Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Updates a Ton of Apps, But iPhoto for iPad Gets Royal Treatment

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    This works for iMovie 1.30 and probably iPhoto (Staying on topic, iPhoto, new apps)

Rename iMovie130.IPA to iMovie130.ZIP or iPhoto.IPA to iPhoto.ZIP
    UNZIP
    Open info.plist and edit the following;

<key>DTPlatformVersion</key>
    <string>5.1</string>
    to
    <key>DTPlatformVersion</key>
    <string>5.0</string>
    and
    <key>DTSDKName</key>
    <string>iphoneos5.1</string>
    to
    <key>DTSDKName</key>
    <string>iphoneos5.0</string>

Then remove the following;
    <key>UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities</key>
    <array>
    <string>armv7</string>
    </array>
    Save, ZIP, rename to IPA install via iTunes.

If it doesn't install you missed something so go back and re-edit the info.plist file

It will now install on any iDevice with IOS5 and above and it works on iPad1 and iPhone4 as thats all I've got to try it on.
    When I open info.plist for iPhoto I get this:

bplist00%

!"#$%&)*+012345<><@ABDEFGH<JKL<NQRSTUQVWXY_UIReq uiredDeviceCapabilities_NSPrefPaneIconFile_CFB undleInfoDictionaryVersion_%UISupportedInterfaceO rientations~ipad_DTPlatformVersion_CFBundleIco nFile\CFBundleNameYDTSDKNameZDTCompiler]CFBundleIcons_LSRequiresIPhoneOS_CFBundleDispl ayName_UIRequiresPersistentWifiZDTSDKBuild_CFB undleShortVersionString_CFBundleSupportedPlatfor ms_ UISupportedInterfaceOrientations_BuildMachineOSB uild_DTPlatformBuild_MinimumOSVersion\DTXcodeB uild_UIFileSharingEnabled_CFBundleDevelopmentR egion_CFBundleVersion_CFBundlePackageType_UI PrerenderedIcon^UIDeviceFamily]NSMainNibFile_CFBundleIdentifier_CFBundleIconF ilesWDTXcode_CFBundleExecutable_NSMainNibFile~ ipad_CFBundleSignature^DTPlatformName_CFBundle ResourceSpecification_CFBundleURLTypes'(_fron t-facing-camera\magnetometer_icon-settings.pngS6.0,-./_#UIInterfaceOrientationLandscapeLeft_$UIInterfa ceOrientationLandscapeRight_UIInterfaceOrientati onPortrait_(UIInterfaceOrientationPortraitUpsideD ownS5.1XIcon.pngViPhoto[iphoneos5.1_"com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_06 7_CFBundlePrimaryIcon8<19:;[[email protected][Icon-72.png^[email protected] ViPhoto U9B176S1.0CXiPhoneOS.,-V10H575U9B176S5.1U4C199 RenS173TAPPL OPZMainWindow_com.apple.mobileiphoto19:;T0 420ViPhotoT????Xiphoneos_ResourceRules.plistZ[\]^_CFBundleURLName_CFBundleURLSchemes_com.app le.iPhoto__fb222075114496522  U t (=Sny5Qcy (H[^t 7;DKW|  
     9>CJOXnpu  ` 

TRY THIS

1. Open iFile and go to System/Library/CoreServices
    2. Open "SystemVersion.plist" in Property List Viewer
    3. Change the Product Version number to 5.1 &build version to 9B176
    4. Restart iphone

Default Are you drunk?
    Quote Originally Posted by indyracer05 View Post
    You staff members here are becoming lazier and slower.... The people at 5 to 7 mac already stated about these topics hours ago.... anyway, because you people have not even mentioned the topic yet, I will post my question here --- Does anyone know if it is safe to update to 5.1 by OTA with a jailbreak or do I have to restore using the ipsw?
    First of all, your assumption that everyone that frequents this site frequents the other site is wrong. Secondly, even if it wasn't wrong, your comment is way over the top. Third, your question about jailbreaking has nothing whatsoever to do with this post's topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Russian View Post
    epic fail...
    Great linguistic, articulate reponse.

How intelligent you are. Or...

Quote Originally Posted by samo1 View Post
    TRY THIS

4. Restart iphone
    That worked! Thank you. I tried changing the version number before but didn't change the build version and I forgot to restart. This worked though. Thank you. Is there any risk associated with this?

I spoke too soon! It will install but it still won't run.
    Last edited by Jordan10la; 03-08-2012 at 12:47 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I tried changing the IPA to ZIP, editing the plist file.

But once I ZIP again and change back to IPA, when i try to upload to iTunes, it says Not a valid IPA.

Anyone?

I had no trouble switching it back to an IPA but the plist looked weird for me.

Quote Originally Posted by samo1 View Post
    TRY THIS

4. Restart iphone
    Do you know if the build version you mentioned above will work with the iPad 2?

Quote Originally Posted by smoothcreak View Post
    Do you know if the build version you mentioned above will work with the iPad 2?
    Yes, they are same, this method can't make iphoto work, other apps (like new version of imovie) that require ios 5.1 will work

Thanks
    Thanked 15,491 Times in 7,088 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MSFLFC View Post
    Great linguistic, articulate reponse.

How intelligent you are. Or...
    This and your other post would be considered off topic and rude. SHE (not he, username is Toothfairy ) was not referring to your post anyway. She was more than likely referring to the first comment on this article.

Quote Originally Posted by indyracer05 View Post
    You staff members here are becoming lazier and slower.... The people at 5 to 7 mac already stated about these topics hours ago.... anyway, because you people have not even mentioned the topic yet, I will post my question here --- Does anyone know if it is safe to update to 5.1 by OTA with a jailbreak or do I have to restore using the ipsw?
    Not the place for this. Venting any frustrations about the site should be posted in the site suggestions section. We will be happy to address any issues you have there.
    As for your question, also not the place. A little effort and searching could have allowed you to find the answer to that question. If unable to find it start a new thread in the appropriate section asking that question.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12