Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Confirms 8 A.M. iPad Launch This Friday

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default Apple Confirms 8 A.M. iPad Launch This Friday

On Wednesday, Apple confirmed its new third generation iPad will arrive at Apple stores this Friday, March 16th at 8:00 a.m. local time in all "launch countries," which include the US, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, Switzerland and the UK; along with Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.

Although Apple can't guarantee delivery times, those who preordered the new iPad (at least during the first day of preorders) and selected home delivery will also get the new tablet the day after tomorrow. As of this writing, new orders placed online with Apple are seeing a two to three week shipping estimate.

Of course, if you're looking to avoid the Apple Store - or don't live close to one - the new iPad will also be available this Friday in the United States at Best Buy, Radio Shack, Samís Club, Target and Walmart, although the 8:00 a.m. launch time may not be applicable with those particular retailers.

And in case you're wondering, yes, there are already dedicated Apple loyalists lining up outside a number of Apple retail stores, including Apple's Fifth Ave store in New York City.

Source: Apple

"those who preordered the new iPad (at least during the first day of preorders) and selected home delivery will also get the new tablet the day after tomorrow".

Actually I ordered mine a day AFTER the launch on the 8th! And my tracking info says delivers march 16th. And it's in Tennessee.

Yep, mine was ordered the day after as well and it actually shipped on Saturday, but it's just sitting with FedEx in TN with a future delivery for the 16th.

Quote Originally Posted by Zamphire View Post
    Yep, mine was ordered the day after as well and it actually shipped on Saturday, but it's just sitting with FedEx in TN with a future delivery for the 16th.
    Yep mine says "future delivery" as well. I actually called them and everything because I had no idea what that ment. But they sayed it will be here the day of lauch. I guess they hold them until the launch date kinda dumb because people could have there iPads and apple and FedEx could get some of the iPad clutter out of the way, and get ahead!!!

Both of mine are sitting just WAITING, one with FedEx and one with UPS...
    How about you just DELIVER them..... I will take it early

Quote Originally Posted by Greatbiguns View Post
    Both of mine are sitting just WAITING, one with FedEx and one with UPS...
    How about you just DELIVER them..... I will take it early
    Ha! I know I can't believe no one else is talking about how they are basically holding all orders until the launch day. Stupid

Happens every year

I hope Best Buy doesn't do their reservation thing like last year because that was a joke.. at least at the Best Buy near me it was.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

They just want everyone to get the iPad at the same time so they can get a huge reaction from everyone. Maybe...that's just my guess. That or they just want to be fair with everyone...

Quote Originally Posted by kadarrius View Post
    "those who preordered the new iPad (at least during the first day of preorders) and selected home delivery will also get the new tablet the day after tomorrow".

Actually I ordered mine a day AFTER the launch on the 8th! And my tracking info says delivers march 16th. And it's in Tennessee.
    NOT TENNESSEE! haha i ordered a new laptop and it sat in TENNESSEE for almost a week! haha stupid customs!
    Ipod enthusiast/computer programmer.......anyone want a PC music randomizer?

never owned an ipad...whats the big deal about em?

I ordered my iPad about an hour after it went on the apple store, still Preparing for Shipment and people i know who ordered the next day have theirs shipped already...

This is the reason why our orders are not moving. Mine arrived in KY Monday and still there until now :-(

Got this info at UPS website:

When will my iPad be delivered? Apple has required that UPS deliver iPad shipments to customers on and not before Friday, March 16, 2012. iPads scheduled for delivery on Friday, March 16, 2012 have a delivery commitment of end of the day.

Why isn't my package moving? These packages are being staged in key locations and moved on a coordinated schedule for delivery on the shipper's planned release date, Friday, March 16, 2012. To receive updates, click the 'Request Status Updates' from the tracking detail window.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I work at Best Buy and we are opening at 8am also. But whats funny is 8am Eastern but Western best buys are also opening at 8am so some will get it earlyer then others lol

Does anyone else delivery date say 22nd? Kind of annoyed as i could have gotten it in store tomorrow instead of waiting a week...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Ya especially since we got 180 in at best buy in our store and all day we sold 35. lol..... no line or rush for it. So would of been better then ordering online lmao.