+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Confirmed to be released on the iPad

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    Thanks

Default Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Confirmed to be released on the iPad

If you are an old-school RPG fan, than you are probably already aware that an enhanced edition of Baldur’s Gate was announced earlier this month by developers Overhaul Games. There seems to be even better news for those of you who are RPG fans and iPad owners as the developers announced that the enhanced version is also set to release on the iPad. The game will be out on Apple’s tablet at the same time as its PC release. Furthermore, it will even include all of the updates and new content found on the PC platform as well.

The game is set to include full integration of the Tales of the Sword Coast expansion pack along with all the improvements and additions found in the PC version. The title is confirmed to be running on the refined Baldur’s Gate II Infinity Engine, giving gamers the opportunity to experience the "original adventure with the sequel’s refined graphics options and other engine tweaks."

Overhaul also promised that the enhanced edition of the game will be featuring brand-new story driven content including more quests and a new party member. Although the finer details of what is going to be offered is still a secret, the company has promised that the additional story content will make its way onto the iPad along with intuitive touch-friendly menus and buttons in the interface to make the game an enjoyable one on a tablet.

For those of you who are already eager to play the game, unfortunately you’ll have to wait until this summer for its release.

Source: IGN

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is it just me or does the creature in the pic look exactly like Emperor Zurg from Toy Story?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Lol...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I think this is pretty cool news. I loved the BG games (maybe they'll do IceWind Dale next!) and would like to try them out on my iPad. I think it could work very well with the touch screen unlike shooter style games.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

- ONLY for the iPad? Or for all iOS devices?

I'd LOVE to play this on my iPhone 4S.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GooseG's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jackdawak View Post
    Is it just me or does the creature in the pic look exactly like Emperor Zurg from Toy Story?
    It is kinda similar in the large picture. It looks exactly like him in the thumbnail for sure.

iPhone? More like MyPhone realtimedeath's Avatar
    Thanks

After reading the Salvatore series of the dark elf Drizzt. The forgotten realms universe is one of my favorite places to visit.I can't wait for this to drop.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by realtimedeath View Post
    After reading the Salvatore series of the dark elf Drizzt. The forgotten realms universe is one of my favorite places to visit.I can't wait for this to drop.
    In case you guys don't know, you can ALREADY play it on all iOS devices, together with Icewind Dale I & II, and Planescape Torment, using GemRb, provided you're jailbroken.

Thanks to the great work by SyntaxError, the debugging by the users community, and the easy tutorial. Check it out on

iOS port of GemRB (iPad/iPhone) - The Gibberlings Three Forums