+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Giveaway] FullScreen for iPad Gets iOS 5 Support; Win A Copy for Yourself!

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
FullScreen for iPad lets you browse through Mobile Safari in full screen mode, but it also does more. The iPad has a very large screen, unlike the iPhone and iPod
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [Giveaway] FullScreen for iPad Gets iOS 5 Support; Win A Copy for Yourself!

FullScreen for iPad lets you browse through Mobile Safari in full screen mode, but it also does more.

The iPad has a very large screen, unlike the iPhone and iPod touch. For many, that means that they want to get extra use out of the available pixels. If you are one of those people, then FullScreen for iPad might be just what you are looking for. It's a tweak made by Yllier that lets you toggle full screen browsing whenever you want to use it in Mobile Safari. Simply double-tap to toggle and you're viewing content in full screen without a status bar or any of Safari's buttons in your way. If you want to exit full screen, you just double-tap again.

FullScreen for iPad was rewritten for iOS 5. It took a while to update because Yllier didn't have an iPad 2 to develop on. Thanks to a generous friend, he was able to test it out and make sure that everything worked the way it was supposed to. If being able to view Web content in full screen isn't enough of a selling point for FullScreen for iPad for you, then you will appreciate that it has more options than just viewing a Web page in full screen. It actually makes Mobile Safari a multi-touch browser and adds more commands to it, just like you were browsing in Safari on your Mac. Additionally, while in full screen you can toggle a window that has Safari's action buttons on it:

FullScreen for iPad has most of the same settings as the iPhone and iPod touch version. The fact that it opens up the larger screen to iPad users is just what makes it more fun. The multitouch gestures that you can use make it feel more intuitive than when you have to press buttons to invoke an action in Mobile Safari. FullScreen for iPad will not conflict with any of your tweaks that you have installed for Mobile Safari. It works great with Yllier's other application AdBlocker which lets you get the best Web experience. Imagine not only viewing content in full screen mode but also with no cluttering ads.

The fact that Yllier has rewritten this tweak for the iPad on iOS 5 falls right in place with today's great news that hacker pod2g showed us all an iPad 2 on iOS 5.0.1 with an untethered jailbreak. This means that not only iPad 1 owners, but iPad 2 owners as well will be able to take advantage of this great tweak.

Yllier was gracious enough to give away five copies of FullScreen for iPad to the lucky readers of Modmyi. If you want to win, tell us what Web site that you would most use FullScreen for iPad for and tell us why you think you need it. Leave your Cydia account number in the comment because the only way we can send you a copy is if we know what Cydia account to route the application to. Good luck!

Name: FullScreen for iPad
    Price: $2.19
    Repo: BigBoss
    Version: 1.30
    Developer: Yllier
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

Do you think that FullScreen for iPad is a cool tweak? Share in the comments.

Sources: Yllier

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tashawn's Avatar
    Thanks

I got this for my iPhone for free!!
    I love this tweak. Once I get normal tabs for safari I'm deleting my third-party web browser.
    Last edited by Tashawn; 01-17-2012 at 06:02 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I would most likely use this for my University's online system which we receive all of our handouts etc on. It is already clunky and this would actually improve it a lot.

A reason? Because I like to look at the website as half fullscreen.

(That either clinched it or got me banned)
    Thanks!

Cydia Number: 1109975

*T*
    Thanks

What's with all the iPad giveaways? iPads suck. Plenty of people changed their minds when the first iPad was announced, about how it was useless and just a big iPod. Well, let's face the facts: that's really what it is, isn't it?

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuj29's Avatar
    Thanks

This may seem like a naffy little tweek but i love it, if your on safari all the time you'll find theres sites that are viewed at there best in fullscreen mode. Once you have used this tweak for a couple of days you will come to realise its so practical and so smooth in its function, i live it both on iPhone and iPad.....

Hmm iPad just a big iPod hmm, like a classic mini and a ferrari are the same because they're in the vehicle family have wheels and a engine, one is bigger, more powerful, faster, better designed, equipped with gadgets and runs smooth....just my opinion i have a couple of ipod4's an iphone 4S and an iPad and there all so different in there own unique way.

iPad2 of course..👍
    Last edited by smuj29; 01-17-2012 at 06:05 PM.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    What's with all the iPad giveaways? iPads suck. Plenty of people changed their minds when the first iPad was announced, about how it was useless and just a big iPod. Well, let's face the facts: that's really what it is, isn't it?
    I'd rather have an iPad than an iPod touch.

Thanks

My thoughts exactly.
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Thanks
    Thanked 1,669 Times in 826 Posts

Edit: Just bought it, got tired of waiting to win it
    Last edited by Jahooba; 01-18-2012 at 07:30 PM.

Thanks

I would probably use it for Developing webapps and surfing on Modmyi the most. I'm a kid and I don't like pirating things like tweaks. I want to get in on this deal.

Thanks

This is a great addiction to Safari, it should have been available out of the box.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I'd rather have an iPad than an iPod touch.
    Agreed.

Thanks

I would use this tweak on modmyi of course and with developing web apps. I need to finish up my aehmlo.co.cc web app, and testing iPad support would really come in handy. I can't add it to my home screen as, since I bricked my iPad and had to restore, my icons are well past the limit SpringBoard has. I also am going to make a homework assignment tracker web app for some of my classmates. I would use this to help me out. I also have no way of paying for this for the next few months, so I would love a copy of this now. I also am going to develop a jailbreak web app, which I can test on the 5.0.1 untethered pod2g is working on, and this tweak would help with that. This is a great feature, have it on my iPhone. It should have been available out of the box, and I think we may see this from apple soon as we have in the past, but props to yllier for making it work! Love this guy's tweaks and am a big fan of screendimmer, unlike some people.
    ~A3hml0 Lxa1tn
    Cydia number: 3101013
    Last edited by Aehmlo; 01-17-2012 at 07:21 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone expl0itfinder's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know what i think. I would love to have an ipad, (as i only have an ipod touch) but i know people that have an ipad, one and two, that would really love to have an ipod touch. So i think its just a matter of having something different. What does that say about apple products? Are they really better, or is it just a matter of having something different?
    (null)

Thanks

I use to use my iPhone(just an iPod with phone capabilities) constantly when I'm at home. Now that I have an iPad I don't touch my iPhone unless I get a call or text. So basically what I'm saying is that iPads are awesome. Very far from being useless or sucking.

Zoz
    Thanks

I would use it to look at a few sites for my classes that my professors made. They're strangly designed, so I need the extra room to view it all. Cydia Number: 13766

Thanks

I have used fullscreen for iPhone/ipod for a while, just like it. I think I will use it to visit every sites if I have a copy of fullscreen for iPad. And it could be a huge pain if I have no gestures or shortcuts to browse websites on my iPad 2, PLEASE!!!
    Cydia number: #2282374

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is a great feature. I love this tweak. I would love to have an my ipad. I use "google" serch. #1249089

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I use fullscreen in any web page you visit. What good is having a big screen if you can not take it?

Thanks

Could be said that the samsung galaxy tab is just a big samsung galaxy s2!!!!!! :0/

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Oh wow I would love it!
    Why is Apple limitating the screen by that bottom line, huh? And why they don't use gestures?
    FullScreen will rule and make my day!
    Need it for better view of blogs and Internet forums.