Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Canadian Consumers Purchase Clay iPad 2s Swapped out by Scammers

Honestly, if you are buying anything that costs over $100 in a physical store, you should insist on being able to open it and test it prior to paying for it. If the store refuses, then take your business elsewhere.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cmwade77 View Post
    Honestly, if you are buying anything that costs over $100 in a physical store, you should insist on being able to open it and test it prior to paying for it. If the store refuses, then take your business elsewhere.
    Prior to paying for it? yeah, most stores will refuse that. I am sure they would have no aversion to you paying for it and opening it on the spot. If you didn't get what you were supposed to, they'd legally have to take it back. But too many people would be opening products jst to "test" them and then deciding they don't want it. Things would either go up in price or that store would go out of business. I mean would you buy an open box item for retail price even if it was literally opened 15 minutes ago.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Situations like this is why places like Best Buy now ask for an ID when you return stuff... and people still complain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12