Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Retina Display Compatible iPad App Section Surfaces in iTunes

Thanks

Default Retina Display Compatible iPad App Section Surfaces in iTunes

Apple seems to have put together a list of 24 apps that seem to best utilize the new iPadís high resolution Retina Display ahead of the upcoming launch.

Since the release of the new iOS software development kit in March, app developers have been busy updating and submitting updates to their apps to support the tabletís Retina Display. Users can browse through iTunes and purchase the apps, or if you already own a previous version of the app, it can be directly downloaded from the iPadís App Store app.

Popular apps from the list include Tweet Bot (which seems to have a new streaming option along with full Retina Display compatibility, Sketchbook Pro (the Autodesk drawing app), and NYTimes for iPad. As more time passes by, expect to see more apps that support the Retina Display feature available in the App Store along with an updated list to reflect the compatible apps.

Source: iTunes

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

So far from what i have downloaded on there only tweetbot actually looks good on it.

...about you, but I think it's time for Apple to drop support for non-retinazed apps. The SDK should be revamped to do away with the whole "image.png" vs "[email protected]". Even after 2 years, apps for iPhone and iPod Touch are still released without support for Retina and scores still haven't been updated for the Retina screen. Now that all new Apple mobile devices contain Retina Displays, a change must be made to allow these devices to be used to their full potenial.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JTornbom View Post
    ...about you, but I think it's time for Apple to drop support for non-retinazed apps. The SDK should be revamped to do away with the whole "image.png" vs "[email protected]". Even after 2 years, apps for iPhone and iPod Touch are still released without support for Retina and scores still haven't been updated for the Retina screen. Now that all new Apple mobile devices contain Retina Displays, a change must be made to allow these devices to be used to their full potenial.
    Until they drop support for the 3GS (which will probably happen before 6.0), it won't happen.
    However, Apple did somewhat require retina-quality screenshots on future updates so that in itself is a start.
    Developers, especially smaller ones, tend to make sure their apps work on nearly every supported device most times (lowest common denominator) use the 'cheapest' way to do it. Retinize later after sales start going. Makes some business sense.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

Quote Originally Posted by r3deemer View Post
    So far from what i have downloaded on there only tweetbot actually looks good on it.
    Anyone found anything good so far?