+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Survey: Half of New Kindle Fire Owners Will Still Buy iPad 3

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Survey: Half of New Kindle Fire Owners Will Still Buy iPad 3

It looks like those who worried about the Kindle Fire eviscerating the iPad's market share may have been worrying for nothing. That's assuming, of course, that the latest consumer survey results prove accurate.

According to a new TechBargains.com survey, more than half of all Kindle Fire owners will still cough up the cash to acquire a new iPad 3 once the device reaches consumers this spring.

TechBargains.com, a deal aggregation website for electronic products, released its iPad 3 survey results today. Of the respondents, 58% want to upgrade their current tablet and 74% concede that "no tablet compares to an iPad."

The anticipated high price tag of Apple’s next iPad is the main reason 16% of shoppers will not buy the iPad 3 and why 35% remain undecided. The survey also found that more than half of owners of the recently released Kindle Fire will buy an iPad 3.
    “When it comes to tablets, Apple’s iPad will continue to remain the leader,” said Yung Trang, President and Editor in Chief of TechBargains.com. “But what’s very interesting is that Kindle Fire was released just three months ago and yet more than half of Fire owners already know that they will, in fact, buy the iPad 3. This could be a commentary on consumer dissatisfaction with Amazon’s product or simply a message that the iPad’s user experience remains unparalleled.”

In terms of a head-to-head match up, 53% of Kindle Fire buyers will also also buy the iPad 3. Interestingly enough, 6% will even wait in line on the release date and 17% will buy online on the release date.

Source: TechBargains

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Ouch

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

How many people were actually surveyed?

Thanks

I wonder if these people always wanted an iPad, but couldn't justify spending $500+ for one. When the Kindle Fire came out it gave these hesitant people an affordable option and they jumped on it. Having now experienced a tablet and realizing how much they use it they'll now spring for the more expensive model.

Makes sense to me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    I wonder if these people always wanted an iPad, but couldn't justify spending $500+ for one. When the Kindle Fire came out it gave these hesitant people an affordable option and they jumped on it. Having now experienced a tablet and realizing how much they use it they'll now spring for the more expensive model.

Makes sense to me.
    I know I couldn't justify dropping the money on a tablet. We have a touchpad with ICS, and I still couldn't really justify an iPad. Then they spring the high def screen, and of course various other upgrades, and it's a lot more justifiable to me... of course this is assuming they don't increase the price on the thing. We are finding, too, that we are traveling a lot more, and it's just more convenient to load movies onto a tablet than a notebook, even though we have a macbook air that we use for that reason.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

iPad Still Is Better. IMO
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This applies to half of Techbargains readers who happened to answer their survey, not half of Fire owners. My guess is that Techbargains readers are not representative of Fire owners as a whole. Take this with the grain of salt it deserves.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedb View Post
    This applies to half of Techbargains readers who happened to answer their survey, not half of Fire owners. My guess is that Techbargains readers are not representative of Fire owners as a whole. Take this with the grain of salt it deserves.
    +1 on that. I don't think this is a good representation of the market and does not make sence to me. People so eager to get the next gen iPad would not have spent money on fire.
    I also don't understand the fascination with these products. They are nice, sure. I got iPad 2 my self but to be so married to it and rush out and snatch one just because it's the latest from apple I can't understand. Specialy if One already has an android tablet or anything else with equivalent specs

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stevedb View Post
    +2

#1 This survey actually achieves nothing except what the person who started survey wanted to achieve, to promote iPad.

#2 Why ask Fire owners if they wanted to switch to iPad? Because people who bother to answer are the people who are most likely to switch and the ones that answer they want to stay with Fire are the die hard users who bother to answer. If they asked iPad owners if they will switch the result will most likely be very similar. Therefore by choosing 1 question over the other it shows which they prefer.

#3 Doing this survey so close to the iPad launch, it would further enhance the "want to switch crowd" to answer question.

This survey means less than a grain of salt, it only means 1 molecule of NaCl to me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone timbo's Avatar
    Thanks

I am very disappointed with my Kindle Fire. I will defiantly get an iPad 3. especially if there is an 8" model.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Cellular's Avatar
    Thanks

Surveys done by these people were more than likely done when people were in front of an iPad kiosk rendering the survey inconclusive.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by timbo View Post
    I am very disappointed with my Kindle Fire. I will defiantly get an iPad 3. especially if there is an 8" model.
    Did you really think you;d be getting a $500 tablet for $200?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Did you really think you;d be getting a $500 tablet for $200?
    incorporating retina display I doubt it would be $500, if it cost more to manufacture Apple also have to make more.