Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Already Shipping U.S. New iPad Pre-Orders, Some U.K. Buyers Deliveries Delayed

Default Apple Already Shipping U.S. New iPad Pre-Orders, Some U.K. Buyers Deliveries Delayed

Apple has already started shipping new iPads to customers with delivery dates set for March 16.

Early shipments are not unprecedented, and our own Kyle Matthews has his black 32GB third generation iPad en route complete with a “Modmyi.com” engraving. But, not everyone is reporting Apple will meet their originally reported shipping schedule.

MacRumors is reporting a number of customers in the U.K. have reported Apple notified them their launch day iPad orders would be delayed by several days. The orders, which Apple originally quoted for a March 16 delivery date, have had delivery estimates moved back to March 19 or as late as March 21.

Despite our best efforts and those of our shipping partners to get your order to you on time, we want to inform you that it will not arrive on its originally scheduled delivery date.
    Your new delivery date is 20/03/2012.

Once you receive your Shipment Notification email, you can check the delivery status of your order by clicking the Track Shipment button, or by visiting the Apple Store and clicking Account.

We regret the delay and apologise for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
    Apple Online Store
    It appears Apple has prioritized U.S. shipments ahead of other regions. For those looking to secure a launch day arrival, Apple’s U.S. site is quoting every iPad for launch-day delivery except the white 16GB Wi-Fi model, all white AT&T LTE models, and the black 16GB LTE model.

Source: MacRumors, Apple

iPhone? More like MyPhone waroftyr's Avatar
    Thanks

Not fair. I ordered as soon as site became live for orders and mine still hasn't shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by waroftyr View Post
    Not fair. I ordered as soon as site became live for orders and mine still hasn't shipped.
    No worries, when the 4S came out mine didn't show "shipping" until the day before it arrived on release day. While its always cool to see that it is on it's way, it doesn't always mean what you see...

It's not just the US that they are shipping out. I'm in Canada and they shipped my iPad out today.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,805 Times in 1,226 Posts

Oooh.. look at that sezzy engraving.

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Has anyone ever had a tougher time reselling an older gen device because of its custom engraving?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Mine also says shipped. And a tracking number provided. My 64GB White 4G iPad is now in Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong lol.

OK guys I really need opinions!!! please I pre-orderd a BLACK 3Rd GENERATION IPAD WIFI ONLY at 4:30 yesterday!!! The pre-order went through fine. I got an email saying that my order was processing around 5:30 it says that the delivery date was march 16!!! The(launch date) today its 1:35 pm and I still haven't got a shipment email...and with the website saying march 19 for all iPads now I'm kind of scared lol so when should I expect my iPad 3 to be here. And should I even be scared.

Quote Originally Posted by therockk View Post
    Mine also says shipped. And a tracking number provided. My 64GB White 4G iPad is now in Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong lol.
    Could you help me out maybe?
    Last edited by kadarrius; 03-09-2012 at 01:13 PM.

Yeah, mine's shipped out too (coming to St. Albert, Alberta).

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDiddler View Post
    Has anyone ever had a tougher time reselling an older gen device because of its custom engraving?
    Wow. I didn't think of that. Too late to change that
    Nothing in life is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post
    Yeah, mine's shipped out too (coming to St. Albert, Alberta).

hopefully BC is on the list next for ipads to be shipped to! mines say "being prepared for shipment"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Got a shipping email today. Mine is in Pennsylvania and will be here in a week. I find it funny that it'll take a week to get here when I only live 3 walking days away lol.
    Moderator notice: Please keep all sales pitches in the B-S-T forum.

Quote Originally Posted by fudu View Post
    hopefully BC is on the list next for ipads to be shipped to! mines say "being prepared for shipment"
    Mine's in Anchorage. Apple ships through Alaska?

Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post
    Mine's in Anchorage. Apple ships through Alaska?
    lol yea man it goes though Alaska >_< My iphone 4S went through there..

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDiddler View Post
    My guess is Kyle doesn't sell his older devices. Probably has a special cabinet for them to be on display.

Probably has a first gen iPhone in there with the old site name.

Quote Originally Posted by waroftyr View Post
    I ordered same night an mine finally shipped with a receive date of march 16.. Maybe it'll ship today? Mine was sitting in preparing for shipping for two days.

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    My guess is Kyle doesn't sell his older devices. Probably has a special cabinet for them to be on display.

Probably has a first gen iPhone in there with the old site name.
    What was the old site name? Wasn't it modmyiphone or something?

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

Thanks

Ok I know this is wishful thinking but... Supposively the iPads were being built back in November December (could be wrong on that) at that time neither 5.1 nor absinthe had been created(well 5.1 was but still beta and not on the iPads). So potentially the new iPad won't be on 5.1 yet and absinthe might have an opening still?

I know nearly impossible, but as I said wishful thinking.

Thanks

I'm assuming the engraved iPads are shipping from hong kong (through Alaska) and non engraved seem to be already in major city's waiting to be delivered. Sounds to me like some of these iPads have been here in the states a while and waiting. More reason to think they are on 5.0.1
    If i said something you like or helped you out, don't be shy hit that thanks button