+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Update: Pictures of iPad 3 Rear Housing Surface

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Apple has yet to announce or even acknowledge the existence of the iPad 3, but today’s leak, if it's real, implies Apple is deep into the production process. Pictures of
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Update: Pictures of iPad 3 Rear Housing Surface

Apple has yet to announce or even acknowledge the existence of the iPad 3, but today’s leak, if it's real, implies Apple is deep into the production process.

Pictures of the rear casing of the iPad 3 surfaced today on the repair site RepairLabs. The photos compare the current iPad 2 rear case with what they claim is the new iPad 3 rear casing. The diagram above shows a number of differences labeled A through D including different logic board mounts (A), a wider battery (B), a different camera ( C), and a different LCD (D).

The space allotted for the logic board has been greatly reduced on the alleged iPad 3 rear case, which is most likely because of larger battery which iPad 3 rumors have suggested, but this could also be in response to the increased power draw of a large Retina display. However, until the LCD is leaked, or we actually see the finished product via Apple’s announcement the iPad 3’s Retina display will remained king of the rumor-mill.

RepairLabs’ source commented that the new iPad 3 housing did not seem any thicker than iPad 2 back. This would contradict earlier rumors that the iPad 3 would be thicker to compensate for a larger Retina display. Either way the new mounting design implies the LCD has been redesigned in some aspects.

Expect more leaks in the coming weeks. Until then drool over the empty metal carcass above.

*Update*

Well the "more leaks in the coming weeks" actually turned into "more leaks in like a couple hours." Apple.pro is claiming to have pictures of the back of the iPad 3 rear housing and photos of the iPad 3's Smart Cover magnets.

The picture itself shows an almost identical housing to that of the iPad 2 when viewed from the outside. If the piece is real it is either a prototype or was swiped off the manufacturing floor before Apple's factories could stamp any information on the back. It appears that all signs are pointing to an iPad 3 with very little different design wise, heck it even appears both devices will share the same Smart Cover magnet design, implying old Smart Covers will work with the iPad 3.

But, if the iPhone 4S sales record is any indication of the iPad 3's performance Apple will break records while beating financial analysts' expectations again.

Source: RepairLabs Apple.pro
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 02-08-2012 at 11:11 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

By the looks of it there will be nearly no difference in looks from the iPad 2 to iPad 3.
    Thats why other tablets get more of a look as from one to the next its just about a completely different tablet but Apple stick with their boring look and design. I hope the screen is different like it doesn't have a huge black border around it to make it look different but I doubt it as it is an Apple product so it will look like all the other iPads.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    By the looks of it there will be nearly no difference in looks from the iPad 2 to iPad 3.
    Thats why other tablets get more of a look as from one to the next its just about a completely different tablet but Apple stick with their boring look and design. I hope the screen is different like it doesn't have a huge black border around it to make it look different but I doubt it as it is an Apple product so it will look like all the other iPads.
    Why fix something which is not broke? I for one am not those show off hipster idiots who wants to show the world my new device. I want a powerful, sleek and intuitive device for my self. Simple.

-Win7 Ultimate Retail Dualboot with Mac OSX 10.5.8 On PC, Core 2 Duo, 4GBRam, 300GB Drive, 500GB External, Nvidia Geforce 8400GS

What's Jailbreak? HereToTrollolol's Avatar
    Thanks
    I hate when people complain about the design of the iPad. I would like to someone make a remake of it that doesn't look like any other tablet. iPads look nice and sleek which is a good thing.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ins0mniac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
    Why fix something which is not broke? I for one am not those show off hipster idiots who wants to show the world my new device. I want a powerful, sleek and intuitive device for my self. Simple.
    +1. A tablet is a tablet in terms of shape and aesthetics. What exact form factor do people want the iPad to change to exactly? Apple have obviously decided that a 10" 4:3 shape is the best compromise, so that it works well in both landscape and portrait mode for reading. 16:10 Android tablets are better for viewing widescreen movies, but they suck in portrait mode for reading.

