Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New iPad Orders Now Require Three Weeks to Ship

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default New iPad Orders Now Require Three Weeks to Ship

New orders placed online for Apple's third generation tablet will take at least three weeks to ship.

If you didn't place your preorder for the new iPad within the first 48 hours, you may now have to wait weeks after the device launches this Friday to get your hands on one.

As of this writing, new orders placed through Apple's online storefront are showing a shipping estimate of two to three on those orders. This shipping delay is across all models. And according to some analysts who have weighed in on the matter, the swift depletion of inventory is a compelling sign of huge sales so far.

It's also, of course, a telling indication of how lengthy shipping estimates could grow if demand continues to outpace supply by such a wide margin. Although extended shipping estimates are nothing new after Apple product launches, the speed at which these shipping estimates are growing farther out suggests that the third-gen iPad is going to be difficult to come by for some folks in the months ahead.

"Customer response to the new iPad has been off the charts and the quantity available for pre-order has been purchased," a spokesperson for Apple said in response to the aforementioned sales success. "Customers can continue to order online and receive an estimated delivery date."

Source: Apple

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

2-3 weeks?! Oh my God. That's like... Standard practice! Unacceptable, Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by tony-aka-age View Post
    no more iPad
    Huh?

Poor Samsung wish they could have this issue lol well I'm waiting till the hype dies down a little then I'll order!

Quote Originally Posted by scroogelives View Post
    Poor Samsung wish they could have this issue lol well I'm waiting till the hype dies down a little then I'll order!
    I wish I could be that patient.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDiddler View Post
    2-3 weeks?! Oh my God. That's like... Standard practice! Unacceptable, Apple.
    Glad I got my order in on time!

I ordered my iPad just 38 hours after the keynote ended and by then it was 2-3 weeks shipping. Tracking my order on Apple's site says that it will be delivered on April the 2nd. Garrr....

Mine will be here FRIDAAAAAAY!

I'll wait till everything dies down I have the iPad 2 jailbroken anyways so I'm good for now

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

They are all sold out. There is no jailbreak yet and I don't find the stock stuff worth it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by baRRy boRRis View Post
    I ordered my iPad just 38 hours after the keynote ended and by then it was 2-3 weeks shipping. Tracking my order on Apple's site says that it will be delivered on April the 2nd. Garrr....
    I persisted and got my order in Wednesday afternoon (3-4 hours after keynote)...then the next day cancelled it and quickly ordered the same config except with Verizon instead of AT&T...30 hours after keynote. A co-worker ordered hers Wednesday and we both got our "Order Shipped" emails today, so even 30 hours after the event there was time. Though I suppose the model makes a difference. Have been waiting since iPad 1st gen for the higher resolution screen to buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by SergeantMAC View Post
    Mine will be here FRIDAAAAAAY!
    I'm thinking some, or lots, will arrive Thursday, maybe even Wednesday. Why? Because they are shipping them--in my case--from SoCal to NorCal starting this (Monday) afternoon. It doesn't take 4 days to get stuff up here from SoCal by FedEx. The folks in SoCal for sure should get theirs Wednesday, I'm hoping for Thursday for mine (greater Sacramento area).
    Last edited by buggsy2; 03-12-2012 at 09:56 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GranDaddyPurp's Avatar
    Thanks

Despite the wait time, I'll still put my order in. I'm not in a big rush to get it. Hopefully the iPad and my passport comes at the same time. Then I can fly to Tokyo and won't be bored!
    I Take Three L's To The Head...Love, Live, Life then I'm Dead

Not much of a big improvement. Apple does this every time. Adds a couple new features uses old hardware and it sells like hot cakes. Welcome to 2010 Apple.

So what's the official name of the new iPad?

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alberta_cox View Post
    So what's the official name of the new iPad?
    Yes.
    Oh, you want to know what the official name is. That's it: "new iPad".

Quote Originally Posted by Venom1234 View Post
    Not much of a big improvement. Apple does this every time. Adds a couple new features uses old hardware and it sells like hot cakes. Welcome to 2010 Apple.
    Increasing the pixels 4x is a big improvement alone. Then add new cpu, 4 gpus, slightly enlarged case to hold enlarged battery (same life though), LTE...yeah it's a big improvement for just one year. Far from old hardware. Sounds like you can't afford one. Read this.
    Last edited by buggsy2; 03-13-2012 at 05:25 PM.

Mine will be deliver on Friday.... Yeepeee