Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Says New iPad Has No Battery Charging Issues

Just another case we expect more, but we got less! ?
    Or, Apple is a company like other giants though they chase perfect design, perfect products... but the reality sometime is lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro2008 View Post
    Why are so many quick to Apple's defense? An overpriced device, behind the curve with a huge profit margin. Honestly, Apple products are becoming more of crap painted in gold than actual gold.
    Dont know if you have noticed, but everyone is following apple. *shrugs* Tablets were nothing until the ipad came along. Smart phones wouldnt be what they were today if it wasnt for the iPhone.

As far as returning, that was done promptly and this year I am going to weigh my options better. More than that, if I take the app store/current purchases out of the equation, it's a no brainer that they are way behind the curve.
    If you can take the infrastructure that Apple created for its products out of the picture? WOW! If you took the android market away from google, android powered devices would be way behind the curve too. LOL. Also, I think the Xbox 360 would be dead in the water if XBL was taken away, along with taking away PSN from Sony, and the Wii would be ultimate.

How about not using a backing material without a high heat transference? Not one person testing the product noted uncomfortable heat? Furthermore, why should I have to buy additional products just to comfortably use an already expensive device?
    I dont know if you understand how devices like computers and such work, but these things that power them are called processors. They get VERY hot. You need to draw heat AWAY from the processors in order to keep performance up, and keep the devices from failing. In other words, the aluminum case is NEEDED. Just saying. The whole case thing, meh. I am buying one for protection rather then comfort. I dont want to see $500 go to the wayside cause it wasnt in a case.

I would rather not be a sheep.
    Good for you. You really are going with the other apple haters and joining the "winning" side. Ohh wait..............

Edit: What really makes me think ... why didn't Apple just use the "you're holding it wrong" excuse? Yes, it is a little tacky using it twice in two years but still. If the back of the iPad is a heatsink and you're not technically suppose to touch/hold by the heatsink, then we are all holding the device wrong. Although, there is no other place to actually hold the device so it would be more of "you're not suppose to actually hold the device." Directions: Place iPad on table. Do not touch. END
    I seriously think people like you and others that are saying it gets too hot, are in fact, holding it wrong. I had a couple hours to kill once I got my iPad and did nothing but play with it. That included 2 episodes of Knight Rider, and about 45 minutes of Samurai VS Zombies. 404:scalding hot back not found.

I had the charging issues where it would charge up to about 88%, then say 'not charging', then I would unplug and plug back in or reboot and it would continue to about 98%, then say full, then unplug and it would say 98% again... After reading their 'explanation' of letting it work its way to 100% I let it run down to about 16% then left in plug in all night. Came down this morning and its at 100% even after I unplug it. Maybe its true. Maybe I slowly tops itself off in case you leave it plugged in for a long time.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    Bigger battery = Longer time to charge?!?!????!!?!!1!1!1

That defies all knowledge and reason. The end of the World is nigh!!!
    Oh you.
    Nothing in life is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post
    Look I combat high profit margin and **** quality with simply not buying or returning things that I don't think are worth it. Crying and complaining while still keeping said device is not the best way to prove a point. I actually had an iPad 2 that I sold and bought the 3 without spending much at all and for me the high res screen was worth it, it's amazing when using remote desktop...

If I was not happy with the device I would be happy to have an extra $500 in my pocket. The battery life of an iPad is pretty damn long. Charging the damn thing once overnight lasts me 2 days minimum and about a week+ average. So even if it took 2 extra hours to fully charge the thing (which no one really tests properly to see if they get a longer batter life with different charging methods) why even worry if you can simply charge it over night once.

They are doing what they can with current tech... I'm sure once smaller processor die sizes is available the next iPad will use it and be cooler, till then if you don't like it you still have your options and you should probably use it if it bothers you so much (*you as in people complaining, no just you).
    Which is why I DID return the device. I purchased it knowing about the heat issue but considering many news outlets and Apple have been downplaying the issue, I didn't think it would be that bad. Within the first few minutes of using the device it was uncomfortable. I wasn't aware of the battery issue till the first charge about 2 days later. Sunday I returned the iPad for a full refund.

I have no problems with the battery life overall. I have a problem with Apples practices, closed sandbox, less than innovative designs (as of lately) and general mentality of "we make gold" ... which should be, from my previous comment, "we make crap painted in gold." The ONLY reason I have stuck with the iPhone is because I don't want to repurchase all my apps. Going to an iPad, it seems that a majority of the developers out there are trying to cash in with a separate iPad app. So at that point, the device was uncomfortable, poorly designed and required I repurchase apps or go with washed out/blown up iPhone apps. Yeah, absolutely no reason to keep the device other than being a sheep.

As far as current tech, it's much further along than you think. It's the business model that holds everything back. They develop technology years ahead and trickle it out to the public. In Apples case, when they have nothing innovative, they simply conjure up a gimmick, with the iPhone 4s it was Siri, an application fully capable of running on older device, however restricted to enhance Apples bottom line.

Just because everyone has one, doesn't mean it's a good thing that's happening. Don't think I fully support Google either. Even though they are able to bring newer (still not latest) technology based on their business model, it's founded on advertising and exploiting the public for data/further advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by Them3this View Post
    Whoever said Apple is "obviously behind the curve" is a moron.

EVERY SINGLE tablet outside of the iPad series was modeled on the original iPad.

How can apple be behind a curve they create.

And to those who say they are over-priced for their hardware and actual specs, across all platforms, not just iPads.... Your also just ridiculous. Yes I can make a 600$ pc that blows an iMac away spec wise, I can drop 20k under the hood of a mustang and smoke lambos and ferraris but I want the lambo/iMac/iPad they are overall just "better" products.

