+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New iPad Prompts Complaints of Weak Wi-Fi Reception

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Me neither... Doing extensive gameplay and online playing internet radio without issues...!!
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Me neither... Doing extensive gameplay and online playing internet radio without issues...!!

Thanks

This whole "I'm not having this/these issues so you all must be lying" routine is getting old. I notice my new iPad gets warmer than my previous one, and the battery drains a tad quicker as well. I also know there's more going on under the hood and with the new screen, so I have no complaints. No wifi issues so far. That said, I'm not going to discount other people's concerns simply because I'm not having them.

I hope some of you are as defensive of your families and loved ones as you seem to be of these multi-billion-dollar corporations.
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoV View Post
    This whole "I'm not having this/these issues so you all must be lying" routine is getting old. I notice my new iPad gets warmer than my previous one, and the battery drains a tad quicker as well. I also know there's more going on under the hood and with the new screen, so I have no complaints. No wifi issues so far. That said, I'm not going to discount other people's concerns simply because I'm not having them.

I hope some of you are as defensive of your families and loved ones as you seem to be of these multi-billion-dollar corporations.
    With this new iPad, I don't have any overheating or wifi problems. My iPad 2, I had that light leak issue. My AT&T iPhone 4 was terrible.. Had to switch to Verizon's version iPhone within 3 months- problem fixed. I have the 4S with sprint now and no issues at all.. And same with this new iPad.. If I had to complain about something on this iPad it would be the speaker. I wish it was louder. I think the speaker on the 4S is better. And I don't care for the rear camera. No one in their right mind will use a tablet to take pictures. They should have upgraded the front camera for FaceTime and Skype.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alan9234 View Post
    With this new iPad, I don't have any overheating or wifi problems. My iPad 2, I had that light leak issue. My AT&T iPhone 4 was terrible.. Had to switch to Verizon's version iPhone within 3 months- problem fixed. I have the 4S with sprint now and no issues at all.. And same with this new iPad.. If I had to complain about something on this iPad it would be the speaker. I wish it was louder. I think the speaker on the 4S is better. And I don't care for the rear camera. No one in their right mind will use a tablet to take pictures. They should have upgraded the front camera for FaceTime and Skype.
    I have no issues with speaker volume - just that it's still facing the back. And yes, Apple completely focused on the wrong camera, IMO. Upgrade the back one, sure. But the Facetime camera should've been redone first.
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoV View Post
    I have no issues with speaker volume - just that it's still facing the back. And yes, Apple completely focused on the wrong camera, IMO. Upgrade the back one, sure. But the Facetime camera should've been redone first.
    Not saying the speaker is terrible, but has room for improvement. If these were things people b*tched about, then I can understand. I've been on disability leave from work and bored out of my mind. I've been on my iPad all day and there is absolutely no heating issues at all. I really don't play many games on it. Just web surfing and what not.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper488 View Post
    My only complaint is it seems battery life gets sucked down pretty quick.

Any one else notice quick battery consumption???
    I was thinking the same thing...this is my fist iPad so I'm not sure how the others were.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lilljav View Post
    I was thinking the same thing...this is my fist iPad so I'm not sure how the others were.
    Are you guys shutting down the running apps.. Double click the home button. The dock will raise up. Hold an icon. Press the red minus. That'll shut down running apps.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alan9234 View Post
    Are you guys shutting down the running apps.. Double click the home button. The dock will raise up. Hold an icon. Press the red minus. That'll shut down running apps.
    Hmm I do always have a lot of apps running..cant wait for the jailbreak.

One thing I have notice..it takes forever to charge. I went to sleep around 12 and left it charging and when I woke up around 8 it still wasn't fully charged. Has anyone else notice this?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Mr. Russian's Avatar
    Thanks

One thing I have notice..it takes forever to charge. I went to sleep around 12 and left it charging and when I woke up around 8 it still wasn't fully charged. Has anyone else notice this?
    That's because the battery is very big and also it takes about 6.5 hours to charge by my calculations (1% every four minutes)
    CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME THEME
    Windows Vista
    Follow me on Twitter - Mr_Russ1an

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes if you use the an iPhone charger, it'll take a lifetime to charge (or at least feel that way)
    Use the charger that came with the iPad and it charges much quicker

iPhone? More like MyPhone RoloDiva13's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper488 View Post
    My only complaint is it seems battery life gets sucked down pretty quick.

Any one else notice quick battery consumption???
    Are you sporting the 4G model? I hardly ever charged my (wi-fi only) iPad 2 but the new one with LTE is getting charged after only a couple days of use. If it has the same battery life as the previous model I thought I shouldn't notice a difference

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12