+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Suspicious Best Buy Listing Hints at New iPad Coming to Sprint

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Based on the purported photographic evidence shown above from Best Buy's internal computer system, the company's inventory clearly shows a Sprint iPad. Even more curious are the references to a
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Suspicious Best Buy Listing Hints at New iPad Coming to Sprint

Based on the purported photographic evidence shown above from Best Buy's internal computer system, the company's inventory clearly shows a Sprint iPad. Even more curious are the references to a Sprint iPad with two-year contract options.

According to the folks at Engadget who first published the pic, "the new iPad for Sprint has arrived in Best Buy's internal inventory system." But as the corresponding article warns, let's not jump to conclusions and expect a major announcement from Sprint or Apple in the coming days.

Earlier this week, following the third-gen iPad's introduction, Sprint informed inquiring members of the media that it has nothing to announce at this time with regard to the iPad. Of course, with the iPhone now on Sprint's network, no one would be shocked to see the iPad call home to the nation's third largest carrier.

But we may have to wait a tad longer. With 4G LTE connectivity finally turning up on the iPad, it seems like the new tablet is a natural fit for Sprint - but only once it finally flips the on-switch for its forthcoming 4G network. And that may take a while.

Source: Engadget

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Considering that a lot of Sprint iPhone customers are leaving due to pathetic data speeds this might not be a good thing! When I speed test on Sprint network with my iPhone 4S I get transfer rates that fluctuate between 8.6kbps to 145kbps.