+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Report: Apple to Launch Affordable Line of iPad Minis in Late 2012

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by mustard05 Hence, the I pad 2 is now 399. If 399 is to much for an individual looking for a tablet, they prob shouldn't be looking at
...
  1. #21
    iPhoneaholic quidam_brujah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    459
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 33 Times in 27 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    Hence, the I pad 2 is now 399. If 399 is to much for an individual looking for a tablet, they prob shouldn't be looking at tablets.



    What your looking for is called an iPod. It's is already priced at 199.99 and it will fit in any childs hands perfectly.
    Insert Simpson's Nelson laugh "Ha! Ha!"

    Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    First, I care less what you do with your money!

    Second, if the device is for a 2 year old, will the child really care about screen size??? I mean please!

    Third, who cares if you say there is a market for a smaller iPad!!!! Obviously Apple feels differently because there isn't now, nor will there ever probably be a smaller iPad. From a Buisness standpoint, it wouldn't make sence for them to cannobolize there own product sales just to compete with the smaller e readers when they are already beating them.

    Lastly, I'm not judgmental at all. You obviously took my OP the wrong way.
    I thought 2 was the avg age of. FoxConn assembler... They need tiny hands and excellent dexterity.

    Cannibalizing is for HP or Dell when they come out with a multitude of close ranged models. Look at the breadth of Apple products. They don't. They produce a few sizes of of products for different areas and let the consumer adapt. Their model seems to be working so far. And if you can drop money on a new iPad with every new release, or can afford multiple sizes, you can afford to buy a new one and hand-down your 'old' one. I skipped the 2 and went wi the new one and gave my daughter my iPad 1: by the time I was ready for a new one, she was mature/responsible enough for her own and if it does break, I wouldn't cry about it as much as I would a new one.
    Last edited by quidam_brujah; 04-16-2012 at 07:54 PM.

  2. #22
    My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    602
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 21 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by quidam_brujah View Post
    Insert Simpson's Nelson laugh "Ha! Ha!"



    I thought 2 was the avg age of. FoxConn assembler... They need tiny hands and excellent dexterity.

    Cannibalizing is for HP or Dell when they come out with a multitude of close ranged models. Look at the breadth of Apple products. They don't. They produce a few sizes of of products for different areas and let the consumer adapt. Their model seems to be working so far. And if you can drop money on a new iPad with every new release, or can afford multiple sizes, you can afford to buy a new one and hand-down your 'old' one. I skipped the 2 and went wi the new one and gave my daughter my iPad 1: by the time I was ready for a new one, she was mature/responsible enough for her own and if it does break, I wouldn't cry about it as much as I would a new one.
    I was speaking of Apple cannibalizing there own product line by having a multitude of close ranged products. Sure, a iPad mini sure sounds great as a consumer. However, the possible consequences of releasing a smaller iPad could severely hurt and cost Apple sales in iPods and normal sized iPads. Just because people are wanting a smaller iPad doesn't necessarily mean its better for Apple to make that product. It also doesn't necessarily mean it will make them more money. Remember, these companies do whats best for them first! That doesn't news necessarily mean its "give the people what they want.".

  3. #23
    iPhone? More like MyPhone sirbebe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    104
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    I would love to see the face of the idiot that says some one who can't afford 399 for a tablet shouldn't get one. You sound like some one that still lives at home wit mommy. If you don't, how would you feel if your child's school implemented iPads in his or hers daily routine as they have done in other states and had the option of giving her a 500 tablet or a 200 tablet. which you will be responsible for. or are you gonna send her with an iPod touch and tell her to read off that the whole day. It's never enough money wit apple.
    Black iPhone 4 32G jail-broken iOS 5.1 R.P

  4. #24
    iPhoneaholic quidam_brujah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    459
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 33 Times in 27 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    I was speaking of Apple cannibalizing there own product line by having a multitude of close ranged products. Sure, a iPad mini sure sounds great as a consumer. However, the possible consequences of releasing a smaller iPad could severely hurt and cost Apple sales in iPods and normal sized iPads. Just because people are wanting a smaller iPad doesn't necessarily mean its better for Apple to make that product. It also doesn't necessarily mean it will make them more money. Remember, these companies do whats best for them first! That doesn't news necessarily mean its "give the people what they want.".
    I didn't disagree, I added my voice to the choir.

  5. #25
    My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    602
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 21 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by sirbebe View Post
    I would love to see the face of the idiot that says some one who can't afford 399 for a tablet shouldn't get one. You sound like some one that still lives at home wit mommy. If you don't, how would you feel if your child's school implemented iPads in his or hers daily routine as they have done in other states and had the option of giving her a 500 tablet or a 200 tablet. which you will be responsible for. or are you gonna send her with an iPod touch and tell her to read off that the whole day. It's never enough money wit apple.
    LMAO, Several years ago I scarified everything I had in my life and went back to college. Why, because I was getting married and knew the day would soon come when my wife and I had children. Fast forward to today, I don't live at home, and what I paid in taxes for last year, the average household could easily live an entire year with.

    My point isn't to prove that I make more money than than the average individual. Its to say that when I couldn't afford to buy something, I didn't ***** or cry about it. And....I dam sure didn't get upset with Apple or any other manufacture for that matter because they didn't make a more affordable option of a particular product.

  6. #26
    iPhoneaholic quidam_brujah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    459
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 33 Times in 27 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by sirbebe View Post
    I would love to see the face of the idiot that says some one who can't afford 399 for a tablet shouldn't get one. You sound like some one that still lives at home wit mommy. If you don't, how would you feel if your child's school implemented iPads in his or hers daily routine as they have done in other states and had the option of giving her a 500 tablet or a 200 tablet. which you will be responsible for. or are you gonna send her with an iPod touch and tell her to read off that the whole day. It's never enough money wit apple.
    I agree that it's irresponsible to give a child something that expensive and just hope for the best. If they put them in a 'nearly indestructible case' and kept them in the classroom at the desks, I would probably be okay with it. But, yeah, I'm hoping they are smart enough to not just hand them an iPad and wish them the best.

    Indestructible iPad Case? Not to Bill Weir - ABC News
    iPad survives toss from speeding car in G-Form Extreme Edge

  7. #27
    iPhone? More like MyPhone sirbebe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    104
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    LMAO, Several years ago I scarified everything I had in my life and went back to college. Why, because I was getting married and knew the day would soon come when my wife and I had children. Fast forward to today, I don't live at home, and what I paid in taxes for last year, the average household could easily live an entire year with.

    My point isn't to prove that I make more money than than the average individual. Its to say that when I couldn't afford to buy something, I didn't ***** or cry about it. And....I dam sure didn't get upset with Apple or any other manufacture for that matter because they didn't make a more affordable option of a particular product.

    First of all I would like to say I congratulate you on your journey into becoming a man. Wit that being said that's exactly why apple won't hurt itself because of successful people like your self that work hard to play hard. you won't go go spend 300 on a subpar tablet when you can get the Ferrara for 500 don't kid your self.. To each others own and good day.
    Black iPhone 4 32G jail-broken iOS 5.1 R.P

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts