+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Rumored to Unveil New Apple TV and Accessory Alongside iPad 3

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple Rumored to Unveil New Apple TV and Accessory Alongside iPad 3

According to the folks over at 9to5Mac, sources that are close to Apple’s upcoming product released are saying that Apple is launching a new Apple TV alongside the next-generation iPad. It was initially being reported that Apple would be releasing not one but two major new products in early March. The new Apple TV is rumored to include a faster processor (a possible variation of the A5 chip). The A5 chip is said to be required for the Apple TV to finally stream 1080p quality video, with rumors of a possible “A5X” chip that includes an improved graphics engine.

Other rumors afloat include a redesigned Bluetooth 4.0 remote control and Siri support, neither of which can be confirmed at the moment. It is highly likely that the new Apple TV would be launching with a new 1080P movie service from Apple’s iTunes Store. It is being said that the next-generation iPad will likely launch in March according to the internal product number that seem to be appearing in inventories (J1, J2, and J2A). The sources are claiming that the iPad shipments are already in and interested buyers can expect almost immediate availability.

The J1 iPad is likely the Wi-Fi only model with the J2 and J2A being two different cellular-data enabled versions. Rumors continue to point towards GSM/CDMA/LTE as the cellular-data types but none of them are confirmed. It is possible that the J2 model is therefore a combination of the three. Other rumors include the possibility of the J1 model only being available in one color at launch.

Furthermore, it is being rumored that there is going to be a new mystery accessory also being launched alongside with the new Apple TVs and iPads. It hasn’t been confirmed exactly what the accessory is or will be but it is called “B82” internally. Rumors point it towards being a new cable, cover, or new audio remote – especially with rumors of the new Apple TV having Bluetooth 4.0 capability.

Source: 9to5Mac

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks
    Thanked 3,839 Times in 876 Posts

I am excited for every part of this!!! I have an iPad 1 and held out on getting a 2 because of the lack of better screen. Most definitely will be getting the 3 this year.

As far as the apple tv, SUPER stoked!!! I have 2 atv2's and use both regularly!!!

Great way to start of the year apple

iPhone? More like MyPhone Breezy215's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok was there like I contest to see how many times you could put the word "rumor" in this review?? lol if it was, congratulations... YOU WON! lol j/k this is all great news(I mean rumors)

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,304 Times in 705 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy215 View Post
    Ok was there like I contest to see how many times you could put the word "rumor" in this review?? lol if it was, congratulations... YOU WON! lol j/k this is all great news(I mean rumors)
    7 to be exact

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes! Bring on the 1080p aptv! I also currently own a jailbraked aptv and it has become my most precious media extender in the living room. Its priceless being able to stream any media format from my home server! I hope the guys at firecore update their software as soon as the new aptv comes out!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Raybeast's Avatar
    Thanks

Sold my iPad 2 yesterday, hopefully the iPad 3 starting price will be 499.99.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I really hope the accessory is a gamepad. Apple could DOMINATE the games industry with a $99 dollar atv3 and a real controller. Think about Infinity Blade 2 quality graphics on your TV with game prices in the $5, $10 or $15 dollar price range. As much as I love my PS3, I don't think Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo could compete with a device such as that. With their $200-$400 boxes and $60 games they would be in serious trouble. Not to mention that new consoles are most likely on the way and they have probably been developed with the old pricing structure in mind.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I said this yesterday after we heard the confirmed release, that Apple would probably unveil the iTV and iPad 3! How sweet would that be?! Two awesome products released together!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is there anyway to actually convert bluray rips (m2ts files) to a format the apple tv can play without losing video / audio quality?

Thanks
    I would love Apple to make an Apple TV in white.. It would compliment every other white Apple product that I own haha

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raybeast View Post
    Sold my iPad 2 yesterday, hopefully the iPad 3 starting price will be 499.99.
    lol ihad bought mine on the 17th, so u better believe i returned that bad boy tonight.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 883 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sofakingstewpit View Post
    I really hope the accessory is a gamepad. Apple could DOMINATE the games industry with a $99 dollar atv3 and a real controller. Think about Infinity Blade 2 quality graphics on your TV with game prices in the $5, $10 or $15 dollar price range. As much as I love my PS3, I don't think Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo could compete with a device such as that. With their $200-$400 boxes and $60 games they would be in serious trouble. Not to mention that new consoles are most likely on the way and they have probably been developed with the old pricing structure in mind.
    I don't think they would have ton to worry about. The hardcore gamers still would and do prefer the console games over mobile versions. Yes mobile games are moving along nicely but still a great majority of them are not near the stuff console games do or require.

And some companies are milking the product on the various products. Like Dungeon Hunter. It is what .99 on the iDevices. 15$ on the PS3. And now they put it out on the Vita for 39$.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    I don't think they would have ton to worry about. The hardcore gamers still would and do prefer the console games over mobile versions. Yes mobile games are moving along nicely but still a great majority of them are not near the stuff console games do or require.

And some companies are milking the product on the various products. Like Dungeon Hunter. It is what .99 on the iDevices. 15$ on the PS3. And now they put it out on the Vita for 39$.
    Not that I am totally defending the $40 price on the vita, but it is not an identical game. There are many upgrades and a real controller to use which makes it a lot more enjoyable to play than the ipad version.