+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Older Apple Digital AV Adapter Not Optimized for New iPad

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    Thanks

Default Older Apple Digital AV Adapter Not Optimized for New iPad

A new report from Japan’s MacOtakara notes that those of you who attempt to use an old Apple Digital AV Adapter with the new iPad will be disappointed. The result of the attempt will lead you to find an alert that states that the product is “not optimized” for the device, although the accessory still works once the alert is dismissed.

The warning only appears in the older version of the product (part number MC953ZM/A). Every time users connect the adapter to the third-generation iPad, you will get a message that displays the following message: “This accessory is not optimized for this iPad.”

The Cupertino California company is selling a new version of the adapter, part number MD098ZM/A, which IS compatible with the new iPad. Aside from the fact that the new version of the product supports the new iPad, it isn’t exactly clear what changes there are to the adapter itself as of yet.

It had been noted that tapping the “Dismiss” button would allow the older adapter to be used but users will see the alert each time they connect the part. The original $39 Digital AV Adapter was released alongside the iPad 2 last year, adding HDMI output to the iPhone 4, fourth-generation, iPod Touch, the original iPad, and the iPad 2. The accessory features an HDMI port and a Dock pass-through. The new version of the adapter costs the same amount as well, although there doesn’t seem to be a clear reason to upgrade unless you are too lazy to hit “Dismiss” every time.

Source: MacOtakara

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

itll prob be a jailbreak tweak out in a few days to fix this...no biggie

Green Apple
    Thanks

New processor, new exploits. Don't expect a third-gen iPad jailbreak until about the beginning of July. It can't hurt to be optimistic, though...

Green Apple
    Thanks

If its the same as the not supported accessory message then there is an exploit for it.

The adapters I'm speaking about don't filter out the Gsm tick that a lot of devices push out.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

July 2013..... Ha seems its getting more n more difficult to find exploits!

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trialnterror View Post
    July 2013..... Ha seems its getting more n more difficult to find exploits!
    Nah that doesn't seem logical, Apple wants there devices jailbroken

(sarcasm implied)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ghonyx View Post
    itll prob be a jailbreak tweak out in a few days to fix this...no biggie
    There already is a jailbreak app that does this. I guess they will just update it to work on the 3rd iPad.

What a stupid name, "The new iPad" Whats going to happen when the next iPad comes out? Will that be called "The newer iPad"? Then what will this one be renamed to? "The old new iPad"?

Apple really arn't smart at all when you think about what they do and try to wonder why.

Thanks

So pathetic, apple. Come on, if the thing works, give ONE warning and let go. You are so pathetic trying to get an additional $40 for NOTHING. Repeat with me... P A T H E T I C !

(bring it on fanboys)

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    There already is a jailbreak app that does this. I guess they will just update it to work on the 3rd iPad.

What a stupid name, "The new iPad" Whats going to happen when the next iPad comes out? Will that be called "The newer iPad"? Then what will this one be renamed to? "The old new iPad"?

Apple really arn't smart at all when you think about what they do and try to wonder why.
    The way I look at it is just like their MBP's or iMacs, the latest one's are just called, "the new MBP or MBA or iMac", and the old one's are called just that, "old MBP" or last years iMac. I think Apple just doesn't want the numbers to get so high in the names, like the new iPad 13s or iPad 9. Also I think they're trying to make it correlate more with their computer line with all this, "post-PC" talk. That's my best guess. I could be completely wrong!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    The way I look at it is just like their MBP's or iMacs, the latest one's are just called, "the new MBP or MBA or iMac", and the old one's are called just that, "old MBP" or last years iMac. I think Apple just doesn't want the numbers to get so high in the names, like the new iPad 13s or iPad 9. Also I think they're trying to make it correlate more with their computer line with all this, "post-PC" talk. That's my best guess. I could be completely wrong!
    I agree with your analysis and think it is a good idea. What would be the alternative? "Ipad 2012" like "Toyota Rav4 2012"??? Microsoft already tried it with 95, 98, 2000 only to drop it and go to "exciting" names like "XP", "Vista" and then back to "7" and "8" (uh??? what were 1, 2, ...).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cpotoso For This Useful Post:

steve-z17 (03-16-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpotoso View Post
    I agree with your analysis and think it is a good idea. What would be the alternative? "Ipad 2012" like "Toyota Rav4 2012"??? Microsoft already tried it with 95, 98, 2000 only to drop it and go to "exciting" names like "XP", "Vista" and then back to "7" and "8" (uh??? what were 1, 2, ...).
    Believe it or not, there was a Windows 1, 2... Just look up Microsoft Windows in Wikipedia.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Dev Team has good news regarding new iPad jailbreak

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post

Lol, you missed it. We finished this pathetic argument a week ago
    Last edited by iPod; 03-16-2012 at 11:35 AM.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Thanks

I can't seem to find an older model. The new model doesn't support anything but the new iPad!!! I'm so pissed off