Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1 in 5 People Would Buy Their First iPad if The Price Was Right

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default 1 in 5 People Would Buy Their First iPad if The Price Was Right

According to a new survey from RBC Capital Markets, a substantive number of current non-iPad owners would plunk down the cash and pony up for an Apple tablet if, for example, the price was right.

Based on the findings of the survey, 20% of respondents would purchase an iPad 2 (entry level model) if the price were lowered from $499 to $399. That $100 price break would generate a substantial buying wave from those who have, until now, held off on purchasing the market leading tablet.

Fortunately for this ripe market segment, Apple may take their advice after the iPad 3 is released early next month.

“Similar to Apple’s strategy for iPhone, Apple may simultaneously lower the price of the iPad2 by $100 (to starting at $399),” says RBC analyst Mike Abramsky. “Lower iPad 2 pricing may expand Apple’s addressable market and head off lower priced competitors.”

Chief among those "lower priced competitors" is the Amazon Kindle Fire, which is priced at $199. If the iPad 2 can somehow close the price gap between the Kindle Fire, there could be a huge wave of iPad 2 purchases throughout 2012 (just as the iPhone 4 remained the second-bestselling smartphone behind the iPhone 4S last year).

Source: Barron's

i would buy the ipad 1 if the price was right

1 in 5 People Would Buy Their First iPad if The Price Was Right
    What a non statement, anybody will buy anything if the price is right :/

Banned
    Thanks

Id like to challenge all tablet manufacturers to release their newest/next tablets at $350 for a 30 day period.

Thanks

Bull. How much do u think it costs to make the new iPad, rlly? It's more than 399 I'll bet.

all the guys at my work said if they came out with a 8" or 7" for 199.99 all of them would buy it. Me of course buys every apple product

Why would apple need to compromise? Apple, at this point, prints money. Everything they produce will sell like... Hot cake

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    Bull. How much do u think it costs to make the new iPad, rlly? It's more than 399 I'll bet.
    First of all it usually costs much less than the retail price to make those products, that's how you gain money -___-
    And second, did you even read the ariticle?
    "Based on the findings of the survey, 20% of respondents would purchase an iPad2 (entry level model) if the price were lowered from $499 to $399."
    It clearly says iPad 2 not 3. The iPad 3 will obviously cost more than $399.
    Last edited by Antman217; 03-01-2012 at 06:18 AM.

At this point I've been considering it very likely that Apple would continue to sell the iPad2. I don't see any reason that they should do any of these rumored smaller iPads, instead keep the iPad 2 alive with a price point of about $150 less. It'll cement their leadership in the market space. Just like the way they have kept the iPhone 4 alive as well as the 4S. Though only a very small percentage of people buy the 4 when they go purchase a phone, it gets that percentage more that they wouldn't capture otherwise and makes them part of the ecosystem buying apps, etc. Keeping the iPad 2 as an available option will sell more and more iPads into the market.

I was at office depot and I saw a case that said it was for the iPad 3 and iPad 2!!