+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NYT Report Claims iPad 3 Screen is Truly Amazing

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by unison999 For those who already own an iPad... First question you should ask yourself is how long has the iPhone4 been out? How many apps that supports
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    For those who already own an iPad...
    First question you should ask yourself is how long has the iPhone4 been out?
    How many apps that supports retina display?
    Do you really want to rush out to buy a retina display iPad when it is not fully supported until maybe 2013?

Until there is some addition to this iPad3 that is totally revolutionary and totally different from iPad2, I see absolutely no need to buy this. I seem to recall a reporter saw the iPad3 at the CES said he was not impressed, so I would assume nothing new except faster and improved display.
    The text improvement is worth it in itself, it was on the iPhone 4 as well. Most apps let the OS render the text, so the retina display will be felt almost everywhere, almost immediately. I want this just for reading, the text really sucks on the iPad.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I will likely spring for this improved resolution screen. It's really what has kept me from getting a tablet. It doesn't seem to make much sense to buy something made specifically for media consumption WITHOUT an HD resolution. That said, I still find these machines to be overpriced, but hey, I have spent enough on games/apps so I can enjoy those on a bigger screen too. I had to give in at some point. :/
    lol, then next year you'll spring for the iPad 4 with the same specs but quad core processor. when you want something, you have to just go out and get it. You can never have the "best" gadget for too long because there's always a better one right around the corner.

Thanks

I skipped 2 so 3 is a must have!
    I hope they are "Truly Amazing"!
    or at the very least, B@D @SS.....

iPhone? More like MyPhone sTrAnGe mOdS's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Lol. I hope you don't plan on buying a new Android tablet any time soon. You won't find Flash on those either. Flash is an old excuse.
    You sure? Because actually, I had flash on my Droid before I sold it and got the Verizon iPhone when it was released.

8GB iPod Touch 1G: 1.1.1 > 1.1.2 > 1.2 > 2.0 > 2.0.1 > 2.1 > 2.2 > 2.2.1 > 3.0 > 3.0.1 GM RedSn0wed
    16GB iPhone 3G > Sold $375 > iPhone 4: 4.2.8 > 5.0
    32GB iPad: 3.2 > 3.2.1 > Traded For MacBook > Traded + $500 For MacBook Pro

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    Yeh an no floppy disk drive no thank you. And if the memory is more than 16mb no thank you. 'put old outdated tech here' no thank you.
    Lol yes!

iPhone? More like MyPhone djarkiz's Avatar
    Thanks

Doing taxes now so by the time iPad 3 comes out I'll have my cash and Bammmmmm ... iPad 3 (hopefully) if not I'm sure 64gb iPad 2 will be cheaper when 3 comes out so I'll grab that !!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sTrAnGe mOdS View Post
    You sure? Because actually, I had flash on my Droid before I sold it and got the Verizon iPhone when it was released.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_1...ers-for-html5/

Thanks

Yep. That's exactly what kept me from purchasing the iPad 2. With the improved resolution, I'm ready to commit.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't wait to upgrade from my I pad 2. I hate searching the web without "retina display" soooooo much. I hate playing games on my 9 inch tablet without Retina Display soooooo much. I HATE not having retina display soooooo much, I should have waited for an I pad with it.

Ok, seriously.....not. But I do hope they put retina display on the device so people will shut up about it.

And now I'm thinking about it, I hope it has overrated Siri as well. If it doesn't, then the year will be overloaded by people crying that Siri isn't on their I pad so they can talk to it, and ask it about the weather, and if she likes me will she check "box" yes or no, etc etc.

Flame away haters.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RyoSaeba View Post
    What do you want a tablet to do? Make you coffee? Wash and fold your clothes?

And that nonsense about no software support is just ignorance. The reason why iPhone 4 have "double resolution" ( yes, I know it's actually 4 times the pixels), is so it is backwards compatible with old applications.

And when there are great demand for retina iPad apps (which there will), developers will simply "edit" their apps to support it so they can make money! They're stupid not to.

Why don't you quote the whole post? I set a condition for the post "For those who already own an iPad..."
    Why would I want to spend a lot of money "upgrading" to new iPad when it will be running same exact thing?

