+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NYT Report Claims iPad 3 Screen is Truly Amazing

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
The New York Times published their own report on Apple rumored iPad 3 announcement next month with a simple claim from “an Apple employee.” The iPad 3 screen is “truly
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default NYT Report Claims iPad 3 Screen is Truly Amazing

The New York Times published their own report on Apple rumored iPad 3 announcement next month with a simple claim from “an Apple employee.”

The iPad 3 screen is “truly amazing.”

While the iPad being tested inside Cupertino is “essentially the same size and shape as the iPad 2,” the improved screen and faster processor will apparently be the selling points. The New York Times did not identify their source because “Apple is not fond of leaks.” Understatement of the year.

The improved-innards strategy appears to be the Apple game plan for iDevices this year. The Times was unable to confirm if Apple is actually going to call the new iPad the iPad 3, or release and iPad 2S to the same storm of criticism the iPhone 4S experienced during its launch. Leaks of the iPad 3 rear housing yesterday seem to support the Apple employees claims.

Whatever Apple decides to call the device chances are the next iPad will sell gazillions of copies adding to the iPad's current worldwide total of 55 million units.

Source: NYT

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I will likely spring for this improved resolution screen. It's really what has kept me from getting a tablet. It doesn't seem to make much sense to buy something made specifically for media consumption WITHOUT an HD resolution. That said, I still find these machines to be overpriced, but hey, I have spent enough on games/apps so I can enjoy those on a bigger screen too. I had to give in at some point. :/
    Last edited by sziklassy; 02-09-2012 at 05:09 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

no flash no thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I will likely spring for this improved resolution screen. It's really what has kept me from getting a tablet. It doesn't seem to make much sense to buy something made specifically for media consumption WITHOUT an HD resolution. That said, I still find these machines to be overpriced, but hey, I have spent enough on games/apps so I can enjoy those on a bigger screen too. I had to give in at some point. :/

Thanks

I just love how much assumptions we are already making about the iPad 3...

Thanks but I'll wait for Apple to release it before making judgements because I heard from a friend of a friend it's going to have a 10ghz quad dual core processors and going to be powered by a micro nuclear reactor and his friends friend said its going to be a holographic display (not 3d) but holographic so it will just project in mid air as you lay it on your coffee table.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hollafront1314 View Post
    no flash no thank you
    You're kidding me right? Even Adobe admitted that everything is starting to move towards HTML5 and they have officially said they are killing off support for mobile flash! Nice trolling though

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rfarmer5280 View Post
    You're kidding me right? Even Adobe admitted that everything is starting to move towards HTML5 and they have officially said they are killing off support for mobile flash! Nice trolling though
    More like, "Here's the iPad 3, it's amazing, it's revlutionary!, it's everything you ever wanted in a tablet! In fact, it's SO amazing and SO revolutionary we had to limit what you could do with it because if we hand't well, you'd just turn to your brain into mush! So let's hold hands and walk this path together. One feature at at time, one iPad revision at a time........Wasn't that great? You mean you want to do more with it? Well I apologize but this is the end of our journey. Be sure to purchase the iPad 4 on your way out to see what lies in store for you tomorrow!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

For those who already own an iPad...
    First question you should ask yourself is how long has the iPhone4 been out?
    How many apps that supports retina display?
    Do you really want to rush out to buy a retina display iPad when it is not fully supported until maybe 2013?

Until there is some addition to this iPad3 that is totally revolutionary and totally different from iPad2, I see absolutely no need to buy this. I seem to recall a reporter saw the iPad3 at the CES said he was not impressed, so I would assume nothing new except faster and improved display.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Are there any other words we can use.. i feel as if "amazing", "awesome","perfect", and even "simple" are over used way to much now. I don't know but i'm just saying.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    For those who already own an iPad...
    First question you should ask yourself is how long has the iPhone4 been out?
    How many apps that supports retina display?
    Do you really want to rush out to buy a retina display iPad when it is not fully supported until maybe 2013?

