+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: App Store Poised to Welcome Microsoft Office for iPad

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default App Store Poised to Welcome Microsoft Office for iPad

Based on new images leaked to the web on Tuesday, it appears as though a new iPad-optimized Microsoft Office suite is on its way to the app store.

Those who've tinkered with the new offering tell News Corp's "The Daily" that the forthcoming release will be an impressive one and a particularly hot commodity among iPad owners.

"A brief hands-on with a working prototype of the software revealed a number of new things," reveals Matt Hickey of The Daily. "The app’s user interface is similar to the current OneNote app, but it has hints of Metro, the new design language that can be seen in Windows Phone and in the as-yet-released Windows 8 desktop operating system."

Interesting enough, in case you're wondering, sources say that Microsoft has no plans to offer an Android version of Office at this time.

As of this writing, there is no conformation of a release date for the sophisticated Office suite to hit the Apple App Store, but we do know that the design team has signed off on the package and its ready for release. So it's highly possible - if not probable - that the release could come within days.

Source: The Daily

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I will have to see the price on this thing before I commit. A full blown office suite is nice, but without a physical keyboard, there is a lot left to be desired IMO.

Green Apple
    Thanks

This has already been confirmed to be inaccurate by Microsoft. Delete!

Microsoft Denies Rumor of Office Software for iPad - NYTimes.com

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Now I have a reason to buy an iPad. Thank you Apple for saving me 500 bucks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

D
    Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I will have to see the price on this thing before I commit. A full blown office suite is nice, but without a physical keyboard, there is a lot left to be desired IMO.
    In your opinion? Really? You've had hands on experience with this app, and know how the landscape and metro work? Maybe you should be writing for modmyi since you know more than us!

Thanks

The following has just been pasted on Neowin.net:-

[Update] Microsoft has told ZDnet that the image is fake but declined to comment on if the company is building Office for the iPad.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Just because they deny the rumor doesn't mean it's not true.. but we shall see.

Thanks

Hum u heard of Bluetooth ?

Thanks

Hum ever heard of Bluetooth

iPhone? More like MyPhone mbeezy81's Avatar
    Thanks

Physical keyboard?? Bluetooth keyboard syncs to iPad!

Thanks

I really couldn't see them putting out a fully-featured Office app for iPad... let's be honest, MS Office compatibility and such will be one of the MAIN selling points for the upcoming Windows 8 tablets. I don't see how this would help them at all. Business is business, so I could see them possibly creating a bare-bones app with limited functionality, or make a "full" suite ridiculously expensive (conversely, having it built-in to Windows 8 or at a significantly reduced price). Just my opinion, though...
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Geez, man, there are about a gazillion great bluetooth keyboard setups and cases out there.