Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Nielsen: Larger Number of People Using Tablets and Smartphones while watching TV

Thanks

Default Nielsen: Larger Number of People Using Tablets and Smartphones while watching TV

A report recently released from Nielsen shows that people in the U.K. and the U.S. are enjoying multitasking by using their mobile devices while watching TV. This isnít the case everywhere though as another report from CNET shows people in countries such as Germany and Italy prefer to do one thing at a time.

The Nielsen report shows that up to 88% of U.S. tablet owners and 86% of U.S. smartphone owners tend to use their device at least once a month while watching TV. Roughly 26% use their tablet in front of the TV several times each day. The trend in the U.K. seems to mirror that of the U.S. with 80% of tablet owners and 78% of smartphone owners using their mobile device at least once a month while watching TV. Here, 24% admit to using their device while watching TV several times each day. This trend is completely opposite in both Germany and Italy where more than 30% of people said that they have never even used a tablet while watching TV.

Not surprisingly, it was discovered that when people multitask with their tablet or smartphone along with watching TV, most people tend to use their devices to check email or research information about the TV show and/or movie they are watching.

Is this something you find yourself doing often?

Source: CNET, Nielsen

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 894 Posts

I bet if they done a study of people taking a dump and using a tablet/smartphone the results would be much higher.

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    I bet if they done a study of people taking a dump and using a tablet/smartphone the results would be much higher.
    very true, also a study of people pretending toblisten to other half while using devices lol

This reply was sent while while taking a dump.

This would be 'task-switching' kthx

Thanks

So true. I'm watching TV and pooping right now. BAM

Although it would be even better if I had a TV
    in my bathroom ;p