Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Windows 8 Tablets May Challenge New iPad in Early Fall

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by babyblue_pimp View Post
    I know this is MMI and there will be hate, but windows 8 is actually quite nice, with the iPad being its direct competitor and the amount of time they waited to release the final product, this could finally add competition to the tablet market so apple will be forced to bring revolutionary upgrades with every generation.
    No hate here. Got the new iPad Friday, my first one, and it's a disappointment. Turns out I'm a keyboard-mouse-real browser guy. So if the W8 tablet ran Firefox and W7 programs with good screen resolution I'm in for one.

I bought a HP Touchpad during the firesale and I really enjoy its multitasking and WebOS. However, what it will boil down to for the Win8 tablet (like other brands) is the hardware and implementation of an app store. I haven't seen the specs but I enjoy windows

Well, first of all letīs face it: Apple leads the market, by far it does.
    I see (if this is true) a VERY strong product coming. And yes, I guess Intel and ATI would like to be there too.
    So now we got 2 VERY strong products.
    I guess the final battle will be the same as it is today: The interface.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GooseG's Avatar
    Thanks

Windows 8 is a nice OS (Mac is better), and having it on a tablet would be nice. Depending on the specs they could put in there it could be a real treat. If its any lower then 2 ghz and a good g card and at least 2 gigs of ram I don't see it as any good.

iPhone? More like MyPhone johnr9412's Avatar
    Thanks

You know, I'd buy one. I only see one big problem coming from these tablets. The same problem that's been plaguing android devices since the beginning of them becoming mainstream: Fragmentation! Too many makers of tablets are coming out. And please Microsoft, keep the control of the OS in your hands!!! I love windows 8 and will absolutely buy one of these, I just don't want to see the market get too split up.
    my SPOON is too big

Quote Originally Posted by bigliquid530 View Post
    If these companies where smart they would hire some of the top JailBreak Devs and have them build them a tablet that would actually compete against the ipad
    There's a big difference between a JB dev and a HW dev, and a UI dev, and an OS dev. Just talking UI and, no offense to saurik considering all the work he's put in (and he's also making some good coin off it), but the Cydia app UI was crap and the most recent iteration is a little better. He acquired Rock Your Phone, which had a far superior UI, but what's happened with UI development since then?

So, no: you're dreaming if you think you can take a bunch of JB devs and have them come up with something that beats Apple. Not hating here -- I love my JB and I spend as much as the next guy in the Cydia store -- but I'm not going to delude myself into thinking that they can create something that addresses all of the iPad/iOS shortcomings.

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    No hate here. Got the new iPad Friday, my first one, and it's a disappointment. Turns out I'm a keyboard-mouse-real browser guy. So if the W8 tablet ran Firefox and W7 programs with good screen resolution I'm in for one.
    And since I need something that integrates with all the other Apple stuff I have, I'm sticking with the iPad: MS never knew how to make something that works well with Apple stuff (Office still is the buggiest app on my Mac). Gotta go with what works for you.
    Last edited by quidam_brujah; 03-22-2012 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SsputniikK View Post
    Well, first of all letīs face it: Apple leads the market, by far it does.
    I see (if this is true) a VERY strong product coming. And yes, I guess Intel and ATI would like to be there too.
    So now we got 2 VERY strong products.
    I guess the final battle will be the same as it is today: The interface.
    I should start this by openly admitting that I am not an Apple fan, but I am open minded and I prefer everybody to win. Lucky for Windows their Metro interface has been very well received and it is quite intuitive. Even though Apple leads the tablet market currently you can't run a full desktop application with the iPad, which is great if you are just browsing the web or checking email, but they aren't the most productive machines. What Windows is doing putting their whole desktop OS on a tablet is brilliant and I hope that it crushes the iPad so that Apple will actually bring new features to the damn thing. The Windows 8 tablets are more in line with what I would like in a tablet, a full experience, not watered down apps/browser. I'm sure that Apple will rebound, but they won't do it with a stupid personal assistant app, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by johnr9412 View Post
    You know, I'd buy one. I only see one big problem coming from these tablets. The same problem that's been plaguing android devices since the beginning of them becoming mainstream: Fragmentation! Too many makers of tablets are coming out. And please Microsoft, keep the control of the OS in your hands!!! I love windows 8 and will absolutely buy one of these, I just don't want to see the market get too split up.
    MS has hardware specs that all manufacturers must follow for the tablets, in an attempt to avoid fragmentation.
    Last edited by BIMPtacular; 03-22-2012 at 09:14 AM.

I have had Windows 8 since about January and I have been so excited for the announce of the tablets. I want to get one soooo bad. Windows 8 is awesome.

Talking Duh!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    I would prefer for a x64 tablet but a x86 one will still be heaps better than any iPad. I cant wait! Thats the next tablet I get.
    F! Apple and their bullsh!t and the need for jailbreaking. A W8 tablet will kick butt.
    lol for starters Win8 tablet is for the ARM platform not the x86 nor the x64... second microsoft wouldn't know innovation if it bit it on it's corporate butt! So I really hope you get one because as for knowledge of tablets you certainly don't get it!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12