+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Consumer Reports: New iPad Reaches 116 Degrees During Gameplay

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by steve-z17 I've read more about this, it's just stupid! People are actually calling it heatgate...which is the dumbest thing ever! Our body temperature is hotter than what
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    I've read more about this, it's just stupid! People are actually calling it heatgate...which is the dumbest thing ever! Our body temperature is hotter than what the iPad is getting up to! And it's not even happening to everyone, just some people when they're doing a lot of downloading. All devices do this. Just tuck it under your bed sheets and have it keep you warm at night.
    ermm the last time i checked if the human body was at 116F we'd be dead.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Agent929 View Post
    It's probably because of the processor. Processors of that degree can get very hot. I don't think it's anything to be concerned over.
    Its the same processor as the Ipad 2, it has nothing to do with the CPU, its the quad core GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    I've read more about this, it's just stupid! People are actually calling it heatgate...which is the dumbest thing ever! Our body temperature is hotter than what the iPad is getting up to! And it's not even happening to everyone, just some people when they're doing a lot of downloading. All devices do this. Just tuck it under your bed sheets and have it keep you warm at night.
    116 farenheit = 46.6 celciius = you would be dead at this temp. No amount of downloading would ever cause the ipad to heat up like this, the only difference this round is the quad core gpu, which is not a cpu and is not part of it. Gaming on the Ipad 3 after a few minutes is enough to crank up the heat alone, the more graphically intensive app or game means the gpu has to work harder, which means it heats up more.
    Last edited by bry2k2; 03-20-2012 at 09:39 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me korbyn8495's Avatar
    Thanks

I have the same problem with mine, but it's not near 113 or 116 degrees. It's interesting that others are experiencing more extreme cases.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post
    Its the same processor as the Ipad 2, it has nothing to do with the CPU, its the quad core GPU.

116 farenheit = 46.6 celciius = you would be dead at this temp. No amount of downloading would ever cause the ipad to heat up like this, the only difference this round is the quad core gpu, which is not a cpu and is not part of it. Gaming on the Ipad 3 after a few minutes is enough to crank up the heat alone, the more graphically intensive app or game means the gpu has to work harder, which means it heats up more.
    Totally Agree
    And people, seriously, stop being trolls about it just for the heck of it. It's simple, don't like, don't buy it!! But don't troll about it!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Here come the class action lawsuits you americans love...oh america why you sooo funny.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    You mean a better heat distributor than a huge aluminum heatsink?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany;
    "The hottest areas weren't evenly distributed throughout the iPad's back, but were concentrated near one corner of the display," the report reads.
    Quote Originally Posted by dennder;
    though, if the information in the article is correct, iPad's really need a better heat distribution.
    READ BEFORE YOU POST, rkswat.
    PRAETORIANNI NONNUMQUAM IN PROELIO NUMQUAM IN BELLO SUPERANTUR

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aumz View Post
    Here come the class action lawsuits you americans love...oh america why you sooo funny.
    How dare you.....Now I am suing you lol

Thanks

I noticed that the new iPad 4g got hot and doesn't charge during game play. Love the screen and can see the speed on wifi and 4G but not charging while I use my iPad isn't cool and it is hot on the left side in portrait mode.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I don't care if its built to withstand that temperature, your hands aren't. This is America, expect lawsuits.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Doesn't sound like a big deal to me. Just sounds like its time for someone to come up with a case with a built in fan. Laptops all have a fan along with other accessories you can buy to keep it cool. Xbox, playstation, every company that had any kind of electronic that powerful has needed to eventually invest in a fan of some sort.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Mr. Russian's Avatar
    Thanks

Computers get even hotter than the iPad even if the computer had a fan...
    CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME THEME
    Windows Vista
    Follow me on Twitter - Mr_Russ1an

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My iphone 4s battery doesnt last long enough to find out how hot my phone can get!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Agent929's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post

Is it not the A5X processor? The iPad 2 doesn't have that.
    War is my mission. Killing is my ambition.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12