+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's New iPad Shipping Times Improve to 1-2 Weeks

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple's New iPad Shipping Times Improve to 1-2 Weeks

All models of the new iPad are now advertised to ship in one to two weeks from Apple’s U.S. store – an improvement from before when shipping times were listed as two to three weeks.

The shipping times originally slipped to two to three weeks a week ago, five days before the new iPad was set to go on sale. Preorders of the launch-day supply sold out less than two days after the new iPad was announced. The availability of the previous-generation 16 GB iPad 2 remains with an estimated shipping time of one to three business days with the exception of the Verizon 3G model, which seems to be advertised as “in-stock” for more immediate shipment.

The improved shipping times for the new iPad is a sign that Apple seems to be better prepared to meet demand when compared to last year with the launch of the iPad 2.The launch of the iPad 2 left Apple unable to keep up with the overwhelming demand and estimated shipping times at one point slipped to as long as five weeks. The Cupertino California company has managed to improve shipping times for the new iPad even as the company faces record demand for its third-generation tablet. It was just recently announced that Apple sold more than 3 million of the new iPad over the device’s three-day launch weekend. The launch sales of the iPad 2 weren’t even announced in 2011 as Apple struggled to meet demands.

Having improved availability in the U.S. is also a good sign for those abroad as Apple gears up to launch the new iPad in 24 new countries this Friday (March 23). Customers will be able to purchase the new iPad in Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macau, Mexico, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden.

Source: Apple

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

I called Apple Canada and asked if they had any ipads in stock. They told me they never were sold out...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

It seems like all the Walmart and Best Buy stores around here have sold out of the 32GB Wifi-only model. I don't know if it's just more popular than the others or Apple didn't make as many, but it's the one I want and can't find..

iPhone? More like MyPhone GranDaddyPurp's Avatar
    Thanks

I ordered mine last night for pickup and just got the email saying its ready. The Apple Store in Roosevelt Field (New York) has all of them in stock (I called them about 3min ago from this post).

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Apple's New iPad Shipping Times Improve to 1-2 Weeks-screen-shot-2012-03-21-10.37.09-am.png  
    Last edited by GranDaddyPurp; 03-21-2012 at 08:39 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Why wait on Apple? Order yours at B&H or MacMall or JR over the phone. No tax and free shipping. Ordered mine at B&H last Friday and received it yesterday.

Unless your specific model is out of stock at the above stores, then you'll have to wait on Apple.