And if your going to bash apple products, why are you on ModMy I...
    You sir are the moron. The iPad is a tablet and not the first of it's kind. Apple is not in competition with themselves, beating out their previous versions, they are in competition with all portable smart devices, including netbooks and laptops technically. Specifically, anything with the Android OS...

Even with the iPhone, each year they are barely catching up to the competition. Most of the time, they have one or two key features they emphasize, although lately they've been gimmick features ... such as Siri. There is nothing wrong with catching up, if your business models matched. However, Apple is on a yearly term with hardware updates. Android is just an OS and with multiple manufacturers they can stream out new technology all the time. The problem is getting it to work together 100% of the time. In Apple's case, they get things to work by fudging things (100% not really being 100%) or telling you you're holding it wrong.

And as far as putting $$ into a car yet still wanting a "lambo" you are further proving you're a sheep. Essentially, you just want the name. You're the person who has to tell EVERYONE that you got a new iDevice. You're the one who never shows up to a function till you get some new toy, just to show it off. You're the person who posts on Facebook "JUST GOT AN IPHONE! WEWT!" :/

Quote Originally Posted by iFish View Post
    Dont know if you have noticed, but everyone is following apple. *shrugs* Tablets were nothing until the ipad came along. Smart phones wouldnt be what they were today if it wasnt for the iPhone.

If you can take the infrastructure that Apple created for its products out of the picture? WOW! If you took the android market away from google, android powered devices would be way behind the curve too. LOL. Also, I think the Xbox 360 would be dead in the water if XBL was taken away, along with taking away PSN from Sony, and the Wii would be ultimate.

I dont know if you understand how devices like computers and such work, but these things that power them are called processors. They get VERY hot. You need to draw heat AWAY from the processors in order to keep performance up, and keep the devices from failing. In other words, the aluminum case is NEEDED. Just saying. The whole case thing, meh. I am buying one for protection rather then comfort. I dont want to see $500 go to the wayside cause it wasnt in a case.

Good for you. You really are going with the other apple haters and joining the "winning" side. Ohh wait..............

I seriously think people like you and others that are saying it gets too hot, are in fact, holding it wrong. I had a couple hours to kill once I got my iPad and did nothing but play with it. That included 2 episodes of Knight Rider, and about 45 minutes of Samurai VS Zombies. 404:scalding hot back not found.

Haha, didn't bother reading half of what you said. It's obvious you're a sheep. I can't expect much here, this is an Apple forum technically. I've said my piece.
    Last edited by Pyro2008; 03-28-2012 at 09:41 AM.

Pyro2008...Thank you! You make so many great points. I do not have the new ipad. My GF has the ipad 2 and she didnt see a reason to "upgrade". Many points you made are exactly why I moved over to Android (go ahead and bash me). Im not saying one is better then the other. Its just better for me. Got a little bored with the Apple products and wanted something new. Also not saying Apple hasn't made some great products. It just seems lately, like Pyro said, they dont really add anything that great to their next product. Thats my opinion. And for all you that always have the same argument that Apple was first with this...they made it first..they did this..blah blah blah, thats how everything works. Someone makes something then others find ways to make another version thats better. It just seems to me Apple has been just been using their name to sell their stuff. Its like buying a t-shirt that says Nike on it. Im going to pay more for it just because of the name. But its just a shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro2008 View Post
    Haha, didn't bother reading half of what you said. It's obvious you're a sheep. I can't expect much here, this is an Apple forum technically. I've said my piece.
    Its obvious you cant be proven wrong, and dont wish to learn anything. Hell, you are butchering the english language, what more can I expect?

You going to tell me you could care less next? Cause if so, please, care less.

Quote Originally Posted by Them3this View Post
    Whoever said Apple is "obviously behind the curve" is a moron.

EVERY SINGLE tablet outside of the iPad series was modeled on the original iPad.

How can apple be behind a curve they create.

And to those who say they are over-priced for their hardware and actual specs, across all platforms, not just iPads.... Your also just ridiculous. Yes I can make a 600$ pc that blows an iMac away spec wise, I can drop 20k under the hood of a mustang and smoke lambos and ferraris but I want the lambo/iMac/iPad they are overall just "better" products.

And if your going to bash apple products, why are you on ModMy I...

Well if you think about it what's so great about apple products if you have to jailbreak it to make it great they should be great automatically with the price tag they give it. Just saying

It always amazes me the scrutiny to which Apple products are subjected. If there is any flaw or weakness it will be found and written about ad nauseam and the haters are so intent on soiling the brand that they'll even try turn a feature into a flaw!!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brentsw3 View Post
    It always amazes me the scrutiny to which Apple products are subjected. If there is any flaw or weakness it will be found and written about ad nauseam and the haters are so intent on soiling the brand that they'll even try turn a feature into a flaw!!
    I have no problem with Apple products. The problem I have is when the company behind a product downplays or denies a clear and obvious product issue or defect.

Apple is a very popular company. So they get the bad attention along with the good attention. When they release a new "revolutionary" product, they are on every major national and local news channel.....releasing fancy new commercials marveling at the device....and they're happy to welcome all of the attention and vast media coverage that comes along with such a release. But the second anything goes wrong with a product that gets covered by the media.....they're REAL quick to deny the issue, say they aren't aware of the issue, downplay it, or blame it on the user.

The only time they act is when it's apparent that the problem isn't just going to blow over.

That's why they get scrutinized so much.....because they are expected to be above everyone else and are held to a higher standard as a result. So Apple will always get a magnified version of the "bad" to go along with the "good".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12