+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WSJ: iPad 4G LTE is a 'Speed Trap'

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Well using wifi is all well and good when you are at home or somewhere that offers it. I on the other hand am not in that situation. I'm an
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well using wifi is all well and good when you are at home or somewhere that offers it. I on the other hand am not in that situation. I'm an over the road truck driver and I'm only home a few days a month. I eat through my 3GB before I get throttled just a few days into the bill cycle. I don't always have the luxury of wifi. I got to have something to keep me entertained. I won't lie I watch Netflix a lot and Skype with my wife often. I'm out here making sure the goods you buy when you go shopping is there when you need/want it and I'm being punished because I don't have access to wifi all the time. I think the cap to be throttled should be something like 10GB cause I rarely even with Netflix and Skype hit that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you want the truth...here it is. At&t does not care about their customers. At&t cares about taking their customers money.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MBISTYD View Post
    If you want the truth...here it is. At&t does not care about their customers. At&t cares about taking their customers money.
    You got that right.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

AT&T Unlimited Data Plans FS eBay

i'm some what confused after reading this on ebay. but some folks are selling there unlimited data plans? i thought grandfathered unlimited data plans were gonna get throttled down when they exceed 3GB?

take a look at these links..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisDH View Post
    Actually, AT&T dropped the ball long before the iPhone. I had a PDA plan on a WM device (with unlimited data) for at a year prior to the iPhone's release. Many of at&t's non-touchscreen PDA/smartphones were already cheap (Samsung BJ1 was under 200 on contract in late 2006!), but the iPhone only tipped the scales a bit more towards touchscreen devices. Now requiring said plan was probably a bigger mistake IMHO, since that certainly gave people a false sense of entitlement with the nature of the word 'unlimited.'

Mobile data use was already expected to skyrocket before the first iPhone debuted, just due to smartphones, Blackberry, feature phones with video streaming, and Laptop tethering/USB sticks started becoming commonplace.

That said, I wasn't shocked that unlimited plans are being punished. Just pray AT&T doesn't kill your entire plan out of the blue like they did with old ATTWS mMode or Dobson customers (under the guise of migrating customers to newer, cheap devices).
    Wm ui was a clunk of ****. As was Symbian, and anything else. Those devices were downloading text, and tiny graphics. What apple did was spearheaded the development of the mobile ui... Then android, and mobile web standards like html5. It brought broadband hungry mobile interfaces to the masses.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123