+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Brazil-Built iPads May Soon Reach Consumers

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
If you've ever been to Brazil, you know what a remarkably beautiful and fun place the nation truly is. Now, if you're an Apple fan on top of it, Brazil
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Brazil-Built iPads May Soon Reach Consumers

If you've ever been to Brazil, you know what a remarkably beautiful and fun place the nation truly is. Now, if you're an Apple fan on top of it, Brazil is about to get a whole lot cooler from your perspective.

Published reports Thursday suggest that Apple will soon release iPads (of the second-generation variety) manufactured in Brazil. According to well placed sources quoted in the blogosphere today, the locally produced 16GB iPad 2 has already received the proper certification and is awaiting market introduction in Brazil.

Although Apple already sells the iPad 2 in Brazil, the 16GB model will be the only class of iPad 2 that remains in production once the third-generation iPad becomes available there. Beyond introduction to the Brazilian market, it remains unclear how soon it will be before Brazil-produced products are shipped elsewhere in the world.

Of course, you'll probably know a Brazilian-manufactured iPad when you see one. Brazilian-assembled iPads will supposedly carry a BR/A suffix in their on their model numbers.

Source: MacRumors

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post
    If you've ever been to Brazil, you know what a remarkably beautiful and fun place the nation truly is. Now, if you're an Apple fan on top of it, Brazil is about to get a whole lot cooler from your perspective.
    I found it to be pretty but so dangerous. I went to the Grand Prix a few years back with work and we had to have a security team to watch over us.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    I found it to be pretty but so dangerous. I went to the Grand Prix a few years back with work and we had to have a security team to watch over us.
    Dude, as any city, So Paulo has it's dangerous places and Interlagos, the region of the Grand Prix, is one of them. I was born here, trust me.

Thanks

I was in So Paulo last year. Nice place, like any other big city.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

I want a Brazilian iPad!! You know it will be WAYYY sexier than those iPads manufactured in China, gross. Dark skin, perfectly toned body, beautiful face, big.....buttons....Oh wait...what were we talking about again?
    El Zurdo

Thanks

Boa noite tudo mundo! Eu amo Brasil! Eu quero voltar! Ipads em Brasil? Shoppa-na-brasa! Basically, Brasil was dangerous, but you just need to know where not to go by yourself, what times not to go, learn Portuguese, and always hang around a lot of locals and speak in their native tongue when walking around. You should be fine. I can't wait to live there again!

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    I want a Brazilian iPad!! You know it will be WAYYY sexier than those iPads manufactured in China, gross. Dark skin, perfectly toned body, beautiful face, big.....buttons....Oh wait...what were we talking about again?
    Well, regardless of what you are talking about, I agree completely!

Thanks

BIG BUTTONS....huh? Oh, got lost in translation...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is dangerous like other big city in the world. I have never heard notice about universities killers like other countries "more safe" (sorry for my bad english)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xphodax View Post
    Dude, as any city, So Paulo has it's dangerous places and Interlagos, the region of the Grand Prix, is one of them. I was born here, trust me.
    I trust you bro... I trust you..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,734 Times in 857 Posts

Haha, that was just a great comment

Green Apple
    Thanks

for all of you guys!!! Im Brazilian Guy and Im installing some equipment over there and tell you what this facility is very nice according them much clean and very organized and no slave employees ..

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Of course, you'll probably know a Brazilian-manufactured iPad when you see one. Brazilian-assembled iPads will supposedly carry a BR/A suffix in their on their model numbers.
    Also, won't they say "Designed by Apple in California, Assembled in Brazil"

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Security problems
    Same when I go to NY and LA. Long recession and a very slow economic "recovery" made security problems worse.