+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The New iPad Already Accounts for Over Six Percent of iPad Traffic

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default The New iPad Already Accounts for Over Six Percent of iPad Traffic

Apple’s new iPad has been available for a week now, and already the tablet accounts for 1 and 15 (6.6%) of all iPads.

Chitka announced today that data culled from their ad-serving network over the past 24 hours shows the new iPad generates 6.6% of all iPad traffic going through the company’s servers. Obviously the iPad and iPad 2 were responsible for the remaining traffic...

As with any new product release the new iPad’s share of Chitka and presumably other ad-serving networks, is increasing. Although, the figures could be slightly skewed because of new device owners’ propensity to use their new toys until passing out. But, the number should continue to steadily grow as Apple adds to the 3 million units sold during the opening weekend. Today marked the launch of the iPad in 25 more markets including Australia, Spain, Poland, Finland, and the Netherlands.

The new iPad is currently available in 35 countries which means Apple has about 160 more countries to go until the iPads become self-aware and take over the world.

Source: Chitka [via PC World]

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Its a new toy. NO **** people are going to play with it more than usual. My god, this site and Apple News in general is getting so damn stupid these days.

Thanks
    Troll much

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Samandrew View Post
    Troll much
    His statement isn't totally incorrect.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
    Its a new toy. NO **** people are going to play with it more than usual. My god, this site and Apple News in general is getting so damn stupid these days.
    Actually it's the same toy......just with a sexier screen and apparently MORE problems. Sure would like to see a return rate on this device.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I wouldn't be that critical, but one does have to question stats coming from an advertising firm.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

These numbers are actually shockingly low to me. "Already accounts for 6%"... how many people dropped their old iPads for the new one, or are at least using the new one more than they are the old one? Everyone I know, with the exception of one person, who bought the new iPad already had one.

Sorry you had a bad day.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone? More like MyPhone Agent929's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Samandrew View Post
    Troll much
    Your trolling yourself by saying that.

I think every new device try came out with so far had problems at first, but they seem to correct it with iOS updates.
    War is my mission. Killing is my ambition.