Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AllThingsD: iPad 3 Event Set for First Week of March

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default AllThingsD: iPad 3 Event Set for First Week of March

The granddaddy of all inside Apple sources - AllThingsD - is reporting that the third generation iPad will be introduced the first week of March at an Apple media event in San Francisco at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts.

"No word yet on a street date for the iPad 3 (assuming thatís what itís called)," says John Paczkowski, "though my guess is retail availability will follow roughly the same schedule as that of the iPad 2: Available for purchase a week or so after the event."

The source confirming the early March launch says that if 2011 was the year of the iPad 2, 2012 will clearly be the year of the iPad 3.

With the device's design and production now confirmed and in process, what can we confident predict from the third-generation device? According to Paczkowski, the rumor mill probably got it right. Look for the iPad 3 to be a device "similar in form factor to the iPad 2," but one that runs a significantly faster chip, delivers an improved graphics processing unit, and features the long-awaited 2048◊1536 Retina Display.

Apple, as you might expect, won't confirm or deny the latest prediction of an early March media event, but AllThingsD says it's on like Donkey Kong.

Source: AllThingsD

Sign Me Up!!

Looking forward to what updated features they have. But I just don't see the point in upgrading from my iPad 2 with just the features that are currently rumored to be coming. Hope there's something 'amazing' to change my mind.

And really hope they don't call it an iPad 2S.

Default im getting it!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatbiguns View Post
    Sign Me Up!!
    im getting it!!!

I might get it depending on what used iPad 2's are going for since I would be selling my existing iPad 2.

Made the mistake of buying a 16gb iPad 2. And I really need at the very least 32gigs. So. Will. Buy. !!!

Ok now that I have silenced my conscience, time to save up the cash !!!

Quote Originally Posted by flaccid_member View Post
    Looking forward to what updated features they have. But I just don't see the point in upgrading from my iPad 2 with just the features that are currently rumored to be coming. Hope there's something 'amazing' to change my mind.

And really hope they don't call it an iPad 2S.
    The one feature to look for the most I'd guess is the retina display. That alone would kill any other tablet in the market in my opinion, just like any higher resolution device, once you play with it you have a hard time going back to a lower resolution device and considering how big the app store is...if you have an iPad 2 I see no reason not to upgrade. Having in mind you are enjoying your iPad experience anyway. Looking at a retina display should be a much more compelling experience. Obviously it should also come with a better processor and graphics unit. That does it for me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Honestly, if the iPad 3 contains all the new features we're expecting it to have, Apple wouldn't even need to release a new one next year. It would dominate well into 2013. Might even be a good strategy for them.

I also think they should have did what they did with the iPods and just kept the name 'iPad' for all the models and went with different generations instead. It makes it even more iconic. Even 'iPad HD' is a better bet than iPad 3, in my opinion.
    Last edited by TheDirtyDiddler; 02-09-2012 at 11:20 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hope it happens before March 11th (the day my iPad 2 was bought) so I can return my iPad 2 under the 1-year warranty and have enough cash to pick up an iPad 3 for no extra cash

I will finally buy one this year. Still don't have much need for one but who cares.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greatbiguns View Post
    sign me up!!
    me too!
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgunaca View Post
    Hope it happens before March 11th (the day my iPad 2 was bought) so I can return my iPad 2 under the 1-year warranty and have enough cash to pick up an iPad 3 for no extra cash
    you think you'll be able to return a 1 year old ipad2, ??
    that's funny,,, good luck !!!

Thanks

Time to sell my iPad 2!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by musiclee View Post
    you think you'll be able to return a 1 year old ipad2, ??
    that's funny,,, good luck !!!
    You took the word right off of my keyboard LOL.

iPhone? More like MyPhone djarkiz's Avatar
    Thanks

Can't wait for my iPad 3, gonna have my cash by then......stooooked, would be nice if apple confirmed tho, I'd be more excited !!

We'll see. I'm half-way holding my breath
    :-P
    I always thought the term "early adopter" (regarding tech) was a bit snooty. So, I'll go ahead and call myself an early adopter, cuz I'm feeling a bit snooty.