two-week shipping estimates.

Corresponding with recent reports that new iPad production has picked up significantly in recent weeks, shipping times for the tablet have since fallen back to the 5-7 day range. And that's not bad considering demand hasn't waned much, if at all.

In fact, the new iPad has been expanding rapidly around the globe. In addition to arriving in eleven new countries last weekend, today - as of this writing - millions of people are for the first time laying their hands on the iPad in Brunei, Croatia, Cyprus, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Malaysia, Panama, St Maarten, Uruguay and Venezuela.

Not withstanding the rapid international expansion in recent days, new iPad shipping times are relatively brisk. And thanks to production rolling along like a well-oiled machine, they are expected to remain so for the foreseeable future.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    That's good to hear. My lady friend bought me a white 64GB one today. Hoping she got the 4G one even though I'll most likely never use 4G, 'twould be cool to have just in case for whatever reason. SO I should see it in 5-7 days. Cool. Cool cool cool.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

What are you talking about lagging shipping time? It went back to 5-7 days less than a week after iPad 3 introduction, if you search back you will see someone post about that and I confirmed by going to Apple store at that time.