+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Enterprise Tablet Market Dominated by iPad

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Ipad Dominating Enterprise Tablet Market

Apple’s tablet market share is massive compared to its competitors, and as a result the iPad’s enterprise presence is thriving.

According to enterprise mobile services vendor Good Technology, Apple’s iPad accounted for 96% of tablets activated at the 2,000 plus companies that use the company’s services. Apple’s enterprise popularity extends to the iPhone as well with 53% of new activations at companies that utilize Good Technology’s services. This equates to iOS devices owning 71% of the total market-share of mobile enterprise devices

Apple’s enterprise history hasn’t always been so peachy. Earlier iterations of the iPhone lacked true push email with an inability to activate it. Future iOS iterations continued to add more enterprise support. This coupled with the massive explosion in popularity of iOS devices in the consumer world created a healthy atmosphere for Apple’s products to infiltrate boardrooms, offices, work-sites, and other atmospheres.

Apple’s consistency across all iOS devices creates a much neater package for IT workers as well. Android devices don’t consistently support Exchange Server, IPSec and VPN clients which can create a technical nightmare. RIM survived longer than they should because their products just worked.

However, RIM’s hemorrhaging user-base has created a hole in the enterprise community that Apple is willing to fill.

Source: Apple Insider

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hey Mr. Swanson, nice article, but you should fix the title: it's iPad, not Ipad.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iTouch-Warrior View Post
    Hey Mr. Swanson, nice article, but you should fix the title: it's iPad, not Ipad.
    THANKYOU, beat me to it. and im pretty sure i saw another title with the same I vs i mistake earlier this week.