+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Reportedly Making Both A6 and A5X Chips At Once

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
The next generation iPad is literally right over the horizon. We are expecting to hear from Apple about it sometime next week at their event on the 7th of March.
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Reportedly Making Both A6 and A5X Processors

The next generation iPad is literally right over the horizon. We are expecting to hear from Apple about it sometime next week at their event on the 7th of March. As we expect from nearly every new iDevice that rolls off of Apple’s conveyor lines, it is supposed to hold a new processor with better specs than the last. The big question is, “Will it hold the A6 chip?”

We’ve heard numerous reports of Apple’s next generation iPad being said to hold the A6 chip, but in a recent turn of events, we have been hearing reports about an A5X chip, which has been pictured. The A5X chip would be similar in qualities to the A5 chip, with slightly better performance. An A6 chip on the other hand, would be a completely new chip with all-around better specs and a complete makeover on performance and battery efficiency as we have seen improved in previous chips.

Citing 9to5Mac, Apple appears to be in production of both chips at once, which is a real force to be reckoned with. This means that Apple could be on the verge of releasing two kinds of iPads. Along with the reports of hardware such as a retina display, there have also been reports of a cheaper eight-inch iPad. This iPad would be not only cheaper, but it would have less impressive specs than the full-size iPad. Other reports suggest that the A6 may be used for the next generation iPad and the A5X could be used for next generation iDevices excluding the iPad.

Normally the marketing of two kinds of one device, one being less expensive with less impressive specs and the other being more expensive with better specs, at once from Apple would seem like a no-go. However, since the release of the iPhone 4S, Apple still produces and markets the iPhone 4 as a cheaper alternative. It could even be possible that we see the iPad 2 reproduced with the A5X chip and the iPad 3 sold with the new A6 chip. Whatever the case, we know the next generation iPad will be newer and better and we look forward to seeing what time brings.

Sources: 9to5Mac

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

The iPad 2S......perhaps?
    El Zurdo

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    The iPad 2S......perhaps?
    LOL I hope not.. Maybe A5X = iPhone A6 = iPad?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Cellular's Avatar
    Thanks

Knowing apple they will give you the short end of the stick... Or make A5x for new itouch 5.
    Let the rumors begin!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

My brother in law just came out from Cali n he works at apple let's just say A5X 8" A6 #3

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trialnterror View Post
    My brother in law just came out from Cali n he works at apple let's just say A5X 8" A6 #3
    Thanks for the inside info man, totally believe u...You think u could give me some stock advice?
    El Zurdo

iPhone? More like MyPhone rukavuda's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trialnterror View Post
    your brother in law would not be so stupid to tell you that info
    if he did he will soon be looking for a new job
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/9020/gagaxq.jpg

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that eventually, we are going to see a "normal" and "pro" lines - just like with all the Apple computers.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,331 Times in 641 Posts

8" ipad bite will run on A5x iPad 3 will run on A6.
    Don't forget the almighty of all idevices! iPhone 5 on A6

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah I would definitely think that Apple would go with the A6 for the next gen iPhone, or at least I hope.

Banned
    Thanks

I bet the iPad 3 will come with the slower of the 2 chips. If the A5X is slower then thats the iPad3 chip.
    They will wait and probably release the iPhone 5 with the A6.

You gotta remember Apple arn't nice. They are in it for the money and love to give out crap.
    If they were nice we would have an open iPad that would be so good everyone would want one instead of a lot of Android tablets that just kick *** over any iPad.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    I bet the iPad 3 will come with the slower of the 2 chips. If the A5X is slower then thats the iPad3 chip.

You gotta remember Apple arn't nice. They are in it for the money and love to give out crap.
    If they were nice we would have an open iPad that would be so good everyone would want one instead of a lot of Android tablets that just kick *** over any iPad.
    Hahahaha.. you Apple haters make me laugh. Android tablet better... hahahahahaha. Thats why they sell so well eh? It is closed for a reason, and it works for most consumers, the others can jailbreak if they want to. You stick to your super-fragmented Android platform umkay?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Venom1234's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    Hahahaha.. you Apple haters make me laugh. Android tablet better... hahahahahaha. Thats why they sell so well eh? It is closed for a reason, and it works for most consumers, the others can jailbreak if they want to. You stick to your super-fragmented Android platform umkay?
    You mad bro?

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Venom1234 View Post
    You mad bro?
    No, it just gets old. I guess I don't understand why anyone would waste time on an Apple related site if they hate them so much. The only 2 conclusions I can come up with is that either they are closet Apple lovers or they are trolls.
    Last edited by luvmytj; 02-27-2012 at 10:31 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Xenthis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cellular View Post
    Knowing apple they will give you the short end of the stick... Or make A5x for new itouch 5.
    Let the rumors begin!
    No, they'll put the A5 in the itouch 5...

Windows 7 x64
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.5ghz
    EVGA Nvidia GTX 570 Classified SLI
    1200watt Antec PSU
    Haf X
    EVGA P67 FTW
    Corsair H80
    Corsair Vengeance 16gig 8-8-8-24
    Sony Optiarc 24x

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post

Rigggghtt...that's why when the iPad2 came out it kicked the living **** out of every Android tablet on the market right??

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You get so hung up on a chip name. For all we know an A5X chip could be up to twice as fast as an A5 but if not called A6 then it must not be worth it and we'll all cry "why oh why has Apple forsaken us"....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,692 Times in 836 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    You get so hung up on a chip name. For all we know an A5X chip could be up to twice as fast as an A5 but if not called A6 then it must not be worth it and we'll all cry "why oh why has Apple forsaken us"....
    I have to agree. Just because the new A5 chip has an 'X' on the end of it does preclude it from being a quad core chip.

Intel released the exact same architecture for its Core2Duo and Core2Quad chips, the only difference being the number of cores.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    Thanks for the inside info man, totally believe u...You think u could give me some stock advice?
    Haha. This made me laugh. I fear I detect Sarcasm... ;p

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Wow
    I don't understand why all the info from 9 to 5 Mac wasn't included in the post here. Which would have stopped a lot of the babbling going on, the A5x is only a min. upgrade...as the jump from the A4 chip to the A5 was 10 & from the A5 to the A5x is only 5. It also speculates it could be used in the new gen Apple TV, 8" iPad & other IOS devices, where as the A6 is most likely for the iPad 3 (or whatever it will be called) & maybe the iPhone 5 (or whatever it will be called). There is even an image of code confirming said statements, please research before just babbling on about something you haven't taken the time to research or even look into. Knowledge is power & ignorance is just ignorance