Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Stock Continues to Soar - Hits a Half-Trillion Dollar Value

Thanks

Default Apple Stock Continues to Soar - Hits a Half-Trillion Dollar Value

With the iPad media event being official now, Apple stock soared to a new high, increasing its total market capitalization to nearly $500 billion. The Cupertino California company crossed the $535 mark in the afternoon, which was enough to push its market cap to more than $498 billion dollars. Apple stock closed the day by being up $9.65 or 1.84%. As a quick comparison, Exxon Mobile Corporation, which was around the same ballpark in terms of market cap for months was worth $411 billion as of Tuesday afternoon, which was nearly $90 billion less than Apple.

Earlier in the month, Apple blew past a market capitalization of $456 billion, which at the time was equal to the combined market cap of its major competitors, Microsoft and Google. Apple’s upward trend has continued since the company reported its best quarter ever (fourth quarter of 2011). In less than two years, Apple’s market value has more than doubled – a very impressive feat.

Although Apple’s stock hit a new record recently, many analysts continue to believe that it will go much higher as time goes on. Gene Munster of Piper Jaffray has maintained a price target of $670 and many other analysts continue to project prices relatively similar to that. Furthermore, Apple hit a half-trillion dollar mark in after-hours trading, pushing the stock price past its 52-week high.

Source: Google Finance

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Love apple stocks! (not really but I just wanted to make the first post)

Be carefully!!! the past is testimonial, the same way that raise to fast is fast down as well!!!

Quick! Sell Apple to the Chinese so that we can lower our deficit a tiny bit!

Too bad I had no money to buy the stock when it was just $95 a share. I tried convincing my in-laws back then to borrow $50,000 against there home to buy apples shares, they laughed and said I was nuts. We would be millionaires today! Grrr

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Too bad I had no money to buy the stock when it was just $95 a share. I tried convincing my in-laws back then to borrow $50,000 against there home to buy apples shares, they laughed and said I was nuts. We would be millionaires today! Grrr
    You'd have $352,420 if you'd used $50000 to buy 526 shares at a price of $95 each. Then Minus the $50000 stake to pay back the loan.... Nice return tho