+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Windows 8 Tablets May Challenge New iPad in Early Fall

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Less than one week after Apple launched its third-generation tablet to some three million opening weekend sales, it can't possibly seem like an inviting time to be a competitor in
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Windows 8 Tablets May Challenge New iPad in Early Fall

Less than one week after Apple launched its third-generation tablet to some three million opening weekend sales, it can't possibly seem like an inviting time to be a competitor in the tablet marketplace. Fortunately for Microsoft, plenty of time remains for the new iPad to cool off before the software giant unleashes its forthcoming tablets this fall.

According to the rumor mill Wednesday, Microsoft will release its new Windows 8 tablets in September or October. Digitimes says today that Samsung Electronics, Sony, Toshiba, Lenovo, Acer and Asustek will all launch Windows 8 on ARM (WoA) tablet PCs within the next twelve months, with some of those offerings likely to turn up much sooner.

"In line with Microsoft's release of Windows 8 in September-October," Digitimes says, "first-tier vendors including Hewlett-Packard, Dell, Lenovo, Acer and Asustek Computer are developing x86-based tablets for launch in October, according to Taiwan-based supply chain makers."

The rumor-friendly report once again claims that Apple will probably launch another 9.7-inch iPad in October in a move that could undercut the Windows 8 tablets coming into the market at that time. Then again, a lot of things can happen - and a lot of rumors can change - between now and this fall.

Source: Digitimes

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Very excited. Can't wait to see how the software takes advantage of the hardware.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Wow! Again.... "apple might release a new iPad in October" I'm sick of hearing the possibility that apple might release 2 iPads in 1 year. It just won't happen!! Doesn't make sense at all!
    Still I'm excited for the windows tablets. Hopefully they will keep competition going.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Apple catching on supply already shows that it already has cooled down, which does not look good actually.
    3 million figure is world wide sales, I wonder how the numbers stacks up with U.S. only sales...
    Anyways I am ready for something different.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by endwaro View Post
    Wow! Again.... "apple might release a new iPad in October" I'm sick of hearing the possibility that apple might release 2 iPads in 1 year. It just won't happen!! Doesn't make sense at all!
    Still I'm excited for the windows tablets. Hopefully they will keep competition going.
    Amen!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by charliebee View Post
    Amen!
    Yeah, competition breeds excellence.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Slim J's Avatar
    Thanks

It possibly has a chance I say. I currently run Windows 8 Consumer Preview and it seems promising for Windows tablets to compete with the iPad.

Green Apple
    Thanks

dual boot win8 and ios? OH LAWDD

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I know this is MMI and there will be hate, but windows 8 is actually quite nice, with the iPad being its direct competitor and the amount of time they waited to release the final product, this could finally add competition to the tablet market so apple will be forced to bring revolutionary upgrades with every generation.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'll start respecting Windows and Android when they raise the bar.. Not wait till Apple releases there product, and then copy/improve what Apple makes.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alan9234 View Post
    I'll start respecting Windows and Android when they raise the bar.. Not wait till Apple releases there product, and then copy/improve what Apple makes.
    Lol, that's pretty much what Apple does. Except they go around and sue the competitors for violating patents that Apple shouldn't even have.

iPhone? More like MyPhone xxhorseriderxxx's Avatar
    Thanks

I won't even consider a W8 tablet unless it has an open bootloader and intel/ATI hardware .

Thanks

If these companies where smart they would hire some of the top JailBreak Devs and have them build them a tablet that would actually compete against the ipad

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigliquid530 View Post
    If these companies where smart they would hire some of the top JailBreak Devs and have them build them a tablet that would actually compete against the ipad
    I agree. Or apple should hire them so we don't have to jailbreak our devices.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Venom1234's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm sick of essany's pointless ******* rumor posts...seriously dude **** off.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Cool. That should bring down the price of iOS products.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by svolam View Post
    Cool. That should bring down the price of iOS products.
    That definitely won't happen. I also don't believe and rumors on upcoming products.. They always change

Banned
    Thanks

I would prefer for a x64 tablet but a x86 one will still be heaps better than any iPad. I cant wait! Thats the next tablet I get.
    F! Apple and their bullsh!t and the need for jailbreaking. A W8 tablet will kick butt.
    Last edited by NakedFaerie; 03-21-2012 at 11:42 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I'm actually excited about a Win8 tablet. Might pick one up myself. I'm a bit concerned about apps though, I'm a bit attached to my iOS and the app store.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bstunt10190 View Post
    dual boot win8 and ios? OH LAWDD
    I like the way you think.