+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The New iPad Will Reportedly Have 1GB of RAM

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard The Xbox 360 has 512MB of RAM and the Playstation 3, 256MB. That is incorrect. The PS3 has 512MB of RAM. 256 for the GPU
    iPhone? More like MyPhone GooseG's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post

The Xbox 360 has 512MB of RAM and the Playstation 3, 256MB.
    That is incorrect. The PS3 has 512MB of RAM. 256 for the GPU and 256 for the CPU. However, the GPU can access the CPU RAM and the CPU can access the GPU RAM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Not sure what you mean...
    The Galaxy Tabs are just as expensive as iPads and these Android devices have higher specs but crappy software. They seem to throw in a lot of pricey parts but don't think enough about bringing out the potential in those parts. Neglecting the part productivity and software usability requires the consumer to replace the product in a shorter amount of time! Therefore, the consumer spends more money!!!

I.E. How many PCs will you go through versus owning 'one' Mac??? If your PC does last you a long time, how many hours have you spent cleaning it up because of malware, spyware, viruses, etc.???

A Mac owner doesn't worry like a PC owner does.....just like an iDevice owner doesn't worry as much as an Android owner

...BTW, I used to be all about PC and have since converted to Mac after getting tired of constantly restoring my computers cuz of something stupid I clicked on. What a waste of time....
    maybe you havent used a pc in since windows 2k(seeing as how you talk about mutiple mac or owning a mac very long). but its become deadsimple in W7, and nowadays pc's will easily last you 4 years (if you invest good money, if you buy a 400 dollar pc ofcourse you'll only get 2 years).

it isnt per ce that a android tab costs less, but it can also mean that you jsut get MORE for the same money (display techniques matter aswell, seeing as how the 7inch tab has a beautifull display.

a virus only happens maybe 1 time every 1.5/2 years. Windows is pretty solid nowadays and has improven alot and is now deadsimple to use. and mac security is only good because no one is trying. a mac is like living on a farm far away from everyone without locks (which is proven every year at hack contests, they hack it within minutes).

So get of your high-horse. mac isn't perfect and neither is Windows, they both want your money, and both are trying very good to get it

Ooh and Android users don't worry either.
    Last edited by leopodie; 03-08-2012 at 03:49 PM.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GooseG View Post
    That is incorrect. The PS3 has 512MB of RAM. 256 for the GPU and 256 for the CPU. However, the GPU can access the CPU RAM and the CPU can access the GPU RAM.
    Seems to be that the general opinion on this is very unclear. 50% lean one way and 50% lean the other. Show me a source.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 03-08-2012 at 04:33 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

It better have more RAM than 512mb. Apple should of raised the RAM on the iPT 4 when it came out.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 779 Posts

Last edited by thazsar; 03-08-2012 at 09:38 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post
    It had better have more ram, 512 def wouldn't cut it.
    For the love of God, judge the product by using your eyes, ears and hands. I don't care what is inside if Apple spent time making it work like butter. So many other companies compete entirely by slinging hardware stats around, and morons insist that the devices are better because "it has more RAM" or "it has more megapixels". Yet the devices run and look like garbage, and you're paying extra for those extra stats that don't even perform well. This is the same reason so many of us play Powerball. We're thrilled by big numbers. Guess what? You'll NEVER win. It's a guaranteed loss. Similarly, you'll never get such a flawless marriage of hardware and software on another device. Doesn't matter how it's packaged or advertised. Use it and you'll see. It's as simple as that.
    Last edited by TheDirtyDiddler; 03-09-2012 at 10:55 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 779 Posts

Thank You, Diddler! Us 'fanboys' understand what Apple is doing while the 'non-fanboys' patiently wait for something to criticize!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDiddler View Post
    For the love of God, judge the product by using your eyes, ears and hands. I don't care what is inside if Apple spent time making it work like butter. So many other companies compete entirely by slinging hardware stats around, and morons insist that the devices are better because "it has more RAM" or "it has more megapixels". Yet the devices run and look like garbage, and you're paying extra for those extra stats that don't even perform well. This is the same reason so many of us play Powerball. We're thrilled by big numbers. Guess what? You'll NEVER win. It's a guaranteed loss. Similarly, you'll never get such a flawless marriage of hardware and software on another device. Doesn't matter how it's packaged or advertised. Use it and you'll see. It's as simple as that.
    Thats why some non-fanboy's wh owere at the presentation thought that the ipad 3 was choppy at some points, and he tested it on all 3 ipad (while the others were testing like iphoto and such) and he could reproduce them on all 3 of them. we're used to apple maybe leaving some things and improving others, not improving one thing and making another thing worse. thats whil its nice to see the final benchmarks to know if the ipad 3 is even better than the ipad 2 (except ofcourse for the screen which is way better)

iPhone? More like MyPhone GooseG's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Seems to be that the general opinion on this is very unclear. 50% lean one way and 50% lean the other. Show me a source.
    I read it off of http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/26169432
    As well as other places that I wouldn't be able to find again. If that is incorrect and the ps3 only has 256MB, I can then laugh in the faces of those that say the PS3 has better hardware.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12