So in short it's the insides that count. Just as its the insides that count for the iPhone 4S. While a large group of people complained that it wasn't a new design or the rumoured 4" iPhone 5, the majority of people that actually bought the 4S are extremely happy withs it's massive boost in speed, Siri, and the big increase in camera/video quality.

All that I really care about for the iPad3 is an increase of screen resolution. I love my iPad2, but ever since being spoilt by the amazing screen on my iPhone4, every other display I own has looked chunky, soft and pixelated in comparison. Its time for Apple to blow us away with a 2048x1536 retina display on the iPad

Thanks

Hey guys since the rumors are the iPad 3 won't look any different than the iPad 2 then i knew exactly what to look for when i robbed fox con and picked this up... its the iPad 3 ENJOY !!!

i'm j/king i didn't steal it...

Found it in a bar
    Last edited by gthugballin; 02-08-2012 at 10:07 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does someone want to help those of us that have NOT memorized the interior of the ipad2 and let us know which one is which? OP failed to mention...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by preppyr6 View Post
    Does someone want to help those of us that have NOT memorized the interior of the ipad2 and let us know which one is which? OP failed to mention...
    If you had read this portion

"The diagram above shows a number of differences labeled A through D including different logic board mounts (A), a wider battery (B), a different camera ( C), and a different LCD (D).

The space allotted for the logic board has been greatly reduced on the alleged iPad 3 rear case, which is most likely because of larger battery which iPad 3 rumors have suggested, but this could also be in response to the increased power draw of a large Retina display. "

You can see it's talking about the size allocation between the 2 devices. And judging from what I just read, it means that the right side is the iPad 3.

-Win7 Ultimate Retail Dualboot with Mac OSX 10.5.8 On PC, Core 2 Duo, 4GBRam, 300GB Drive, 500GB External, Nvidia Geforce 8400GS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by preppyr6 View Post
    iPad 2 on the left

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ins0mniac View Post
    +1. A tablet is a tablet in terms of shape and aesthetics. What exact form factor do people want the iPad to change to exactly? Apple have obviously decided that a 10" 4:3 shape is the best compromise, so that it works well in both landscape and portrait mode for reading. 16:10 Android tablets are better for viewing widescreen movies, but they suck in portrait mode for reading.
    I'm pretty sure it's worse for movies than 16:10 is for reading. Even the Kindle has 16:10

Thanks
    speaking from experience.
    if you get excited now, you loose.
    get excited when the official news is out, u win.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Dude apple can you get a smaller size iPad I need that tho iPad to me it's too big cut it in half and boom iPad mini .

Thanks

Americans need to drop the attitude that companies have to reinvent each product on a yearly cycle just because 'it's last year's model'. The iPad 2 is sleek, comfortable and unobtrusive. When you're using it all that matters from a design point of view is that it's comfortable, you can easily access all of the ports and the screen is clear. The iPad 2 does that better than any other tablet. Design should be worthwhile, not just for design's sake.

Read this. It's Dietr Rams' 10 principles of good design. he has influenced design more than any other man, without a doubt. The world owes him big time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eonhpi View Post
    Dude apple can you get a smaller size iPad I need that tho iPad to me it's too big cut it in half and boom iPad mini .
    "Mini iPad"? No, no, no- how about a JUMBO iPhone 5?
    Now we're talkin'!!

Thanks

Gee... how do you want a tablet to look? You want it triangle? Maybe with transformable wings that extend out? Unless you're a tablet nazi or own a non-apple tablet, I have no idea what another perticular tablet looks like. Is it a $300 Andriod 2.2 tab or a $800 Xoom tab? How can I know unless I look REALLY close or ask? All other tablets really look alike to me. Well, one thing I did notice was someone holding a 5.5" "thing" next to their ear talking into it. That has to be the Galaxy Note. Though it was more funny to me then it was cool to be using such a big device as a phone.

What apple has really going for them is people recongnize their products even if you don't own them. That is a fact, good or not.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Its the iPad 3s !!!

Its the iPad 2"S"

Thanks

they should make an ipad 3 "pro" which has mac OS.. IMO.