+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Midwest Retailer Slashes Price of Wi-Fi iPad 2

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Midwest Retailer Slashes Price of Wi-Fi iPad 2

Meijer, a large retailer predominately in Michigan, northern Illinois and northern Indiana, announced a week-long iPad sale cutting $70 off the 16GB Wi-Fi iPad 2.

The deal is featured in the retailers weekly circular and highlights the week-long price cut of the $500 16GB Wi-Fi iPad 2 down to $429. The deal will run until supplies last and does not include rain checks. However, a separate listing for the deal on Meijer’s website notes the deal lasts until Feb. 25 and is only available in stores.

Also, Meijer has Apple’s Smart Cover on sale for $35 (normally $40) and is offering a free $15 iTunes gift card with the purchase of an 8GB iPod Touch ($195 for the week). For those not familiar, Meijer is a Michigan based supermarket chained largely credited with creating the “supercenter” retail concept Wal-Mart has utilized to rule the world.

The $70 discount is steeper than any retailers Black Friday iPad discount including both Best Buy and Apple Stores ($45 and $41). The price cut has further pushed the iPad 3 topic to the forefront of conversation. Speculation on the future of the Wi-Fi iPad 2 has recently come into question, and if more retailers cut prices on their existing stock of Wi-Fi iPad 2s expect it to be used as evidence of the iPad 3’s release.

Source: Meijer [via Apple Insider]

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

I wonder how much the price will drop when the next iPad is released

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    I wonder how much the price will drop when the next iPad is released
    $30 more

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

$50 off is "slashing"? I bought a 16gig iPad for $300 when the i2's came out.... now that's slashing.

I can't decide if I'll pick up the 3 or pick up a, hopefully, $300 i2. We shall see.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

are they refurbished? because if so, apple has been running this deal for like 4 months