+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's New iPad Preorders Officially Sold Out

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple's New iPad Preorders Officially Sold Out

Following the announcement of the new iPad last week at Apple’s special event, the crowd went wild for the new game-changing tablet, which sports 4G LTE technology, a retina display, a better processing chip, and a better camera. Within hours of the announcement, Apple permitted pre-orders for the new iPad on their Web site. In the past few days, we have watched as shipping dates for some pre-orders have gradually slipped. Citing an Apple spokeswoman, demand has been, "off the charts":

Quote Originally Posted by Apple Spokeswoman
    Customer response to the new iPad has been off the charts and the quantity available for pre-order has been purchased; customers can continue to order online and receive an estimated delivery date.
    The high demand for the new iPad is not surprising because it encompasses almost everything people wanted to see implemented into Apple's tablet. It’s a great milestone for Apple and you’d better believe it is lining Apple’s pockets.

Apple undoubtedly took necessary precautions to help prepare for extraordinary demand and in turn, at the event, they told us they would be making the new iPad available internationally very quickly. Doing this, Apple took a hit on supply in the larger countries, like the United States, because now they have less to ship as they distribute them to smaller countries, which didn’t have so much luck getting the iPad 2 on a timely fashion.

With many people still discovering the entertainment and usefulness value of Apple’s iPad, it’s no doubt that the tablet will see increasingly high demand and large sales throughout the year. The iPad 2 helped illustrate how a tablet computer can prove useful in many different work environments from education, to airplane cockpits, to hospitals and much more.

Sources: AppleInsider

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

One thing give me flash it works great on my 99 dollar touch pad why not my 900 dollar iPad ?

Thanks

Because I waited to be at uni so I could buy it on the education store, which saved me £14 on the 32GB wifi, I have to wait an extra week or 2 for it to be delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by trialnterror View Post
    One thing give me flash it works great on my 99 dollar touch pad why not my 900 dollar iPad ?
    Seriously?! Christ on a bike...

Green Apple
    Thanks

i think that flash on an iDevice will make it sluggish and ugly like all the other devices out there. iPhone keeps its glory because it leaves anything that compromises system stability and speed. I think its better to keep it that way. Plus, 80% of the websites now are iPhone optimized. what more can a person want

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm thinking HTML5 will prove to be much better.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dude. Flash is dead. Html5 is king. It is completely slow and outdated.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,608 Times in 667 Posts

Because its old software tech! Plus most of everyone is going to HTML 5. Even Adobe isn't supporting mobile flash, no more updates! Unless something has changed? Steve Jobs talked about it when announcing the iPhone 4 and why they wouldn't support flash. I know one thing was, was because it use to much battery.

Thanks

well everyone i know who didn't get in for a 16th date says it ships the 19th right now, so that's not so bad.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Seriously !!!!! Come on Man !!!!

Thanks

Maybe because flash has issues with mobile devices/tablets? It is outdated? Mentioned several times, even by android/WebOS manufactures it is declining? Flash is no longer a valid argument by ANYONE, HTML 5 is the next biggest thing. If you want flash, simply get a flash enabled browser from the App store.

-Win7 Ultimate Retail Dualboot with Mac OSX 10.5.8 On PC, Core 2 Duo, 4GBRam, 300GB Drive, 500GB External, Nvidia Geforce 8400GS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UndecidedApollo View Post
    Dude. Flash is dead. Html5 is king. It is completely slow and outdated.
    Flash is still the dominant code out there right now, it doesn't go away overnight, everyone has jumped the gun and started dropping support way to early. Doesn't matter how effecient html 5 is.

Pre Orders are still going in Canada.
    Last edited by bry2k2; 03-11-2012 at 11:36 AM.

Thanks

Flash is truly dead at least on mobile. In fact, its buggy even on android devices!

Adobe confirms Flash Player is dead for mobile devices
    By Tim Stevens posted Nov 9th 2011 9:47AM

We heard the talk and now here's the confirmation: Flash Player for mobile devices is officially dead. Adobe is reaffirming its commitment to "aggressively contribute" to HTML5, a platform with broader support and capabilities than Flash was ever able to deliver. Adobe will of course also be pushing developers to work in its AIR platform for a more native experience, and the company will continue to work on Flash Player for desktop operating systems, but one can't help but see the platform as a whole standing on fairly shaky footing at this point.

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

There is only one flash I want to see, @Blkcadi .......... Just Kidding

HTML5 is like a shiny new Lambo, Flash is like a Pinto!!!!

Thanks

Google, "Why isnt there flash on iOS". And you will get your answer.

Thanks

Indeed!

Actually it's more like a Yugo lol.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Meh... flash crashes more often than anything else on my PC and Mac. Half the time its a ******* ad banner that is sitting there taking 20% of my CPU.

Thanks

They must have a lot this time. I accidentally ended up with an extra one on order and it was impossible to cancel and not cancel the whole order. I guess I'll be heading to the Apple store this week for a different reason.

Thanks

That almost happened to me too lol. The server was totally flooded when I placed my order. They had me purchasing 6 units at check out. Fortunately I caught the error.
    Last edited by ksmusa; 03-11-2012 at 03:09 PM.

Thanks

flash is html of the past... apple is moving forward

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2Jaze View Post
    well everyone i know who didn't get in for a 16th date says it ships the 19th right now, so that's not so bad.
    Lucky for some. I ordered mine 38 hours the keynote.