+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Customers Have Hard Time Discerning Between iPad 2 and the New iPad

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I don't know man.. Retina sticks out like crazy to me. I couldn't go without..
    Thanks

I don't know man.. Retina sticks out like crazy to me. I couldn't go without..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Not all that surprising. I'm honestly underwhelmed with the new iPad. Suppose that's what you get for being an early adopter. Not to say the screen isn't nice in certain situations, but it's not as big of a difference coming from the iPad 2. Also nowhere near as big of a change compared to the 3GS to iPhone 4. That was noticeable right away!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Of course when looking at the home screen and mostly text elements it is going to be hard to distinguish.... straight lines do not display the capabilities of a display very well, since pixels are stacked anyways. if they would have shown an actual high resolution photograph, or something a bit more varied, the difference would be very apparent. Just last night I showed someone the new ipad against the old ipad when showing the Wallpaper photos, and they were blown away, immediately identifying the new ipad as better.

But like a previous poster suggested, moving from the iphone 3gs to the 4 was incredibly apparent, but the ipad not quite so much. I think this is because the 1024x768 screen already had quite a lot of pixels in comparison to the 480x320 iphone 3gs.

so ipad 2 vs ipad "3"... if you just want an ipad, and don't plan on editing any photos or camera work, get a refurb ipad 2 for 350 and save yourself some money. If you like crisper photos and better camera, get the new ipad.

Also one more thought... facebook pictures actually look HORRIBLE on the new ipad because the screen is so clear that you can now see the imperfections in facebook's compression algorithm for images.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i think most of the people surveyed did'nt giva **** cos they were payin more attention at the girls bbs ha ha...
    Last edited by i.Annie; 03-20-2012 at 03:47 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trek-life View Post
    Why? He didn't say he hated it, he just said what would happen.
    Living in a place where an iPad in use would get jacked seems miserable to me. If that's his thing, by all means, keep living the dream sir!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just don't get it. The new display is soooooooooop much better. These are the same people that don't think an HDTV is worth getting and still have their 100lb CRT TV and VCR.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I got the new Ipad on Friday and did not tell my 16 year old son. He was playing games on it this weekend and never knew that it was the new Ipad!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I haven't seen the new iPad yet. I want to see for myself before believing this survey thing. Besides, isn't there a speed difference between the two devices?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    Not at all actually, I have perfect 20/20 vision and have both the iPad 2 & the new Ipad.... there is hardly a difference visually, mainly the differences in performance and my "New iPad" gets warm very quickly.

To be honest, I'm actually thinking about sticking with my iPad 2
    I have both too and you are crazy if you think there isn't much of a difference in the screen.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tabit View Post
    I got the new Ipad on Friday and did not tell my 16 year old son. He was playing games on it this weekend and never knew that it was the new Ipad!
    Probably because most of the apps hadn't been updated to take advantage of the new display.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

To be honest, I don't notice a huge difference at normal distance either. It's obvious close up, but not a giant difference.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Go Gators's Avatar
    Thanks

It's funny, all of the people saying we're crazy and have bad eye sight for not seeing the big difference in screens are just trying to justify spending another $500-$800 on another iPad when they already own a perfectly working iPad 2. People will justify spending money on anything if they want it bad enough.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,184 Times in 6,970 Posts

Not a huge difference having them side by side now. It is noticeable, but not by much. Looks cleaner.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Apparently a lot of people have crappy eyesight lol
    mod edit: read forum rules regarding insulting other members why is it apparent that they have bad eyes? retina is a gimmick and some people see it for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    Not at all actually, I have perfect 20/20 vision and have both the iPad 2 & the new Ipad.... there is hardly a difference visually, mainly the differences in performance and my "New iPad" gets warm very quickly.

To be honest, I'm actually thinking about sticking with my iPad 2
    why did you even buy it? are you one of those "gotta have it first types"?
    Last edited by Simon; 03-20-2012 at 05:11 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    mod edit: read forum rules regarding insulting other members why is it apparent that they have bad eyes? retina is a gimmick and some people see it for what it is.
    It was a joke...
    As you can see from my posts after that there isnt a big difference between the two, but there is a difference. But I can certainly see how people in that situation could not tell the difference.

Thanks

I'm one of these people (not literally) I bought an iPad 2 & personally I don't see the point in the screen, if I were buying a new one the. Yeah I may go for the 399 model or just buy another iPad 2 for 329, as the screen doesnt do it for me, the iPad 2 screen looks lovely & works perfectly fine.

Only problem I see with the new iPad is app sizes increasing dramatically so 16GBs won't be enough anymore.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    His post was edited, that isnt what he originally posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Maybe you should move out of the slums.
    Quote Originally Posted by kadarrius View Post
    mod edit: do not insult others or use derogatory terms
    First, my post was NOT edited. Second, I live in the Bronx new York city and I am more than happy to live here. Third my post was NOT derogatory or insulting. Stop being so soft!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    First, my post was NOT edited. Second, I live in the Bronx new York city and I am more than happy to live here. Third my post was NOT derogatory or insulting. Stop being so soft!
    Nobody said your post was edited or derogatory. The post kadarrius made in response to your post was.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Some people just don't know any better. How many of you tech guys have gone to a relatives house and they had an HDTV hooked up incorrectly and were happily watching SDTV thinking it was HDTV and didn't know any better? I bet when you saw that blurry **** you noticed it immediately.

Same premise.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PM5K View Post
    Some people just don't know any better. How many of you tech guys have gone to a relatives house and they had an HDTV hooked up incorrectly and were happily watching SDTV thinking it was HDTV and didn't know any better? I bet when you saw that blurry **** you noticed it immediately.

Same premise.
    What's worse is they stretch the 4:3 picture to fit the 16:9 screen! OMG that drives me insane! And they sit there talking about how great their tv looks. I don't say nutten cuz it's not my house but sometimes I'll say something like why does everyone look so fat? But their reply is "I don't see anything wrong with it." then I just shut up cuz it'll take forever to explain/convince them that they're doing it wrong.