Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Sending Invites to March 7th iPad 3 Unveiling

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Apple Sending Invites to March 7th iPad 3 Unveiling

On Tuesday, just hours after CNBC confirmed that the iPad 3 will be unveiled next week, Apple confirmed it too - this time with a formal invitation to select media.

Apple is inviting press to a media event to be held next Wednesday, March 7th, in San Francisco (not in New York as CNBC first reported this morning). The event kicks off at 10 a.m. Pacific, 1 p.m. Eastern at - you guessed it - the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts.

This will mark the third consecutive iPad to be formally unveiled at Apple's favorite San Francisco-based venue.

Without question, there's no ambiguity regarding what next Wednesday's event is all about. "We have something you really have to see. And touch," the invitation reads, as it clearly depicts an iPad.

So mark your calendars, ladies and gentlemen. The iPad 3 is coming one week from tomorrow. As always, MMi will bring you the latest news, images, and reports next Wednesday morning as Apple unveils the refreshed tablet.

Source: Apple

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    We have something you really want to see AND TOUCH!!!! hahahahahaha

My iPhone is a Part of Me RandyTG's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope the other hand is not in a pocket!!

Sounds really creepy to me. Why don't they add "hey kids, want some free candy?".

Some people are pointing out that the home button is missing but this is clearly a mockup. You'd never get that kind of lighting on your thumb. The angle is way off.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zajaco0 View Post
    Some people are pointing out that the home button is missing but this is clearly a mockup. You'd never get that kind of lighting on your thumb. The angle is way off.
    I think the iPad is in Landscape mode.....Look at the way the bubbles on the wallpaper are.

I think I'm finally getting an iPad.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    I think the iPad is in Landscape mode.....Look at the way the bubbles on the wallpaper are.
    Not only that, but there seems to be NO home button, which explains the mention of the "And touch." in their invitation. How can we know? First, the photo they are showing is on portrait mode. You can't achieve that icon spacing in the landscape mode (which is the only explanation for the lack of home button).

Moreover, the icon falls right onto the same water drop that the current iPad 2 falls while in portrait mode. The same happens with the reflection on the dock. And, on top of that, it's impossible to get the same icon spacing in landscape mode. Clearly, Apple's invitation is showing a photo of the iPad in portrait mode. And there's no button to be seen.
    When the police want to know where someone is, they ask apple.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol who cares what the photo is showing or isn't showing??? Apple isn't going to give away all their secrets in a picture! I've been waiting for the iPad 3! I sold my original iPad a long time ago, never got an iPad 2 cause it wasn't very different from the first. The iPad 3 will be awesome though, definitely buying it!

iPhone? More like MyPhone law111's Avatar
    Thanks

Simple: Apple took the picture of an iPad in landscape. You know they would purposely do something like that to get the buzz about the home button not being there. Either way no one can say that there isn't a home button on the iPad 3 till we see it for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by gthugballin View Post
    Not only that, but there seems to be NO home button, which explains the mention of the "And touch." in their invitation. How can we know? First, the photo they are showing is on portrait mode. You can't achieve that icon spacing in the landscape mode (which is the only explanation for the lack of home button).

Moreover, the icon falls right onto the same water drop that the current iPad 2 falls while in portrait mode. The same happens with the reflection on the dock. And, on top of that, it's impossible to get the same icon spacing in landscape mode. Clearly, Apple's invitation is showing a photo of the iPad in portrait mode. And there's no button to be seen.
    Perhaps its upside down and they've canned the front facing camera

Quote Originally Posted by Evostance View Post
    Inverted in a toric space-time bubble?

And no home button!

Thanks

I still wont get it. To me the iPad is just an oversized ipod IMO
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Thanks

lol ... always a possibility

Quote Originally Posted by Evostance View Post
    lol ... always a possibility
    When the police want to know where someone is, they ask apple.

Remember all the predictions on the last iPad and iphone?

I'm guessing the there will be minor changes and it won't live up to all the hype and a big number of Apple-nerds will be very disappointed and vow to never buy another iPad let alone another Apple product.

I didn't see a big enough diff between 1 & 2 so I'm still using my 1. However, I need another iPad, so I'll probably get a 3 and hand my 1 down to someone else.

So... No iTV? Because you wont really want to touch your TV. At least I hope not.

Judging from the image I think its suggesting more of the same. If its not quad core LTE, and Retina I wont buy it. They better not disaapoint. Again.

Wheres iEMU for android so I can just buy a goddamn Transformer Prime and run iOS apps on it so I wont have to rely on apple actually caring to upgrade their device and actually have tablet apps unlike any current android tablet (besides Onlive playable app).
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 02-28-2012 at 01:07 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    Good catch! I think so too!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast