Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Projected to Sell 55 Million iPad 3s in 2012

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default Apple Projected to Sell 55 Million iPad 3s in 2012

The iPad 3 will drive a consumer frenzy not like anything observed since the iPhone 4S release last October. That's the estimate from no shortage of Wall Street watchers tonight. According to this bunch of AAPL bulls, the iPad 3 will draw unprecedented receipts this year - even by Apple's standards.

Although the speculation will soon end as Apple finally tells us everything we've been dying to know about the iPad 3, for now, industry insiders are saying Retina Display, Siri, and 4G LTE connectivity are strong candidates for new features. If this projection manifests in the unveiled hardware, the iPad 3 could do big business.

According to Sterne Agee analyst Shaw Wu, Apple will likely ship 55 million units in 2012 if the hardware upgrade is as significant as anticipated. Also helping is the fact that Apple has reportedly made great strides with regard to battery life in connection to 4G LTE deployment.

"This is due to AAPL's ownership of core intellectual property including systems design, semiconductors, battery chemistry, and software," Wu said Wednesday. "We view the potential inclusion of 4G LTE as key with speeds approaching that of a quality personal computer experience. We also view as a positive indicator that the upcoming iPhone refresh in the fall timeframe will likely include this key feature as well."

Source: Washington Post

That $1 Trillion Dollar Market Value will soon become a reality. Keep It Up Apple

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

If I could just have .25 per ... I could retire!

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

The iPad 3 is going to sell like hotcakes, the hottest hotcakes ever sold! I can't wait for the release

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Makes you wish you could have bought as many shares as possible when they were $78 a share during the recession. I'm still kicking my own *** over that. :/

iPhone? More like MyPhone djarkiz's Avatar
    Thanks

iPad 3 in 6 days and hopefully iPhone 5 in Oct, HELLO 2012 !!!!! So stoked

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    The iPad 3 is going to sell like hotcakes, the hottest hotcakes ever sold! I can't wait for the release
    Sign me up for a DOUBLE STACK of those "hotcakes"...
    That is, if the predictions are correct!

Wednesday can't come fast enough. If it is amazing, like it will be, I will be all over it on release day.