Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Sending Invites to March 7th iPad 3 Unveiling

hey - what happened to the dock connector on the portrait mode !!!!!!!!!!!
    Landscape guys - nothing to get too excited about - actually better this way - coz iphone 4S 'initial' disappointment was quite bad really !!!

who puts the keynote on their dock. Funny

Stop calling it retina! Steve jobs defines retina to have 326 ppi. If the new iPad is rumored to have a 20481536 display that is only 264 ppi. I wouldn't be surprise if they called it a iPad HD.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe two things will be announced. The first one you have to see: iTV and the second you have to touch: iPad 3! How sweet would that be!

Quote Originally Posted by Cjblaze2001 View Post
    I think I'm finally getting an iPad.
    Me too!
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

Moreover, the icon falls right onto the same water drop that the current iPad 2 falls while in portrait mode. The same happens with the reflection on the dock. And, on top of that, it's impossible to get the same icon spacing in landscape mode. Clearly, Apple's invitation is showing a photo of the iPad in portrait mode. And there's no button to be seen.
    It is possible to achieve that spacing and icon alignment in landscape mode. All you have to do is add three additional icons to the dock (say Maps, Calendar, and Keynote). I say landscape mode and home button still present.

The Home button is the single most iconic and recognizable feature of iOS devices... I doubt Apple is ditching it, but we'll see. These SAME rumors were around when the iPad 2 was about to be unveiled.

Also, with Siri being so new (basically still "beta" software, right?) and expected to make its way to the new iPad, and its ease and familiarity so dependent upon the Home button... I just don't see it. I think people (especially those trying to justify to themselves a new purchase) are just really deep-down hoping for more drastic changes than the ones we're probably looking at: better screen, minimal appearance change, better camera, and better battery. Possibly 4g/LTE.

We'll get our answers next Wednesday I guess.
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

Quote Originally Posted by famz View Post
    We have something you really want to see AND TOUCH!!!! hahahahahaha
    That's what she said.
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketApe View Post
    Looks retina to me.
    Looks like! I also wonder whether the iPad 3 will have a 4G LTE version this time. I haven't seen anyone talk about that yet.

Landscape: Compare the Mail icon to the Calender icon on the invite pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Borsato92 View Post

Can a non jailbroken iPad have that many icons on the dock?

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Can a non jailbroken iPad have that many icons on the dock?
    Yes up to six

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    I still wont get it. To me the iPad is just an oversized ipod IMO
    It's basically what it is.
    Last edited by Tucnepo; 02-29-2012 at 10:42 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

How many more new features will this thing have? Seems to me like everyone is getting excited over something that will basically just have better resolution. You'll marvel at the screen for about 20 seconds and then it will just become another iPad and your life will carry on. Afterwards some of you will wonder if getting rid of your relatively-new iPad 2 was really worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    How many more new features will this thing have? Seems to me like everyone is getting excited over something that will basically just have better resolution. You'll marvel at the screen for about 20 seconds and then it will just become another iPad and your life will carry on. Afterwards some of you will wonder if getting rid of your relatively-new iPad 2 was really worth it.
    It'll probably be like the iPhone 3GS to the iPhone 4. Besides a higher res screen, it'll have a faster processor and graphics engine, better camera, faster Bluetooth, hopefully double the memory to 1gb, Siri, and the mobile version should add 4G LTE.

Also this will probably be many people's first iPad or for people who have the original iPad. I don't see many upgrading from the iPad 2. If the changes are significant enough I may sell my iPad 2 and then get the 3 but I will have to wait and see about that.
    Last edited by The6uest; 02-29-2012 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Borsato92 View Post

No. You can clearly see it's different because if you look at the lower line, it enters the icon at a different place. It's a lot more define on the icon to the left. On yours, it goes below the safari icon. On the invite, it cuts the maps icon. Totally different.

People are reporting that it can't be in landscape mode such as zagg. Took this pic. You be the judge. 4 pages of apps, 5 icon dock, in landscape.

http://i.imgur.com/9tI7G.jpg

iPhone? More like MyPhone norfskate's Avatar
    Thanks

I've got a strange prediction to contribute:

All the previous apple invites have always had very good clues, so far this one seems quite clear, there's a keynote on the seventh about iPads etc, and you can probably tell its a retina display. But.., how about this one: the wallpaper is the very common and standard grey water droplets wallpaper, what if... thats not the wallpaper, what if they are actual water droplets on top of the screen and the hint is that the new iPad will be water proof? Hmm?

Just a thought :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12