Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Updates a Ton of Apps, But iPhoto for iPad Gets Royal Treatment

Default Apple Updates a Ton of Apps, But iPhoto for iPad Gets Royal Treatment

Apple's new iPad specific browsing UI.

Apple updated it’s line of native apps today including iWorks, Garageband and the iLife suite. But, the most impressive update might be the addition of iPhoto on the iPad.

The iPad iPhoto app adds a ton of basic and not-so basic photo editing tools to the mix. The overhaul includes new gestures, multi-touch editing, and sending photos directly between devices.

Browsing

The app appears to be incredibly smart. By double-tapping single photo the app will compare that photo to others that look similar and automatically find them. Swiping down on a photo removes them from the comparison. The “Smart Browsing” allows users to compare multiple photos side-by-side, and do so in portrait or landscape modes.

Editing Features

The app supports photos up to 19-megapixels, and the features outside of auto-enhance can be tweaked with multi-touch editing. Users can simply click on any part of the image they want to change and drag up, down, left, or right to edit. This can change exposure, contrast, saturation and more. The app even has automatic horizon detection which can straighten out crooked backgrounds. by highlighting only certain areas to be affected by changes using “finger-tip brushes.”

Users also have a plethora of new effect categorized into “swatches” and filters (black and white, vintage, aura, gradient, tilt shift, and watercolor). However, the potential power of finger-tip brushes offer users a competitive alternative to Adobe’s recently released touch-based Photoshop editing program. The brushes allow users to select a brush (repair, red eye, saturate, desaturate, lighten, darken, sharpen, soften) and zoom in anywhere to apply the selected brush. It effectively turns the photo into a canvas of photo-finishing potential.

Sharing, and Social Features

Also, users can add notes, geotags, and captions to their photos. All of these photos can be stored in “Journals.” These Journals can be customized by allowing users to make photos larger, smaller, and arrange them how they see fit. They can add, maps, dates, captions and weather details, all based on information stored in the photos. In looks like a personalized Pinterest photo-board.

Users can flag the photos they like and easily share them via email, Flickr, Twitter, and other outlets as well as share entire Journals via iCloud. The ability to “beam” photos directly to other iOS devices running iPhoto is a nice addtion, but is restricted to devices on shared Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connections.

Overall iPhone appears to be a welcome addition to the iOS iLife family, and a capable alternative to other photo-sharing and editing apps currently available. Get it now for $4.99 in the App Store.

Source: Apple

Thanks

You staff members here are becoming lazier and slower.... The people at 5 to 7 mac already stated about these topics hours ago.... anyway, because you people have not even mentioned the topic yet, I will post my question here --- Does anyone know if it is safe to update to 5.1 by OTA with a jailbreak or do I have to restore using the ipsw?

iPhoto for iPad? Is that even out yet? Didnt they say April or something?
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

Banned
    Thanks

IOS 5.1 should be out really soon as iMovie says it needs it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by indyracer05 View Post
    You staff members here are becoming lazier and slower.... The people at 5 to 7 mac already stated about these topics hours ago.... anyway, because you people have not even mentioned the topic yet, I will post my question here --- Does anyone know if it is safe to update to 5.1 by OTA with a jailbreak or do I have to restore using the ipsw?

Updating OTA while jailbroken is very bad. Do not do it.

Doubt there will be a jailbreak for 5.1 for some time though.

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    IOS 5.1 should be out really soon as iMovie says it needs it.
    Just updated.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

The Jack White of Photoshop Hosko817's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 412 Posts

dont update

@Indyracer05, Chpwn tweeted that it is not safe to do it OTA. You should update through iTunes and lose your jailbreak anyway. But apparently updating OTA messes something up, or even worse :/.

The Jack White of Photoshop Hosko817's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 412 Posts

Don't update

But not on the iPod touch? This is insane!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Why don't you ask over at "5 to 7 mac" if you are not happy here...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by indyracer05
    Quote Originally Posted by Borischan View Post
    Why don't you ask over at "5 to 7 mac" if you are not happy here...
    Exactly, I would never answer any question at all from this clown lol

Banned
    Thanks

If you edit the info.plist in the 5.1 apps they will work on 5.01 and lower.
    I have iMovie 1.3 working on my iPad 1 and iPhone both on 5.01 jailbreaked.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    iPhoto for iPad? Is that even out yet? Didnt they say April or something?
    Its not in the Aus App Store.
    Last edited by NakedFaerie; 03-07-2012 at 03:25 PM.

Stop being lazy and look it up.

Default How to make iOS 5.1 apps work on 5.01
    Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    If you edit the info.plist in the 5.1 apps they will work on 5.01 and lower.
    I have iMovie 1.3 working on my iPad 1 and iPhone both on 5.01 jailbreaked.

Its not in the Aus App Store.

Please share what exactly in the info.plist you change to make it work....?

Many thanks in advance.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Please stay on the topic of this thread. Thanks!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Puleeeeze...On topic? What topic? It's not like anyone has made their own separate thread about something!

I am not talking about cycling or the missing link....I am asking about how to make the new IPHOTO work with 5.0.1.
    You know iPhoto / the app this article is about!!!!!!!!

YOU STAY ON TOPIC SIR !!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Mr. Russian's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by msflfc View Post
    puleeeeze...on topic? What topic? It's not like anyone has made their own separate thread about something!

I am not talking about cycling or the missing link....i am asking about how to make the new iphoto work with 5.0.1.
    You know iphoto / the app this article is about!!!!!!!!

You stay on topic sir !!!!
    epic fail...
    CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME THEME
    Windows Vista
    Follow me on Twitter - Mr_Russ1an

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MSFLFC View Post
    Please share what exactly in the info.plist you change to make it work....?

Many thanks in advance.
    This works for iMovie 1.30 and probably iPhoto (Staying on topic, iPhoto, new apps)

Rename iMovie130.IPA to iMovie130.ZIP or iPhoto.IPA to iPhoto.ZIP
    UNZIP
    Open info.plist and edit the following;

<key>DTPlatformVersion</key>
    <string>5.1</string>
    to
    <key>DTPlatformVersion</key>
    <string>5.0</string>
    and
    <key>DTSDKName</key>
    <string>iphoneos5.1</string>
    to
    <key>DTSDKName</key>
    <string>iphoneos5.0</string>

Then remove the following;
    <key>UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities</key>
    <array>
    <string>armv7</string>
    </array>
    Save, ZIP, rename to IPA install via iTunes.

If it doesn't install you missed something so go back and re-edit the info.plist file

It will now install on any iDevice with IOS5 and above and it works on iPad1 and iPhone4 as thats all I've got to try it on.
    Last edited by NakedFaerie; 03-07-2012 at 09:22 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone waroftyr's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok so haven't installed either yet but im curious for opinions.
    So iPhoto vs new photoshop for ipad?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast