+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Eventbrited Debuts pay "At The Door" iPad Card Reader and App For Events

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Square and PayPal both have mobile payment solutions for retailers, but what about those hosting events? Enter Eventbrite’s free “At The Door” app and $10 card reader (they're handing out
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Eventbrited Debuts "Pay At The Door" iPad Card Reader and App For Events

Square and PayPal both have mobile payment solutions for retailers, but what about those hosting events?

Enter Eventbrite’s free “At The Door” app and $10 card reader (they're handing out $10 credits to reimburse purchases like Square). The card reader and accompanying app intend to be a self-service ticketing platform for events “of all sizes.” The app is only available for the iPad, but with the accompanying reader those throwing events essentially have a mobile box office solution. The app can even wirelessly print tickets and receipts with the Star TSP143 printer.

The card reader connects to the iPad’s 30-pin connector and Eventbrite claims this eliminates the need for multiple swipes, which plague Square users. Eventbrite waves the popular “service charges”, you know the $3 Ticket Master charges you for emailing your ticket. Also, the flat 3% credit processing fee isn’t bad, but it is more than Square or PayPal.

At The Door operates like any other mobile payment option, with the additional capabilities of adding X amount of Eventbrite tickets to the devices inventory including VIP packages. It appears to be a logical solution for independent event runners.

However, I’m still a little confused why there isn’t a ticket scanner included in the app via the iPad’s camera. I just want the "service charges" to end. I'll never understand why it should cost me money to save Ticket Master and other ticket sellers money by not printing out a physical ticket. Someone explain all this to me please...

Source: Eventbrite [via Engadget]

Thanks

Word... Your local "House Party" will never be the SAME...
    Who's in VIP?
    Last edited by Greatbiguns; 03-21-2012 at 12:18 PM.