There will not be a demand as high as the amount of iPad 1 + iPad 2 out there, so it will be running in compatibility mode to previous gen iPads for quite some time.

If better looking text is what you want, sure spend most likely quite a bit more than what an iPad goes for right now to get an iPad3.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    And now I'm thinking about it, I hope it has overrated Siri as well. If it doesn't, then the year will be overloaded by people crying that Siri isn't on their I pad so they can talk to it, and ask it about the weather, and if she likes me will she check "box" yes or no, etc etc.

Flame away haters.
    it'll have Siri so it can be tied to Apple TV.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If what you say is true, there would not be a need to have an article a few blocks down.
    Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi - Apple to Developers: Make Apps Retina Display Compatible or Don't Make Them At All
    Why would Apple need to do this now if everyone is making retina display apps on iPhone 4?
    What did you get from their message? I read Apple making sure EVERY application is retina display compatible not saying they are lacking retina display compatible applications.

Considering all the iPad 1 and iPad 2 out there, why would they make retina display iPad 3 when it is easier to make regular display and make more money from them?
    Because people will be upgrading from the iPad 2 or iPad 1 to the iPad 3, at least a big bunch of them (if the specs turn out to be what we assume).

Absolutely no need to get iPad 3 for at least a year, even after 1 year I don't believe that many retina display iPad3 specific games out there.
    Are you assuming people are only buying iPads because of gaming? How much better is it to read a book in a retina display than it is to read it on iPad's LCD? From my experience, iPhone 4's screen does a much better job at rendering the font than any other device I have ever got a hold of. Ensures a great and compelling experience when you look at it's screen.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
    More like, "Here's the iPad 3, it's amazing, it's revlutionary!, it's everything you ever wanted in a tablet! In fact, it's SO amazing and SO revolutionary we had to limit what you could do with it because if we hand't well, you'd just turn to your brain into mush! So let's hold hands and walk this path together. One feature at at time, one iPad revision at a time........Wasn't that great? You mean you want to do more with it? Well I apologize but this is the end of our journey. Be sure to purchase the iPad 4 on your way out to see what lies in store for you tomorrow!
    I have an Android tablet (well, HP Touchpad with HoneyComb)... I still don't find myself using flash. I agree, the choice should be MINE, but if it's not something I miss, I am going to stop complaining. I think Apple's reasoning behind it is ridiculous, but it obviously hasn't stopped me from buying iPhones, so...

For those who already own an iPad...
    First question you should ask yourself is how long has the iPhone4 been out?
    How many apps that supports retina display?
    Do you really want to rush out to buy a retina display iPad when it is not fully supported until maybe 2013?

Until there is some addition to this iPad3 that is totally revolutionary and totally different from iPad2, I see absolutely no need to buy this. I seem to recall a reporter saw the iPad3 at the CES said he was not impressed, so I would assume nothing new except faster and improved display.
    To each his own. Apps don't bother me. I'd rather have videos be ultra crisp and clear. Most streaming apps already support 1080p HD, and I am fine with that. I am sure it will take all of ten minutes to find a software which will encode your Blurays into "iPad 3 ready" files, so that's all I need. This is all coming from a person who saw no point in an iPad, a product made completely for content consumption, without an HD screen to view the HD content that everyone is pumping out. Meanwhile the iPad and iPad 2 will still do perfectly fine for those that don't much care about this. In fact, I wouldn't be shocked if Apple sold the iPad 2 alongside the iPad 3 to be able to target a broader audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Lol. I hope you don't plan on buying a new Android tablet any time soon. You won't find Flash on those either. Flash is an old excuse.
    This isn't quite accurate. You will still be able to get flash on Android tablets (unless the maker physically blocks it, I suppose). It is just no longer in development.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 02-10-2012 at 06:26 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I agree with the no flash no way. U guys say html5 a the way. Well guess what I'm still watching all sports for free on kofss thanks to flash and also any movie I want thanks to flash so wtf sites do you guys go on to replace these. U must just use mainstream web sites. Ya typical you .

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12