+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iOS iPhoto Reaches 1 Million Users in Ten Days

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Apple introduced iPhoto for the iPhone and iPad alongside the new iPad earlier this month, and the app has already reached 1 million users in the ten days since its
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple's iOS iPhoto Reaches 1 Million Users in Ten Days

Apple introduced iPhoto for the iPhone and iPad alongside the new iPad earlier this month, and the app has already reached 1 million users in the ten days since its release.

According to The Loop Apple isn’t counting downloads, but only unique users in their official numbers. The number of downloads could actually be considerably higher users download the app on multiple devices.

iPhoto for iOS is one the most powerful photo-editing applications available for both the iPad and iPhone. We’ve already detailed its capabilities before. Hands-on the app provides an extremely easy and user-friendly editing atmosphere for novices and prosumers. Users looking for compositing capabilities should look elsewhere, mainly Adobe’s crazy-capable Photoshop Touch. Sadly Photoshop Touch is limited to images with a resolution of 1,600 x 1,600, kind of a deal breaker for serious photo editors. Apple’s iPhoto can handle images up to 19 megapixels, and looking at all that on the new iPad’s Retina Display is a dream.

Apps like Snapseed provide more filter options and Photoshop Touch does compositing, but Apple entering the market will hopefully increase competition in the mobile photo editing marketplace.

Source: The Loop

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So far I'm liking iPhoto

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alan9234 View Post
    So far I'm liking iPhoto
    Me too

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Is iPhoto just like Photogene? It would be cool to get iPhoto but I'm not upgrading to 5.1 or doing any mod to get it on my iPod.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by teej1410 View Post
    Is iPhoto just like Photogene? It would be cool to get iPhoto but I'm not upgrading to 5.1 or doing any mod to get it on my iPod.
    Never used photogene. I only have it on the iPad because it came with the new software. I don't have it on my 4S because I don't want to loose the jailbreak. I know there's a tweak to put it on my iPhone, but editing is a lot easier on an iPad

Banned
    Thanks

Wow..Thats truly a great achievement for Apple. Me also a user and like it. Wishing best for apple's photo editing market.

Thanks
    Apple's product is always creative than others!