+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Thermal Scans of Tablets May Put iPad 'Heatgate' to Rest

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 Maybe people will now stop asking me how if my new iPad gets hot! Getting old! I also thinkg it should be called ThermalGate. Or "HotterGate"
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    Maybe people will now stop asking me how if my new iPad gets hot! Getting old!

I also thinkg it should be called ThermalGate.
    Or "HotterGate"

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lukinrats View Post
    I would just like to mention this, so others can try it. when I got my "new ipad", I also noticed that it got very hot, and also noticed that the battery was draining very rapidly when I played games or watched video. Being the long time iOS user and iDevice owner that I am, I proceeded to download a fresh copy of 5.1, and then restored the ipad myself with the firmware.

The battery drains much slower and the ipad is not getting as hot. I think it will work for most anyone that will try it
    Cool!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I could care less about the heat on the components. It's about how comfortable the device is to hold ... and it is incredibly uncomfortable. I bought one this weekend and quickly returned it. I noticed the small increase in weight and the 100+ heat on my hands.

What's worse, I bought the device because we already own 2 iPhones and figured it would be easier without having to rebuy apps. Turns out, a majority of the apps out there sell separate iPad versions. The ONLY thing that held me to apple devices in the long run were apps.

Uncomfortable, awkward, seriously lacking any innovation and separate apps ... why do people bother?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^^Ditto

Just because the equipment can handle the heat does not mean the users should suffer the heat from the device. It is a tablet so it is meant to be held, when the heat gets uncomfortable that become unacceptable.
    So no heatgate is not put to rest by clouding with other facts, I don't care if the equipment can handle the heat if it breaks from heat it is under Apple's warranty but if I can't use it like I wanted that is a problem.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeastSS2 View Post
    Fgate Offgate
    He had a good pointgate. I think all the people ranting about all the people ranting the gate is a scandal. Gategate, gaterantgate? Gateception was pretty good description.

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    ^^Ditto

Just because the equipment can handle the heat does not mean the users should suffer the heat from the device. It is a tablet so it is meant to be held, when the heat gets uncomfortable that become unacceptable.
    So no heatgate is not put to rest by clouding with other facts, I don't care if the equipment can handle the heat if it breaks from heat it is under Apple's warranty but if I can't use it like I wanted that is a problem.
    It's 7 degrees warmer than iPad 2... It's by no means even close to hot. My laptop gets HOT! You can't hold it on your lap. I really don't think iPad even comes close to uncomfortable...
    Last edited by formfactor; 03-28-2012 at 05:26 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro2008 View Post
    I could care less about the heat on the components. It's about how comfortable the device is to hold ... and it is incredibly uncomfortable. I bought one this weekend and quickly returned it. I noticed the small increase in weight and the 100+ heat on my hands.

What's worse, I bought the device because we already own 2 iPhones and figured it would be easier without having to rebuy apps. Turns out, a majority of the apps out there sell separate iPad versions. The ONLY thing that held me to apple devices in the long run were apps.

Uncomfortable, awkward, seriously lacking any innovation and separate apps ... why do people bother?
    If you can care less, please care less and stop complaining. Kthnx.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12