Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Yes, the iPad 3 Will Have A Retina Display

Default Yes, the iPad 3 Will Have A Retina Display

Many iPad enthusiasts are anticipating the day that the iPad 3 will be announced to find out if it will have a retina display or not, but also to see how Apple can improve a device as boundless as the iPad 2. The iPad 1 and iPad 2 never sported a retina display, although the iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and iPod touch 4G adopted one. MacRumors has evidently been able to get their hands on one of the iPad 3 displays and after examination under a microscope at the same magnification level, the iPad 3’s display will in fact hold a retina display resolution of 2048x1536 - twice that of the 1024x768 resolution in the current generation device. The image is shown above with a comparison of the iPad 2 and iPad 3 displays.

With the evidence surrounding the iPad 3 and its display resolution and all of these credible sources citing its truthfulness, we cannot refute it. The iPad 3 is said to be in full-swing production as we speak and Apple is expected to announce its existence sometime in the first week of March at their event.

What’s more about an iPad 3 with a retina display is that it will require a better battery. The sharper images along with the processing power needed to keep graphics running smooth will require a power-hungry graphics processor and a powerful CPU. This is where the rumored quad-core A6 processor is said to come in - superseding the dual-core A5 processor that currently sits in the iPad 2.

While we will be getting the much desired retina display in the iPad 3, it may not be all fun and games. Looking at the unveiling of the first retina display in the iPhone 4, app developers for the App Store took a very long time to adopt the retina display resolutions in their applications, in fact there are countless applications that still do not support the retina display even to this day. That being the case, many applications will appear pixelated until the App Store implements the standards for Apple’s new iPad and developers adhere to them.

With the retina display being confirmed, I'm finally going to have to grab one of these.

Sources MacRumors

This just in: Rumor Confirms Rumor

I'm definitely getting one ;-)

Glad it's been confirmed. Regarding the applications not supporting retina display as fast as we predict, I'm inclined to believe they will be updated pretty fast. I don't think it's just wishful thinking really, I think developers are ready for it... I think they know it's coming and they are ready to get to work. Hopefully this is how it's going to go down.

So, how soon till a jail break?😝😝😝😝

With the retina display being confirmed, I'm finally going to have to grab one of these.
    My exact thought!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    This just in: Rumor Confirms Rumor
    How do you get that? There is a physical piece of hardware to actually look at. Could it be that it is hardware from another, non-Apple, device? Sure, but how likely is it that the screen is exactly 2x the reolution and physically the same size as seen on previous iPad models?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

No need for rumors I'm 100% sure the iPad 3 will have a retina display. Apple has made it so obvious, you just have to pay close attention

I can't imagine how long for a jailbreak that is if one is even possible with the A6.

a word for the devteam,

you crack the A6 and you will be guaranteed a donation from me like I did for the A5

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    I can't imagine how long for a jailbreak that is if one is even possible with the A6.

a word for the devteam,

you crack the A6 and you will be guaranteed a donation from me like I did for the A5
    You never know with new tech. May be a blatant exploit from the off in any new device (unlikely but possible). They're never bug free!

Thanks

Been holding back on an iPad since they came out... Was waiting for it to be retina and for more developers to make things retina compatible... Also was waiting for all the sites using flash content to get hip to the fact that all iDevice owners could not view the content. I will wait for the iPad 3 to be out for a few months till the frenzy chills a little and until its Jailbroken and my favorite tweaks are compatible... Then I will tweak out on Cydia day and night with my iPad 3 until its as tweaked as my phone... And get digital subscriptions to Skateboard Magazines to balance out all those trees I helped kilI over the years to supply paper and wooden planks my for my pleasure... What dies in nature so that an iPad can be alive in our hands? I wonder...

Can somebody please explain to me how it is even remotely possible that a 10" wide, 1" thick device would support a resolution higher than a dedicated LED Cinema Display??

I'm sorry, the iPad 3 is going to get a higher resolution display (call it retina if you will, whatever that's supposed to mean) but that resolution rumor is nothing else than day dreaming!

This could easily be a photo of an iPhone 4/4s's screen. Skeptic is still Skeptic.

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post

a word for the devteam,

You mean A5X not A6

Quote Originally Posted by charliebee View Post
    Can somebody please explain to me how it is even remotely possible that a 10" wide, 1" thick device would support a resolution higher than a dedicated LED Cinema Display??

I'm sorry, the iPad 3 is going to get a higher resolution display (call it retina if you will, whatever that's supposed to mean) but that resolution rumor is nothing else than day dreaming!
    Pixel density.