+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Preparing for The Great Retina Display Shortage of 2012

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
The way this prospect is being discussed across the tech blogosphere today, you would think the subject matter was something ominous or frightening - like locusts, the plague, or Snooki
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Apple Preparing for The Great Retina Display Shortage of 2012

The way this prospect is being discussed across the tech blogosphere today, you would think the subject matter was something ominous or frightening - like locusts, the plague, or Snooki becoming a mom.

But in reality, the fear everyone is talking about is the potential for a widespread Retina Display shortage after the iPad 3 is mass produced and introduced to consumers later this month. According to a DigiTimes report today, an "insufficient supply of high resolution displays" could cause industry-wide production problems for the remainder of the spring.

This comes as such a shock. I mean, Apple products and their components are always readily available with supply perpetually meeting demand (insert sarcasm here). Nonetheless, sources in the supply chain say it could take close to a month of aggressive production to get back on track with the level of Retina Display production necessary to keep pace with demand in the coming months.

According to the assessment of industry insiders close to the iPad 3 production schedule, the third-generation tablet may be in short supply or not readily available until late March or early April. Of course, that's just the scuttlebutt. Apple may have more to say about this next Wednesday.

Source: DigiTimes

Thanks

Isn't that EXACTLY how Apple releases EVERYTHING???
    BIG HYPE, and then they Pretend that they only have a few made in order to keep everyone excited and talking about it for weeks...
    It wouldn't be any fun at all if there were actually enough at the store for everyone.
    That would be No Good, right?

Wait a minute, how would I be able to make a couple hundred extra bucks on each one I buy and then re-sell for big profit if Apple was nice enough to meet the demand with supply on hand ready to sell?
    I guess it is a good thing they pretend to only have made a couple of them.
    Now we're cookin' with FIRE. Thanks After All Apple for the pretend shortages during the initial releases.

Thanks

Clever advertising keeps Apple ahead of all the games..always has! No company has a "Perfect Model" but Apple seems to have the closest thing to it. All they have to do is mention something and the media goes wild. Speculations, professional opinions, Wall Street you name it..they all have a say when it comes to Apple products. Should this one be any different?

It will be here before you know it..can't wait as my company will be getting them as soon as they launch woohoo!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greatbiguns View Post
    Isn't that EXACTLY how Apple releases EVERYTHING???
    BIG HYPE, and then they Pretend that they only have a few made in order to keep everyone excited and talking about it for weeks...
    It wouldn't be any fun at all if there were actually enough at the store for everyone.
    That would be No Good, right?

Wait a minute, how would I be able to make a couple hundred extra bucks on each one I buy and then re-sell for big profit if Apple was nice enough to meet the demand with supply on hand ready to sell?
    I guess it is a good thing they pretend to only have made a couple of them.
    Now we're cookin' with FIRE. Thanks After All Apple for the pretend shortages during the initial releases.
    Your a moron if you think Apple intentionally creates shortages.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Moreno53 View Post
    Your a moron if you think Apple intentionally creates shortages.
    Futurama - EyePhone - YouTube at about 13 seconds. they dont create actual shortages, they just make you think that