+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New iPad Models Already Selling Out for First Day Delivery

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
On Wednesday, Apple wowed the tech world once again by introducing the most advanced and cutting-edge iPad to date. Not surprisingly, there appears to be an overwhelming demand from Apple
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default New iPad Models Already Selling Out for First Day Delivery

On Wednesday, Apple wowed the tech world once again by introducing the most advanced and cutting-edge iPad to date. Not surprisingly, there appears to be an overwhelming demand from Apple fans to get the new iPad as quickly as possible.

The result? You guessed it. Apple is already selling out of first-day delivery pre-orders for a number of the iPad models introduced yesterday. We've begun hearing from readers who, upon placing their preorders today, were informed that their device won't arrive until the Monday after next Friday's launch.

This reality speaks to a huge wave of first-day preorders. As of this writing, March 19th is the new shipping estimate for some models, including the white 4G LTE model (AT&T). The 16BG and 64GB are also being pushed for delivery to March 19 for new preorders today. And those dates might be extended further as the preordering continues, some speculate.

If you're not sold for whatever reason on the new iPad yet and are thinking about upgrading from the original iPad to the iPad 2, don't be surprised if those are now in short supply too. Yesterday, Apple lowered the introductory price of the iPad 2 to $399.

All told, there's going to be a whole lot of iPad buying in the weeks ahead. And next Friday will bring with it the arrival of the third generation iPad to ten countries: USA, Canada, the U.K., France, Germany, Switzerland, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore and Australia.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't think Apple should do pre-orders from a business standpoint. The frenzied lines are what keeps the hype going. If they allow too early and a lot of pre orders, it really dulls the experience

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Revolutionary.. wait for it... "The New iPad"

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I accidentally ordered two since one of my orders got stuck on "processing"(turned out that this was not the case) so I am debating on whether or not to keep the second one ordered. I only need one for the wife so she can finally move up from the OG. They are supposed to be delivered on the 16th.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    Revolutionary.. wait for it... "The New iPad"
    LOL, just wait, next year it will be "The Newer iPad"
    and in two years- wait for it, wait for it, "The Newest iPad".....

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

As far as people standing in lines to keep the hype up been there did that to only find out they did not have the one I wanted. So I don't think that works all of the time.

Ordered mine today and delivery is on the 19th now. Should have stayed up last night and ordered but was way to tired.

iPhone? More like MyPhone spooneditr's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I stayed up last night and did my order before bed. Just checked my order status and says 16th still. Waiting do the new apple tv next week and ill order that too.

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

Thanks

just ordered mine, and it said the 16th.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LSZ33 View Post
    just ordered mine, and it said the 16th.
    Ordered 2, 1 for me and 1 just in case they run out and people wanna buy it for %150 of the original price.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greatbiguns View Post
    LOL, just wait, next year it will be "The Newer iPad"
    and in two years- wait for it, wait for it, "The Newest iPad".....
    Why is this so difficult to understand? "new" is not part of the official name. It's not like "The New Coke" from the 80s. It's a marketing sentence, "the new iPad", not a product model name, "the New iPad".

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post
    Ordered 2, 1 for me and 1 just in case they run out and people wanna buy it for %150 of the original price.
    Indeed. I bought a iPad 2 and only had it 13 of the 14 days you get to have it b4 they won't return it... I just didn't need it. this time I got a preorder and will probably be trying to resell it. idk yet...

Quote Originally Posted by flaccid_member View Post
    I don't think Apple should do pre-orders from a business standpoint. The frenzied lines are what keeps the hype going. If they allow too early and a lot of pre orders, it really dulls the experience
    what dulls the experience would be not being able to preorder. it allows you to KNOW you WILL ACTUALLY GET WHAT YOU WANT! standing in line and not being able to make the purchase destroys hype. Personally i think they should only do online orders for a month er so so that there aren't so many people wasting their valuable time going to the stores just to find they are STILL sold out of what they want, hindering people that are trying to buy other apple products from haveing the best possible CS.
    Last edited by de4ek; 03-08-2012 at 02:25 PM.

Thanks

Frankly I'm surprised that only three models (as of this post) are currently ineligible for delivery on the sixteenth (16 White AT&T/16 Black AT&T/64 White AT&T).

That may be in part due to every other country that's getting the iPad on the sixteenth in stores (Canada, Australia, Great Britain, France, Germany, Switzerland, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Japan) aren't getting any iPads shipped through the online store until the nineteenth... with Australia and Switzerland already pushing back toward the twenty-second.

With that in mind, I still wonder how crazy the lines will be at Apple retailers on the sixteenth, both in the US and globally. Waiting in a long queue for an item that they may or may not have in your desired iteration when the exact configuration you want can be shipped safely to your door the same day just never made any sense.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I'm actually surprised they didn't sell out day one pre-orders sooner! Seem slow, for Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by flaccid_member View Post
    There will definitely still be line.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Frankly I'm surprised that only three models (as of this post) are currently ineligible for delivery on the sixteenth (16 White AT&T/16 Black AT&T/64 White AT&T).

That may be in part due to every other country that's getting the iPad on the sixteenth in stores (Canada, Australia, Great Britain, France, Germany, Switzerland, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Japan) aren't getting any iPads shipped through the online store until the nineteenth... with Australia and Switzerland already pushing back toward the twenty-second.

With that in mind, I still wonder how crazy the lines will be at Apple retailers on the sixteenth, both in the US and globally. Waiting in a long queue for an item that they may or may not have in your desired iteration when the exact configuration you want can be shipped safely to your door the same day just never made any sense.
    They probably just didn't stock that many of those models

I know last year most stores received the least amount of 64gb 3g's because they sold the least. i'm sure this time around they made a crap ton of 16gb and 32gb wifi models
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Thanks

16th for me baby!

Thanks

I bought mine today on line in the late afternoon and i still got a delivery date of the 16th.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple says they shipped mine on March 8, 2012!? Whaaaaaat! Can't wait for the tracking info to be available!

See screen shot:

New iPad Models Already Selling Out for First Day Delivery-screen-shot-2012-03-08-11.54.28-pm.png
    Last edited by vantheman169; 03-08-2012 at 11:03 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,052 Times in 1,693 Posts

Mine shipped too with the tracking number plus I got a free Bluetooth keyboard.

Thanks
    all new iPads have a delivery waiting time of 2-3 weeks, Apple Store UK :-/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 883 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post

Plus not having to go to some of the places Apple stores are located. IE Mall of America. Hate that place.