Until there is some addition to this iPad3 that is totally revolutionary and totally different from iPad2, I see absolutely no need to buy this. I seem to recall a reporter saw the iPad3 at the CES said he was not impressed, so I would assume nothing new except faster and improved display.
    Your assumption it's going to take almost an year for the iPad apps to be updated to support the retina display is too far off as far as I can tell. I can think of a couple of reasons why. First and foremost, developers now know how much of a success an iPad with a retina display is going to be. They didn't know back then when the iPhone 4 showed up. So they know it's going to be big, they know people will want the apps to use the retina display as soon as possible...this awareness in my opinion did not exist before the iPhone 4 came out. You know what I mean? Developers are ready to update as fast as possible. Or at least thats how I see it.

Also it's rather easy to make an application retina display compatible - it shouldn't cause developers to delay the update that much.
    Last edited by CMartins; 02-09-2012 at 08:33 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

no flash no thank you
    This must be the first news article you've read since you came out of that cave... What's it been, two years??

Thanks

no flash no thank you
    Flash died a long time ago, where the hell were you?
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

why apple isn't going the samoled route like samsung.....what gives?

I'm sick and tired of this standard lcd garbage!!!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    Flash died a long time ago, where the hell were you?
    +1 it's HTML5 now

Thanks
    no flash no thank you
    Meh. Flash is a pig on my PC, I wouldn't want it on my tablet. I've missed it a little, but not enough to skip an entire genre.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Last edited by Melech518; 02-09-2012 at 09:40 PM.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CMartins View Post
    Your assumption it's going to take almost an year for the iPad apps to be updated to support the retina display is too far off as far as I can tell. I can think of a couple of reasons why. First and foremost, developers now know how much of a success an iPad with a retina display is going to be. They didn't know back then when the iPhone 4 showed up. So they know it's going to be big, they know people will want the apps to use the retina display as soon as possible...this awareness in my opinion did not exist before the iPhone 4 came out. You know what I mean? Developers are ready to update as fast as possible. Or at least thats how I see it.

Also it's rather easy to make an application retina display compatible - it shouldn't cause developers to delay the update that much.
    If what you say is true, there would not be a need to have an article a few blocks down.
    http://modmyi.com/content/6853-apple...-them-all.html
    Why would Apple need to do this now if everyone is making retina display apps on iPhone 4?

Considering all the iPad 1 and iPad 2 out there, why would they make retina display iPad 3 when it is easier to make regular display and make more money from them?
    Absolutely no need to get iPad 3 for at least a year, even after 1 year I don't believe that many retina display iPad3 specific games out there.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 767 Posts

no flash no thank you
    Lol. I hope you don't plan on buying a new Android tablet any time soon. You won't find Flash on those either. Flash is an old excuse.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

no flash no thank you
    Yeh an no floppy disk drive no thank you. And if the memory is more than 16mb no thank you. 'put old outdated tech here' no thank you.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Put it this way, I won't be getting an iPad 3 if it does not have a better display. It does everything I want now except for crappy graphics when reading web pages. I'm spoiled by the iP4's display. It's Apple's own fault for making such a beautiful display on the iP4 but not on anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    What do you want a tablet to do? Make you coffee? Wash and fold your clothes?

And that nonsense about no software support is just ignorance. The reason why iPhone 4 have "double resolution" ( yes, I know it's actually 4 times the pixels), is so it is backwards compatible with old applications.

And when there are great demand for retina iPad apps (which there will), developers will simply "edit" their apps to support it so they can make money! They're stupid not to.
    Last edited by RyoSaeba; 02-10-2012 at 02:22 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

no flash no thank you
    Dude- flash is so dead! If this is your purchasing criteria, perhaps I could interest you in this Pentium notebook I have in my desk drawer.

Seriously- every day sites are reconfiguring their websites to do away with flash- it's a power/cycle/bandwidth pig. There are so many other valid things to consider- flash shouldn't even be part of the process.

Just my 2 cents.

-O